Creating Pixie Dust moments

Jess.stw

Mouseketeer
I tried to find a thread on this, but could only find one for Disneyland.

We had some amazing pixie dust moments back in the day--for our honeymooon 25 years ago, for a huge family trip a few years later and when we took my daughter as a toddler. We are going back in September (for the first time in forever, ha ha) to celebrate our 25th at the same resort we spent our honeymoon at and I love the idea of creating pixie dust moments for others. I would love to hear some ideas! What have others experienced or created?

I am thinking of bringing glow necklaces to give during parades or shows. Treating for meals or snacks is another idea--we are on the dining plan, though, so not sure how to work that.

I would love to create pixie dust moments for cast members too! Notes and tips for housekeeping of course, what have people done for that? Other ideas?

Would love to get some ideas!

What immediately came to my mind was to create hand made thank you cards and "tags". Cards for house keepings, etc... and tags (business card size) easily carried and handed to CMs.

Stampin' Up, Hero Arts, ETC all have great ideas for gift tags, etc that could easily be adapted.

OOOOOH! you just gave me a great idea! When doing some quarantine spring cleaning I came across a bag FULL of friendship bracelets with tags on them my kids made for a project years ago and had extras of. Would CM's be able to take those? I can put messages on the tags....they are currently blank,those little round paper tags rimmed in metal like old fashioned price tags.

You could also make then bookmark size/shape.........even if on the smaller side.....something they could use and reflect when they use it.

I make "mousekeeping" envelopes so I can leave daily tips for the housekeeping crew. I also make a point to stop at City Hall at least once per trip to leave compliments for cast members who have gone above and beyond. I think the friendship bracelets sound like a great idea if they are allowed to accept them!

We have given kids playing “ sorcerer “ at the windows in Frontierland extra cards we picked up at the fire station that morning. It’s free.
Taking photos for large groups so mom is in the picture
Little puzzle books by Dover publications (amazon or found at cracker barrel) and a golf pencil to families in line with kids that need entertained
At the resort, passed on extra unopened water and juice boxes to a new family checking in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter