Create sub-forum for geographically based DVC owner groups?

CarolynFH

DIS Veteran
Mods: Just wondering whether a sub-forum for all the geographically-based DVC owner groups (DMV, Tennessee, Washington State, California, etc.) might be useful and/or appreciated? It would make it easier for owners to find their groups and would improve skimming down through the Mousecellaneous forum. Obviously not a crucial issue, I'm just wondering whether it might be helpful for all of us.

Skimming down the Mousecellaneous board again and started thinking about this - maybe a DVC Community board? For the geographically based groups as well as discussions like "Who's going to be there for the 50th?"

There is not enough traffic to justify another forum. These topics fit on Mousecellaneous. This is the definition for Mouse:

DVC-Mousecellaneous
DVC congratulations (new DVC member, waitlist came thru, reservation came thru), vacation countdown, DVC rumors and speculations, DVC special events (cruises, member get-togethers, attraction previews) and other Disney/DVC related discussion not covered in other DVC Forums.

Okay, sigh. As long as the subject lines are clear that the thread is geographically related so I can skip over them easily!

As Carol said, the Mod team did discuss it, and we just didn't feel the need for a new sub-forum based on the current traffic in those threads. Many years ago, what became our Mousecellaneous Forum was originally called the DVC Community Forum, but is was not dedicated to location based threads. It went way off topic for DVC and was confused with the DIS Community Board, which is why we renamed it. We do re-evaluate our DVC Forum set up from time to time, and users are always free to make suggestions for us to look at. Thanks for your interest. :)

I understand why this has been decided against, but it's something I've long wished they'd do! This may sound daft but I like to read all the threads and have them marked as read, but with these I have to click on them and scroll through long conversations that aren't at all related to DVC, just so they don't keep showing. :-)

(Edit: At least it's not as bad as the DVC site were I can't ever get my notifications marked as read. It annoys me far more than it should. :-) )

I understand why this has been decided against, but it's something I've long wished they'd do! This may sound daft but I like to read all the threads and have them marked as read, but with these I have to click on them and scroll through long conversations that aren't at all related to DVC, just so they don't keep showing. :-)

(Edit: At least it's not as bad as the DVC site were I can't ever get my notifications marked as read. It annoys me far more than it should. :-) )

If you click on the post to the right of the thread name, it will bring you to the last pot if it’s a thread you want to show as read.

If you click on the post to the right of the thread name, it will bring you to the last pot if it’s a thread you want to show as read.

Thanks. I'm afraid I'm still with the OP that I wish they had their own section. I’ve usually clicked on the thread and read the next few posts before realising it’s not a new DVC acronym, it’s a local sports team name. :-)

Would it be possible to create a sticky which could include links to the individual threads? 536433

Is it possible to have an Ignore button added at the top of the thread? The TUG forums are built on XenForo software as well and have an Ignore button next to the Watch button.

Is it possible to have an Ignore button added at the top of the thread? The TUG forums are built on XenForo software as well and have an Ignore button next to the Watch button.
After checking with those who make this decision, our current Xenforo software does NOT include an 'Ignore" button as suggested above. There are 3rd party apps available for a fee, but such an app would control all of our forums and place a huge strain on our server to review each thread opened and each post made on the site - resulting in slow down of the boards, which is not something any of us would enjoy. A smaller site like TUG with less traffic may not suffer the same level of slow down.

Unless/until our software includes such an option in the future which will create a lesser strain on the server, it is not likely we will be able to offer an option like this here.

After checking with those who make this decision, our current Xenforo software does NOT include an 'Ignore" button as suggested above. There are 3rd party apps available for a fee, but such an app would control all of our forums and place a huge strain on our server to review each thread opened and each post made on the site - resulting in slow down of the boards, which is not something any of us would enjoy. A smaller site like TUG with less traffic may not suffer the same level of slow down.

Unless/until our software includes such an option in the future which will create a lesser strain on the server, it is not likely we will be able to offer an option like this here.
Understood. Thanks for checking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!