Cricut. What do you use yours for?

momz

DIS Veteran
I want to make decals for our motorcycle helmets. Can a cricut machine do this? Is there a different machine that is better?

I could use one. Don't have one. We have a business and we need the phone number on the back of the van. So expensive to have someone else do it. I know you can do numbers and letters.

I use it in the box, which makes a great shelf for some stuff I have on a shelf in the garage LOL.
You could definitely do that with a cricut, but not sure how well they would stay adhered if they were exposed to rain and the elements if used alot. When I used mine it was for inside projects.

Yes, you can do that with a Cricut. You’ll need the vinyl and transfer tape. You would need 651 vinyl which is permanent and graded for outdoor use.

Yes!! I use it for everything. Party decorations, heat press vinyl to make shirts, permanent vinyl for car window stickers or outdoor decorations (signs, corn hole board, etc), I use the 631 for indoor wall decorations, I Harry Pottered my 10 year old's room for her, gifts, all kinds of things. I have saved so much money making my own party decorations and cake toppers it was worth it for that alone! The kids use it to cut things out for school projects, letters for poster boards, shapes, etc

I use it in the box, which makes a great shelf for some stuff I have on a shelf in the garage LOL.
You could definitely do that with a cricut, but not sure how well they would stay adhered if they were exposed to rain and the elements if used alot. When I used mine it was for inside projects.

:rotfl:I use mine to take up space and collect dust in a corner of my bedroom. I always have such grand plans for what I want to do with and then end up buying whatever I wanted. :confused3:laughing:

I use mine for scrapbooking and my daughter uses it for school projects sometimes. Mine is 9 years old now so an older model.

Yes, you can cut vinyl with the Cricut. As others have said, buy the outdoor permanent vinyl (if you want it to stay) and transfer tape. You'll also want to buy a tool or two to remove the excess vinyl around your design/lettering. I just made 24 vinyl decals which I applied to dollar store water bottles for door prizes for an event.

I have a friend who absolutely loves hers, is making stuff all the time. She even does decals and stuff for people to make a little extra money.

I used to use mine a ton for scrapbooking. Lately, I've been too busy to fit much of that in, but it does still get used for the occasional page or card, and DS cuts letters when he has to do posters for school.

My only concern with helmets would be putting a flat shape on a curved surface without wrinkling it.

I love my cricut!

I addressed all of DD’s save the dates, the invites, and all the table assignments for the wedding.

I am also a card maker. I use it for cards. (Both for writing and the various objects that can be put on cards.

I did a little bit of vinyl, one time. (The labels for juice carafes for the mimosa bar at DDs bridal shower). That project was “meh”in my opinion, but I do not do well under pressure with my cricu:)

I sew costumes, so i use a die-cut machine (mine is a Silhouette) to make fabric appliques and rhinestone patterns.

If you think you might want to do rhinestones, go with Silhouette, as the Cricut software doesn't do them. (What I mean is that the software analyzes the image, converts it to size, and tells me how many stones of each size and color I will need to create it. I can then cut it as a transfer template, or just use it as a purchasing guide for the stones, which is a big money-saver.)

I sew costumes, so i use a die-cut machine (mine is a Silhouette) to make fabric appliques and rhinestone patterns.

If you think you might want to do rhinestones, go with Silhouette, as the Cricut software doesn't do them. (What I mean is that the software analyzes the image, converts it to size, and tells me how many stones of each size and color I will need to create it. I can then cut it as a transfer template, or just use it as a purchasing guide for the stones, which is a big money-saver.)
Good to know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter