Creative ways to deal with "clutter" in the resort rooms

Zip locks are very handy. We used a duffel bag for laundry but now with DVC and a washer in the room it just goes straight into the washer and run a load every night.

A soft breifcase helps with all the paper work.

Our biggest clutter problem always seems to be the paper trail, maps, menus, park guides, etc. I like to have a pocket folder, flat, fits easily into the suitcase, to sort the "to save" stuff, and keep track of where the park stuff is. One with several pockets is even better, then the pictures and memorabilia is all together for the trip home, not all over the hotel room!

kay

I bought a "Freedom" bag from QVC many years ago in a tapstry design. Cost??I can't remember, but I'm sure it wasn't that much..It is simaler to what crusoe2 has..Zippered pocket and pockets with elastic for shampoos etc. I've used it on every vacation we've had, I use it as my carryon bag, even a slot in front for my tickets and a good book for the plane ride. There is even enough room for me to bring a bathing suit, short sets & PJ's in case my luggage gets lost!
I hook the bag right on the back of the bathroom door when I arrive and it stays there the whole time. I even try to have it packed at home at all times so I don't have to keep refilling all the time & can take it on short notice.
I'll try to find a link for the bag..but you can do a search on www.qvc.com and search for Freedom bags..They have several styles and colors available.
Happy Packing!

Just checked with QVC and they do not carry the "Freedom Bag" any longer. but the freedom bag is 30.00 on www.freedombag.com thier own website. or you can call 1-800-442-8677 this is the # QVC gave me to call them. sorry about the confusing comments. I also like the shoe bag idea..sounds convient!

GO Patriots!

I use the Freedom bag, too, for every trip. I love that I can fit ALL of our supplies in one bag--and I do not pack light. I have every medicine for any ailment that could come up. It keeps everything very organized. Any little bit helps me. And great tips. I'll be using them in less than 3 months!!:bounce: :bounce: :D :bounce: :bounce:

I have the same variation on the Freedom bag. I keep it updated at all times. When I am in WDW I also have a piece of paper in the outer pocket to remind what I need to replace when I get home.

The other thing I carry is the clothes storage bags that hang in the closet - they look like accordions until you unfold them. My DS always used this for all is clothes made it easy for him to see - no draws to reassemble. This also allowed the adults the extra drawer space.

If we are going to gone 10 days or couple weeks I pack one of those black wheeled suitcases with snack. This can then be filled with souvenirs for the trip home.

A quick word of caution about those bags that hang. I have had one for two years. If you overfill them just once, the zipper rips and then it's never the same again.

I use 2 gallon zip lock bags and put each day's shirts in one and underwear/socks
in the other for our family of four--push out all the air and label day one, day two, ect..
they work great, so there is not much thinking involved and the bags work great for
dirty laundry or other stuff
i must say i wash and come home with all clean stuff however because I hate doing
laundry all the time so i just use it as an excuse to stay up late and enjoy more of my
resort--walking while waiting...

these ziplocks help you with suitcase space it is incredible the amount you can get in
using these bags.

I love the idea of the clear plastic shoe organizer things! I wonder if they would fit in the closet space on a hanger (at the All Stars)? If I hang on the outside of the bathroom door, it would block the mirror.

I bring trash bags for the dirty laundry. When a bag fills up, I just smush and put in one of the suitcases on wheels and wheel it to the laundry. I pack Tide Tablets from home with Bounce sheets and put in a ziploc bag so I won't have to pay $1 for detergent and another $1 for fabric softener.

I have one for the shower/tub: I usually get one of those white wire organizers that you hang on the shower nozzle pipe thing. The organizers hold the bar soap, shampoo, conditioner, razors, shave gel, bath gel, etc. Best of all, I get one at the dollar tree for $1 so I can afford to leave it behind.

The suitcase that I pack my food/snacks in is used to bring back all the things I buy.

Our backpack is also used to bring my DS's Disney movies for the trip there (we drive). When we arrive, he puts all the movies (I let him bring 6) in a drawer and we use the packpack until we leave and he "repacks" his movies for the trip home.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter