CRAZY teachers (& company) going to Disney in July...HOT HOT HOT!!!

That's how it felt for me..like for this past trip, I thought I would have to start from scratch, but I kept all of my 2008 stuff, so now that will be like a template for me to work off of! I can see that all trips from here on out will be much easier and smoother to plan...the first trip is really like a guinea-pig trip!

I also use our 2008 plans as a template. Of course, as the boys get older we will be doing different attractions. Right now we make sure to do all the kiddie stuff early in the morning so that the boys get to see everything, and then DH rides the thrillers or we take turns doing some attractions that may be too scary for them at this point (like last time we took turns going on Dinosaur at AK). I'm sure when my boys are teens they will want to ride ToT and RnRC all day, and I will have to find a way to make that work!! :rotfl:

We did know about the whole new Cars Land they are building at DL. Last August, there was a DVC event about 45 minutes from our house. They had a presentation (and specials to buy more points of course!) and then they had a dessert party with the characters (the reason we took the boys in the first place!). It was free for DVC members, and they told us about the new Cars Land they are building at DL when they were promoting the Grand Californian Villas. DH and I said we have to get there someday...but when the boys are older, since we want to drive across-country to get there.

So, we went to BJs on Sunday to stock up on some essentials and I went crazy and bought 4 cases of water. Then when we packed the car to go home I realized that since we no longer have a minivan (we drive a cross-over now, no third row, much smaller), we can't fit that much water in the car in addition to all the luggage! Man, did I feel dumb...don't know why I didn't think of that before! :confused3 So we will probably only have room for one case plus luggage. I also realized I have to downsize the packing, so I figure that since 9 nights into our total 18-night trip, we have a free day (no theme park). We will hang out at the resort, take the kids to the pool, and I can do our laundry in the villa. That means only half the amount of clothes to bring! DH said we might also be able to put the water bottes (half-liter size) into bags and put them on the floor of the car. The good thing is that my boys are little which means small size clothing, so they can share a suitcase!

Any other ideas for downsizing luggage?

I also use our 2008 plans as a template. Of course, as the boys get older we will be doing different attractions. Right now we make sure to do all the kiddie stuff early in the morning so that the boys get to see everything, and then DH rides the thrillers or we take turns doing some attractions that may be too scary for them at this point (like last time we took turns going on Dinosaur at AK). I'm sure when my boys are teens they will want to ride ToT and RnRC all day, and I will have to find a way to make that work!! :rotfl:

We did know about the whole new Cars Land they are building at DL. Last August, there was a DVC event about 45 minutes from our house. They had a presentation (and specials to buy more points of course!) and then they had a dessert party with the characters (the reason we took the boys in the first place!). It was free for DVC members, and they told us about the new Cars Land they are building at DL when they were promoting the Grand Californian Villas. DH and I said we have to get there someday...but when the boys are older, since we want to drive across-country to get there.

So, we went to BJs on Sunday to stock up on some essentials and I went crazy and bought 4 cases of water. Then when we packed the car to go home I realized that since we no longer have a minivan (we drive a cross-over now, no third row, much smaller), we can't fit that much water in the car in addition to all the luggage! Man, did I feel dumb...don't know why I didn't think of that before! :confused3 So we will probably only have room for one case plus luggage. I also realized I have to downsize the packing, so I figure that since 9 nights into our total 18-night trip, we have a free day (no theme park). We will hang out at the resort, take the kids to the pool, and I can do our laundry in the villa. That means only half the amount of clothes to bring! DH said we might also be able to put the water bottes (half-liter size) into bags and put them on the floor of the car. The good thing is that my boys are little which means small size clothing, so they can share a suitcase!

Any other ideas for downsizing luggage?

Hi!!! Sorry it's been a while!

Anyways, yeah watch out when your boys are teens!! They're going to be running around like mad men to get on all the big rides! And you, poor mom, will have to be running to catch up with them! :lmao:

Ooh how fun, a dessert party!!! And yes definitely come when your kids will be able to handle driving across the country!! Wouldn't it take about 3 days to get from NY to CA?

To make the most out of your water situation, you should stick extra bottles of water in all the cup holders (not sure how many cup holders are in a crossover) and finding hidden spots to stick bottles (under seats) so you wouldn't have to buy too much water when you got there...That really does stink! Four cases of water and can only bring one! :sad2:

Ooh will you have access to a vacuum cleaner in the villas? We have some of those storage saver bags where you stick all the clothes into a bag and suck the air out and it leaves you with LOTS of space!! Have always wanted to do this on trips, but because luggage can only weight 50 lbs, it wouldn't work for us, but it could definitely work for you guys!! :thumbsup2

Hi!!! Sorry it's been a while!

Anyways, yeah watch out when your boys are teens!! They're going to be running around like mad men to get on all the big rides! And you, poor mom, will have to be running to catch up with them! :lmao:

Ooh how fun, a dessert party!!! And yes definitely come when your kids will be able to handle driving across the country!! Wouldn't it take about 3 days to get from NY to CA?

To make the most out of your water situation, you should stick extra bottles of water in all the cup holders (not sure how many cup holders are in a crossover) and finding hidden spots to stick bottles (under seats) so you wouldn't have to buy too much water when you got there...That really does stink! Four cases of water and can only bring one! :sad2:

Ooh will you have access to a vacuum cleaner in the villas? We have some of those storage saver bags where you stick all the clothes into a bag and suck the air out and it leaves you with LOTS of space!! Have always wanted to do this on trips, but because luggage can only weight 50 lbs, it wouldn't work for us, but it could definitely work for you guys!! :thumbsup2

I know there are cup holders in the front console and also in the front doors of the car. I will have to check the back doors. Great tip! DH also said that if we put the water bottles into bags, we may be able to bring 2 cases with us.

Yes, we have a vacuum cleaner in the villa, but we don't have one at the other hotels on the way or in Boca Raton. I have thought about the storage saver bags, but because we won't have a vacuum cleaner until 5 days into our trip, it wouldn't work. We'd still need the room in the car after the first day! I suppose if we only packed the clothes for Disney in it and then used a small suitcase for the other clothes it would work, but I don't know...what if we get there and the vacuum isn't working? See how paranoid I am? :laughing:

We leave in 5 weeks from today!! And 5 days after that we will be in WDW!!! :banana:

I know there are cup holders in the front console and also in the front doors of the car. I will have to check the back doors. Great tip! DH also said that if we put the water bottles into bags, we may be able to bring 2 cases with us.

Yes, we have a vacuum cleaner in the villa, but we don't have one at the other hotels on the way or in Boca Raton. I have thought about the storage saver bags, but because we won't have a vacuum cleaner until 5 days into our trip, it wouldn't work. We'd still need the room in the car after the first day! I suppose if we only packed the clothes for Disney in it and then used a small suitcase for the other clothes it would work, but I don't know...what if we get there and the vacuum isn't working? See how paranoid I am? :laughing:

We leave in 5 weeks from today!! And 5 days after that we will be in WDW!!! :banana:

Ahh yeah, forgot about the other hotels! Drat...oh well, I'm SURE you'll find a way to fit everything you need into the car! :thumbsup2 Thank goodness you're not going in the winter time! I don't think you would have any room for coats and heavier clothing! Summer time = less amount of clothing, which is what I loved about going to WDW in the summer...when we went it seemed like I couldn't stuff enough clothing into our suitcases! :eek:

How's your back feeling today???

Ahh yeah, forgot about the other hotels! Drat...oh well, I'm SURE you'll find a way to fit everything you need into the car! :thumbsup2 Thank goodness you're not going in the winter time! I don't think you would have any room for coats and heavier clothing! Summer time = less amount of clothing, which is what I loved about going to WDW in the summer...when we went it seemed like I couldn't stuff enough clothing into our suitcases! :eek:

How's your back feeling today???

True, summer clothing is very light and I certainly won't even need to bring pants!! Shorts take up a lot less space. The boys each have a huge duffle bag with the name on it. Their clothing all fits into one, so last time we put all their clothes into one and we brought along a large garbage bag and used that inside the other bag for the dirty clothes. (Yes, I think of everything! ;)) Then I bring one suitcase, and DH brings another. We have a small bag for toiletries, and we manage to use the side pockets in our suitcases for shoes. I just need my sneakers and maybe 2 pairs of sandals, and flip-flops for the pool and I am fine! We also bring a garbage bag for dirty clothes. Takes up less space in the car than another suitcase!

My back is actually much better today, thank goodness! Now I finally believe what the doctor said to me on Tuesday...that in a couple of days I will be feeling much better. I'm going back to work tomorrow. And, this is gonna sound funny...I have to wash my hair tonight, but I'm afraid to dry it, because of having to maneuver with the hairdryer. So I think I will just let it dry on its own and put it in a ponytail tomorrow, to play it safe.

One thing I am really scared of is working out again in a couple of weeks. I am definitely never doing a deadlift again as long as I live! I think that seriously messed me up. I can find another way to exercise my hamstrings! I am taking a break from the heavy weight lifting until after we get back from Canada in the beginning of August. We leave for Canada 4 days after getting home from Florida. Going to visit my dad's relatives in Canada. In the meantime, in a couple of weeks I will start by just walking, and maybe some of my lighter aerobic DVDs. I can also bring those on the trip, which is what i did last time. I'm still very nervous about working out again. But my doctor wants me exercising again in a couple of weeks, he just said to ease back into it. Don't want to take a chance, and definitely do not want to go through this again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter