Crazy Theory based on recent rumors...

Walt Disney World Today
There are big plans for Epcot, Kaz. We do have new pavilions joining, like the play-themed pavilion and the Guardians of the Galaxy-themed roller coaster, but The Land and The Seas with Nemo & Friends are planned to be with us into the future.
WDWToday doesn't know what WDI is doing. I am not saying the report it true (its not) but I wouldn't trust WDWToday as the gospel either. Also the future for Disney could mean one year.

Incorrect. There is no internal paper work. No more I can say on that.

I don’t know if I believe that. There was also conflicting information about Artist Point becoming a character meal and we saw how that turned out. Also when Mickey Views reported the new Epcot night shows there were plenty of naysayers “with inside sources”. I’m not saying the website that shall not be named is gospel but I don’t think anyone here knows one way or another.

But you’re right, I shouldn’t have been as point blank.

Last edited:
I don’t know if I believe that. There was also conflicting information about Artist Point becoming a character meal and we saw how that turned out. Also when Mickey Views reported the new Epcot night shows there were plenty of naysayers “with inside sources”. I’m not saying the website that shall not be named is gospel but I don’t think anyone here knows one way or another.

But you’re right, I shouldn’t have been as point blank.
Just because someone reports something doesn’t mean they have all the details.

Mickey Views wasn’t the only one reporting new Epcot shows.

There is more to this rumor than that is shared or that can be. I don’t believe they have all the info.

I agree that on initial thoughts Zootopia doesn't really fit in well with EPCOT but with the addition of all the other IPs don't think it'd be that off. Especially if it just made for a large complex that combined the areas of Land and Seas. Would be a ways for them to keep the overall concept but update it and add in an IP that is popular now. With it covering lots of different biomes it could incorporate land and see easily.
Do agree with TheGoofster that Wreck It Ralph would make a perfect fit to EPCOT in Futureworld with its technology basis.

I agree that on initial thoughts Zootopia doesn't really fit in well with EPCOT but with the addition of all the other IPs don't think it'd be that off. Especially if it just made for a large complex that combined the areas of Land and Seas. Would be a ways for them to keep the overall concept but update it and add in an IP that is popular now. With it covering lots of different biomes it could incorporate land and see easily.
Do agree with TheGoofster that Wreck It Ralph would make a perfect fit to EPCOT in Futureworld with its technology basis.

But they would be getting rid of Nemo IP and I dont see that happening.

They would still have it in AK and could expand it there if they built an Australia area.
Could see them redo it a bit too and go full on making it more like the marine institute from Dory

Just because someone reports something doesn’t mean they have all the details.

Mickey Views wasn’t the only one reporting new Epcot shows.

There is more to this rumor than that is shared or that can be. I don’t believe they have all the info.

Never said they did. And I agree other outlets reported the Epcot shows, but MV had it first leaps and bounds before everyone else. And I do agree with you they probably don’t have all the info, but lets try and give credit where credit is due when they get some of the details right.

Never said they did. And I agree other outlets reported the Epcot shows, but MV had it first leaps and bounds before everyone else. And I do agree with you they probably don’t have all the info, but lets try and give credit where credit is due when they get some of the details right.
MV was not the first to report the possibility of an interim show at Epcot. Martin on WDWmagic was. MV did say it was a done deal though.

I always give credit when someone gets something right. Jim Hill got Frozen in Epcot first.

Not all of the details are right here. Most actually are not correct.

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/rumors...to-replace-illuminations-reflections-of-earth

Here's an idea: How about adapting it into a film/ride called "Soarin' Toward the Horizon"? Replacing the current version of Soarin', of course.
I like that concept. Makes it more interactive than what they currently have with Soarin’. I think change is needed there, a lot they can do with it.

Need to bring back a reincarnation of Horizons!

Honestly, they should do this, and also bring Imagination back to a similar attraction that it used to be....if they did, they would satisfy a LOT of the old fanbase of classic EPCOT, then they could add more IP in other places of EPCOT, and we would be more ok with it.

Honestly, they should do this, and also bring Imagination back to a similar attraction that it used to be....if they did, they would satisfy a LOT of the old fanbase of classic EPCOT, then they could add more IP in other places of EPCOT, and we would be more ok with it.
Update of Horizons would also be a throwback to what Walt’s original vision of EPCOT was. Definitely need to update Imagination while paying respect to the history of it.

I agree that Disney probably wouldn't invest in a movie that didn't do well or isn't that popular - of course they are building a new Tron roller coaster, so you never know. (I'm kind of surprised that they didn't put Tron into Epcot, it seems like it would fit the theme better). Also, you never know if someday Disney might try to remake, or add a sequel to some of their older movies - BOLT 2 for example (I doubt it, but again, you never know). Maybe Disney will really throw us a curve ball and make a Black Cauldron dark ride. :thumbsup2
You've got a point there. Tron really would've been a better fit in Future World even though technically it works in Tomorrowland. Treasure Planet and Atlantis were awful but you're also correct in the fact that Disney isn't above milking something or trying to resurge interest....also explaining Tron lol. What always gets me is that they will pull these dated lame movies out of their bums and then never make a great ride out of classics that everyone knows like Mary Poppins or even Bedknobs and Broomsticks or Chitty Chitty Bang Bang lol. In my mind, there's room for it all! I mean it IS Disney World after all! Bring on the next mountain.....WITCH mountain!!!:jester::mickeyjum

Update of Horizons would also be a throwback to what Walt’s original vision of EPCOT was. Definitely need to update Imagination while paying respect to the history of it.
I don't know why they don't just suck it up and re-do Imagination to its original glory? You know they still have all of that stuff in a warehouse somewhere. It for sure would take next to nothing to bring it back. They could even act like it was their idea and we'll all turn a blind eye:bored: and they could do it for the next big Epcot milestone for a limited time and just keep it like they did with the Big A** Hat or the hand with the wand over SE....because you know they are never going to admit they were wrong and give the public what they want. :dance3:Can you imagine the positive reaction they would get from the public? In all these years I have never heard of anyone who actually enjoys the new version of Figment. For me, they are soooo missing out on something that I think would be just as big as any Pandora or Galaxies edge, and that's of course a Yesteryear Land in one of the parks with a handful of the most beloved rides of the past. pixiedust: For me that would be World of Motion, Horizons, 20,000 Leagues and anything that's been gone a good long time...enough to really be considered nostalgic. Whenever Disney gets a bug up their butt to have to tear something down and replace it, they could replace it with another defunct ride that they didn't have room for in the original construction of the land. (See, I've got this covered...I have too much time on my hands.) :idea: Now I don't think they have to recreate them using dated tech or anything. You could have the best of both worlds, an exact replica using today's technology for better visual effect and smoother ride etc. I would never expect a 5th gate (but that would be amazeballz!!!:dogdance:) but a land like that and they would have people busting down the gates! I think enough time has passed for that to fly as well as anything new they could bring to the table.

Too bad the release of Wall-E wasn't a little closer to Disney's updating of Epcot, I think that's the most fitting IP that would fit the park

I don't know...Wall-E is pretty dystopian, or basically the opposite of what EPCOT was supposed to represent.

You've got a point there. Tron really would've been a better fit in Future World even though technically it works in Tomorrowland.

For those who may not be aware, shortly after EPCOT opened, there were plans for a TRON themed arcade to be in one of the Communicore (now Innoventions) buildings, but it was cancelled for some reason.

I'm not sure, TRON is still a bit more fantasy than possible reality to me, so in that regard it fits better in Tomorrowland, but we all know Epcot hasn't had a proper Future World in a long time, so....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter