Credit Card charge - when?

lulu71

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
When you check in to a Disney resort and there is a balance on your room, when does Disney charge the balance to your credit card? Is it that day or at the end of your stay?

I check in on the closing date of my card and would prefer my balance to be on the next billing statement. I am arriving early in the morning, so if they charge it and process it right away it will probably show up on the current statement, which would not be my preference.

Anyone know or have had any experience with this? Thanks--you guys are great!!!

Hi Lulu,

On our last trip, the balance due was put on my credit card and charged on the day we checked in.

As far as any additional charges to my room, those were accumulated until we hit $1500. then the charge was put through.

To follow up on the previous post, I have read that the "trigger" amount for charging your credit card depends on the resort, $500 for value, $1000 for moderate, and $1500 for deluxe. Of course these amounts may change.

When we were there last month, I thought they had charged our card for our room when we checked in. Then the CM told us we had $1500 that we could charge back to the room. We did not even get close to charging $1500. When I got home, ten days later, I checked the account and was really surprised to see that the room charge had not made it to my account until after we checked out, at the same time the incidental charges appeared. I cannot imagine why they would do that. A fluke maybe? You would think they would want to expedite getting that money. They seem to "reserve" the charges on the card , but not put them through until later. My initial room deposits with Disney also seem to take longer than you would expect to show up on the account. Longer than most other merchant accounts I have ever dealt with and boy, is that a whole bunch of merchant accounts!

Thanks for all of your advice. I plan to use my American Express -- due in full at the end of the month -- so you can imagine why I'd be concerned. I guess I'll take my chances and hope for the best. I sure would like to have another month to pay, though!

I know someone who was there two weeks, and when she got home, the hotel charge was on the bill waiting for her in the mailbox.

For most cards, the post date (the date the charge is posted to your account) is 1-2 days behind the transaction date (the date you made the charge). I would call your credit card and ask them what their policy is regarding this. I have found that if the post date is after the statement closing date (even if I made the transaction on or before the closing date) I won't get billed until the next month. Hope I didn't confuse you...

I was told by a CM yesterday that I would be charged upon checking in. But I agree with the info above that the credit card company might not post it on that date.

Good luck!

Originally posted by lulu71
When you check in to a Disney resort and there is a balance on your room, when does Disney charge the balance to your credit card? Is it that day or at the end of your stay?

I check in on the closing date of my card and would prefer my balance to be on the next billing statement. I am arriving early in the morning, so if they charge it and process it right away it will probably show up on the current statement, which would not be my preference.

Anyone know or have had any experience with this? Thanks--you guys are great!!!

We just came back from a trip to the AKL Concierge on Feb 6th. Our remaining room balance was charged on Feb 1st when we checked in. The Sunrise Safari was charged on the day we took the safari Feb 4th. The rest of our room charges were charged on our checkout day Feb 6th.

If you're using AMEX you might want to look into using "sign and travel" You have to arrange for it before you leave for your trip. You just call customer service at AMEX and tell them that you're going on vacation and how much you think you will be charging. All your travel expenses will be put in a seperate section of your bill and you can pay them over time. I think you have like 50 months to pay the balance but I always pay it off as soon as I can so I can charge another trip on it.;)

I'm actually keeping my fingers crossed that it will post the next day. Tay n Evie's Mom..you didn't confuse me at all. I also think that Disney doesn't fool around with getting those transactions sent to the Credit Card companies, so I wouldn't be suprised either way! Thanks, Figment, for the Sign and Travel suggestion! That is definitely an option, and have used it once in the past after the fact, so if worse comes to worst, I can fall back on that. I just hate the "D word: -- debt!

I very much appreciate all of your suggestions! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter