• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cribs

gabiniko

Earning My Ears
Do Disney hotels have regular cribs or pack in play? We are going in July with 7 month old and staying at Port Orleans?

I have heard there are both at most resorts. You might want to call ahead and ask. I am going to clean down our playpack when they deliver it to our room.

I know WL has pack n play. I have to say I didn't mind, they take up a lot less room.

Welcome to the DIS.

When we stayed at Dixie Landings, they had a real crib, made of metal. You can get one on request.

Pooh & Piglet,
I made ressies for POR recently and asked for a crib. It says "crib requested, not full-size" on the confirmation I received in the mail. I assume this means I'm getting a Pack N Play. How would you rate the metal crib as far as its sturdiness and safety, etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Dawn
NJ

At the DVC resorts, the Pack & Plays come standard in the rooms (no need to request). I don't know about the other resorts, but at BWV, housekeeping did *not* have fitted sheets for the P&P, and recommended that we wrap a queen sized sheet around the mattress. I found that ironic, considering the poster about crib safety in the closet where the P&P was stored.

For our next trip, we will be bringing our own sheets for the P&P. Also, I have requested a regular crib for my SIL's son. The DVC confirmation sheet says "crib requested." It will be interesting to see what we get.

--Kathy

The metal crib was sturdy. Our only concern at the time was we were afraid our DD would jump up and down and whack her head on the bars. :( Thankfully that didn't happen. I prefer the Pack & Play because the mesh is less likely to cause an injury than the bars.

Also, as with the Pack & Plays, the crib didn't have a fitted sheet. :mad:

I'm almost certain I will be provided with a P&P at POR. I always bring 2 sheets for the P&P wherever I travel after having the same experience as KathyK when we stayed at the Wyndham Palace last year!

Dawn
NJ

We had a wooden crib at the Poly. We brought crib sheets, but they provided real crib sheets as well.

We did the cruise afterward, and they had p & p. I really prefer the crib tho.

We stay at the BWV when we go and we asked for a full size crib and the metal one we received was aweful. I wouldn't put her in it. It was too rickety. But they did give us linens for it.

We have a 10 month old, and reservations at Old Key West. Do I understand that we need not request a crib? It will just be in the room?

Originally posted by waltandjulie
We have a 10 month old, and reservations at Old Key West. Do I understand that we need not request a crib? It will just be in the room?

Yes, at OKW, there will be a P&P in the closet. You may want to bring your own fitted sheets.

HTH

--Kathy

A couple years ago we had a metal crib at the Beach Club, one of the bars was slightly bent, it had a bumper pad in it, but the sheet was just a queen size wrapped around the mattress. On that same trip we stayed at the Courtyard by Downtown Disney and got and identical crib minus the bumper pad, right down to the queen sheet on it. Sad that a place that is so family oriented cannot have safe crib sheets. I also saw some pack N plays stacked up in a corner area at the Beach Club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter