Cricut makers

rella's fan

DIS Veteran
Looking for opinions for a Christmas gift for my daughter who is very crafty. I know nothing about them, just wondering if they are worth the expense and also where I might be able to find a deal on one, or should I be waiting for Black Friday?

I work for a large retailer that sells them. Cricut is having a really really hard time getting these. ( I have a list of people who have rain checks from our last sale) Any other year I would say yes Black Friday is the best time to get one. But this year it’s hard to say.
I have a maker I love it but I’m super crafty. It really depends on what you want to make .

I adore my Cricut Explore Air 2. I have made so many paper things for my grandkids. I made a huge Hallowe'en wall with black trees, bats, pumpkins, haunted houses, etc.

I made a scrabble style display on my basement wall interlocking the letters of the grandkids names.

I've made many banners, little appliques on onesies, etc. etc.

If I need a quick craft for the littles, it is simple to cut out some shapes(like ghosts, pumpkins), affix them to a piece of craft paper and have them paint around them with bingo dabbers to make some really cute pictures. My littles also love just to play with a bunch of little shapes (like ghosts) that I print out in different sizes.

It has been well worth the money. I got mine at Michaels when they were on sale.

Last edited:

This is going to be my gift to myself once I am completed my college courses!!!! I have been looking at one for years, and finally have the time to create things again!

So I will be following this thread to hopefully gain some information :flower:

I have a maker and really enjoy it... There are actually a fairly large number of materials that can be cut (paper, fabric, iron on and vinyl materials, other materials like wood veneers, stamp materials, etc...), drawn on (pens, markers, heat transfer markers, etching tool, foil tools, embossing tools, etc...) and more.

If your daughter does paper crafts, sewing/quilting, or making tee shirts or decor items it would likely be a great gift for them. The software is really easy to use and can be accessed on pc or tablet (phone I think too... but I don't use that) so it's really versatile.

I keep watching youtube videos on them...and now I really really want one!!!! This is truly a want item...definitely not a need item. But man...I would have soooo much fun creating with this!!!!!

Check out the Cricut Joy!! So cute, and does amazing pantry labels, iron on transfers, etc Its tiny and portable. Hopeful to get one on Black Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!