Crescent Lake Dinner Crawl

Minnie2114

Earning My Ears
I am avoiding dinner ADRs for our upcoming adults only early December trip, as I will be 19 weeks pregnant and unsure of how tired I'll be at the end of the day.

For one of the nights, I am thinking of doing a dinner crawl around the Crescent Lake resorts (if I'm up for it!). I see a lot on a monorail crawl (which I am planning for another night, hopefully), but not so much on these resorts. Can anyone provide any tips?

Are you on the dining plan? If not, I would recommend checking out some of the lounges in the area. bluezoo at the Dolphin has a great lounge with really good food. Crew's Cup and Ale&Compass lounge also have nice menus. If you like ice cream, I would end the crawl at Ample Hills on the Boardwalk or Boardwalk Bakery for cupcakes/cakes, etc.

We haven't been to any of the bars/restaurants at Swan & Dolphin, but they generally get good reviews. Signature restaurants around Crescent Lake include Yachtsman and Flying Fish, which are viewed as two of the better Disney restaurants. Flying Fish has a lounge, Yachtsman doesn't, although it is connected to Crew's Cup Lounge. ESPN Club and Big River Grille are on the Boardwalk side. ESPN Club is what it is--decent drink selection and pub food but can be difficult to get a seat. Haven't been to Big River. Yacht/Beach Club also has Ale & Compass Lounge and Ale & Compass Restaurant, Beaches & Cream, and Hurricane Hannah's (the pool bar). If it were me I might consider starting at ESPN Club or Big River, then Flying Fish Lounge (no food though), maybe head over to Todd English's lounge at Dolphin, and finish up at Crew's Cup and/or Ale & Compass.

Awesome idea! I went several years ago when I was about 4 months pregnant and we did something similar around Downtown Disney at a the time instead of having a reservation (heck I don't think we had any reservations that trip).

As others have suggested The Swan and Dolphin has a lot of great options. My hubby and I (sans being pregnant) did our own mini crawl through there a few years ago when the weather was bad and wouldn't allow otherwise. We hit up the lounges in Shula's, Il Mulino, and Blue Zoo and had a great time sharing an appetizer or two at each.

If you aren't too tired to get beyond one hotel, Flying Fish is another good choice as it has a nice bar you can order food at (we also did this on my pregnancy trip) and amazing seafood. Crews Cup over at Yacht Club is another fun choice, though it can get crowded.

Awesome idea! I went several years ago when I was about 4 months pregnant and we did something similar around Downtown Disney at a the time instead of having a reservation (heck I don't think we had any reservations that trip).

As others have suggested The Swan and Dolphin has a lot of great options. My hubby and I (sans being pregnant) did our own mini crawl through there a few years ago when the weather was bad and wouldn't allow otherwise. We hit up the lounges in Shula's, Il Mulino, and Blue Zoo and had a great time sharing an appetizer or two at each.

If you aren't too tired to get beyond one hotel, Flying Fish is another good choice as it has a nice bar you can order food at (we also did this on my pregnancy trip) and amazing seafood. Crews Cup over at Yacht Club is another fun choice, though it can get crowded.

Question. Haven't tried Flying Fish lounge, and the online menu shows drinks only, but it sounds like you ordered food. Did you order from the full restaurant menu?

Question. Haven't tried Flying Fish lounge, and the online menu shows drinks only, but it sounds like you ordered food. Did you order from the full restaurant menu?

Yes, you can order food from the bar inside the restaurant. I'm not sure what they mean by the "lounge" but I presume maybe this is Abracadabar which is next door and you can just order drinks there. There is a separate bar inside that you can eat off the regular menu at.

Yes, you can order food from the bar inside the restaurant. I'm not sure what they mean by the "lounge" but I presume maybe this is Abracadabar which is next door and you can just order drinks there. There is a separate bar inside that you can eat off the regular menu at.
Don't want to get too far off-topic, but do you need reservations for the bar?

DH & I are planning one for our next trip (w/ beer/wine though). We plan on hitting some combo of Phins (Swan/Dolphin), Abracadar (BW) & either Crew's Cup/Ale & Compass Lounge (YC) & maybe Big River Grille (BW) if one of the above is really crowded. Enjoy planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter