Credit Card

sippican

DIS Veteran
I am a little confused about making reservations for a TDR hotel online. I've read that you need to use a special credit card, that appears to only be issued by a specific bank. Is that correct? Is it easier to book by phone?

I think you might be reading outdated information. There was a period of time when they would only allow MC for foreign bookings, but now they take most overseas credit cards.

The reason for it was likely due to security concerns - there are a number of entertainment & ticketing websites that don't accept foreign CCs due to a high rate of fraud and/or unwarranted chargebacks. I suppose OLC figured out how to handle it.

Phone reservations don't open until a month after online reservations do, so it's not the best idea to wait.

I think you might be reading outdated information. There was a period of time when they would only allow MC for foreign bookings, but now they take most overseas credit cards.

The reason for it was likely due to security concerns - there are a number of entertainment & ticketing websites that don't accept foreign CCs due to a high rate of fraud and/or unwarranted chargebacks. I suppose OLC figured out how to handle it.

Phone reservations don't open until a month after online reservations do, so it's not the best idea to wait.

That's what I had understood as well, but reading the TDR Explorer infomation made me believe otherwise.
Thanks!

We made reservation about 6 months ago with one of our Visa cards and had no issues with a hotel reservation. I am pretty sure it was the Disney Visa, but it may have been the Marriott one. Both are issued by Chase bank.

I did have difficulty when I attempted to buy park tickets directly from the Tokyo Disney site so we have decided just to get them in Japan.

We made reservation about 6 months ago with one of our Visa cards and had no issues with a hotel reservation. I am pretty sure it was the Disney Visa, but it may have been the Marriott one. Both are issued by Chase bank.

I did have difficulty when I attempted to buy park tickets directly from the Tokyo Disney site so we have decided just to get them in Japan.

Thank you!
I had read somewhere else about making sure the card was "verified" but I have no idea what they meant. We no longer have our Disney VISA but we do have a Chase Sapphire, so I'll try that one.

Thank you!
I had read somewhere else about making sure the card was "verified" but I have no idea what they meant. We no longer have our Disney VISA but we do have a Chase Sapphire, so I'll try that one.

Verified is something offered by Mastercard and Visa under their own names where they may ask you additional security questions at the time of booking to confirm it is you that is using the card. Registering means that you contact your bank and confirm you are enrolled in that so that the company you buy from can use it to validate your booking.

I booked last June online for the Disney Celebration Hotel Discover and had no issues. I used a canadian Mastercard and I did get the Verified screen and it was accepted. Same when I bought previously plane tickets around the world in foreign countries.

Verified is something offered by Mastercard and Visa under their own names where they may ask you additional security questions at the time of booking to confirm it is you that is using the card. Registering means that you contact your bank and confirm you are enrolled in that so that the company you buy from can use it to validate your booking.

I booked last June online for the Disney Celebration Hotel Discover and had no issues. I used a canadian Mastercard and I did get the Verified screen and it was accepted. Same when I bought previously plane tickets around the world in foreign countries.

Very helpful!

Update. My credit card was initially refused and I got a message to contact VISA (I had called them prior and they supposedly put a note on our account - not!).
After speaking with VISA and getting "verified" I had to go back into the reservation system and begin again. It went through like a breeze the second time. Tip - be sure to register on the Tokyo Disney reservation site prior to your booking window if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!