Criminal Minds: DIS Official Thread 2 (Spoilers)

Hi All! I finally found a decent site to express my craziness on, LOL. I don't know anyone who like CM!

I watched the most recent episode today. Is this an indication that Reid will be missing from a few episodes do you think? Does he have a prior commitment?

I was actually wondering why the show was spending so much time on the Mother/Son aspect here, and now I understand it was to set up for this story line... I hope anyway, because it was getting boring imo.

Is this an indication that Reid will be missing from a few episodes do you think? Does he have a prior commitment?

I was actually wondering why the show was spending so much time on the Mother/Son aspect here, and now I understand it was to set up for this story line...

Matthew Gray Gubler has it in his contract, since last season, that he gets a few episodes off. That's why he was missing last season for a few episodes, also dealing with his mom, and why Shemar took so long to leave the show. Shemar was supposed to leave earlier in the season, but with AJ Cook out on maternity leave and Jennifer Love Hewitt leaving the show, then MGG off for a few weeks, it was too much of a revolving door, with too many team members gone.

I hope they resolve the mom issue soon. It's tedious. Part of the problem (for me) is that my sister has Alzheimer's, so I deal enough with it in real time without watching it on t.v.

Question. Since the doctor dispensing the experimental meds had an office in Houston, why did Reid have to keep going across the border to get them? Now that the Mexican law enforcement has analyzed the drug, maybe Reid can start making it himself -- once he gets exonerated, of course.

I like Criminal Minds, I really do. But this last episode (with Reid being arrested in Mexico) annoyed the heck out of me. I realize tv doesn't have to be realistic, but when the whole team is able to stop whatever they're doing to work on what is essentially a civil matter is just totally unrealistic. Five of them (plus the pilot) fly to Mexico on the private jet, and whatever other expenses they incur (hotel, car, meals) - it's all being charged to us taxpayers? Because Reid, on his own time, decided to buy illegal drugs for his mom? I was happy that the FBI legal services is not available to Reid, it shouldn't be.

I like Criminal Minds, I really do. But this last episode (with Reid being arrested in Mexico) annoyed the heck out of me. I realize tv doesn't have to be realistic, but when the whole team is able to stop whatever they're doing to work on what is essentially a civil matter is just totally unrealistic. Five of them (plus the pilot) fly to Mexico on the private jet, and whatever other expenses they incur (hotel, car, meals) - it's all being charged to us taxpayers? Because Reid, on his own time, decided to buy illegal drugs for his mom? I was happy that the FBI legal services is not available to Reid, it shouldn't be.

This is exactly why my husband doesn't watch TV with me, LOL!!!!! I totally get the realistic aspect, but I try not to analyze it, because it is too far fetched (you're right!)

Yes, this totally different than when Morgan got arrested and the Team went to Chicago. Reid actually did buy the drugs. :sad2:

Yes, this totally different than when Morgan got arrested and the Team went to Chicago. Reid actually did buy the drugs. :sad2:

I don't remember that episode. Did the team use their resources for a personal matter for Morgan?

The Mexican officials said there was nothing illegal in the drugs; they just hadn't been approved by the FDA. Reid was arrested for the murder of the doctor.

The Mexican officials said there was nothing illegal in the drugs; they just hadn't been approved by the FDA. Reid was arrested for the murder of the doctor.

I have to DVR the show, instead of watching in real time with everyone, as I used to. I'm behind on episodes and I hadn't finished watching this whole Reid/Mom storyline as it was turning ridiculous. :rolleyes: I wondered whether it's worth watching at all. Reid DID get arrested for drug possession with intent to distribute. His being arrested for the new charges of murder comes later.

Even with the new details, it still doesn't sound like I will be finishing this storyline with Reid. :rolleyes: The writing has gone way downhill. The show has hit an all time low in the ratings. Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, is slated to come back at the beginning of March, but CBS hasn't been promoting the spin-off much, if at all, as they are depending on CM as it's lead in show. I have to wonder if CM:BB is going to be put on the back burner. CBS doesn't need TWO shows tanking in the ratings.

Last edited:
I have to also voice my disappointment in this particular story arc. I think the idea that Reid would move his schizophrenic, dementia-ridden mom in with him is, on its face, ridiculous. He lives alone and travels extensively--anyone could see she'd be better off in a quality facility with round-the-clock care. And I thought this experimental drug wasn't actually working for her in her last facility--why is he risking his career to travel to Mexico to obtain it? Why is a doctor with dual citizenship requiring him to cross the border to get it? And why is the whole team so quick to say "Reid would never do this?" when he is, in fact, a recovering addict? I just think the whole story arc is poorly conceived. And sadly, it' was written in part by Kirsten Vargness (apologies if I spelled her name wrong).

I'm teaching on Wed nites now and have to DVR the show, instead of watching in real time with everyone, as I used to. I'm behind on episodes and I hadn't finished watching this whole Reid/Mom storyline as it was turning ridiculous. :rolleyes: I wondered whether it's worth watching at all. Reid DID get arrested for drug possession with intent to distribute. His being arrested for the new charges of murder comes later.

Even with the new details, it still doesn't sound like I will be finishing this storyline with Reid. :rolleyes: The writing has gone way downhill. The show has hit an all time low in the ratings. Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, is slated to come back at the beginning of March, but CBS hasn't been promoting the spin-off much, if at all, as they are depending on CM as it's lead in show. I have to wonder if CM:BB is going to be put on the back burner. CBS doesn't need TWO shows tanking in the ratings.

Speaking of Beyond Borders, two of their actors appeared in last week's Criminal Minds to help Reid. CBS also had a "crossover" episode with NCIS and NCIS New Orleans last week. Wonder how much the guest appearances help the ratings.

Speaking of Beyond Borders, two of their actors appeared in last week's Criminal Minds to help Reid. CBS also had a "crossover" episode with NCIS and NCIS New Orleans last week. Wonder how much the guest appearances help the ratings.

Beyond Borders starts up again March 1st.

yes last weeks episode was crazy the shoes that Reid had on looked like the shoes I have seen MGG wear in real life at an event. Did he even get into the tv clothes at all it looked like he just left his house got to set the fixed his hair that was it, i liked it.

I have to also voice my disappointment in this particular story arc. I think the idea that Reid would move his schizophrenic, dementia-ridden mom in with him is, on its face, ridiculous. He lives alone and travels extensively--anyone could see she'd be better off in a quality facility with round-the-clock care. And I thought this experimental drug wasn't actually working for her in her last facility--why is he risking his career to travel to Mexico to obtain it? Why is a doctor with dual citizenship requiring him to cross the border to get it? And why is the whole team so quick to say "Reid would never do this?" when he is, in fact, a recovering addict? I just think the whole story arc is poorly conceived. And sadly, it' was written in part by Kirsten Vargness (apologies if I spelled her name wrong).

I completely agree with you. But Reid still believes his childhood delusions that he's smart enough to cure his mom.

sailorstitch

It's been announced that Shemar Moore (Morgan) will be starring and producing a new pilot (hopefully series) slated for CBS. It's a remake of the original old 70's TV show S.W.A.T., and the remake of that series with the 2003 movie, S.W.A.T., with Samuel L. Jackson & Colin Farrell. Shemar will be playing the "Hondo" character, the head lieutenant of the S.W.A.T. team. (So "Morgan" gets to head a team after all. ;) :thumbsup2 )

http://tvline.com/2017/02/28/shemar-moore-swat-pilot-cbs/

It's been announced that Shemar Moore (Morgan) will be starring and producing a new pilot (hopefully series) slated for CBS. It's a remake of the original old 70's TV show S.W.A.T., and the remake of that series with the 2003 movie, S.W.A.T., with Samuel L. Jackson & Colin Farrell. Shemar will be playing the "Hondo" character, the head lieutenant of the S.W.A.T. team. (So "Morgan" gets to head a team after all. ;) :thumbsup2 )

http://tvline.com/2017/02/28/shemar-moore-swat-pilot-cbs/

Looking forward to seeing Shemar Moore in another show. But sheesh. Don't these producers ever have an original idea any more? Are the new ideas officially used up?

Looking forward to seeing Shemar Moore in another show. But sheesh. Don't these producers ever have an original idea any more? Are the new ideas officially used up?

I feel the same way. :headache: I wonder if it's how English lit and Drama/Screenwriting 101 are taught nowadays? That everything is boiled down to 5 (or so) basic formulas, i.e., "Boy meets Girl," "Unsub commits crime, then is chased by cops/FBI," etc., and then writers can't think outside of those boxes to come up with anything original BECAUSE they've been taught there are formulas and it therefore deadens creativity. :badpc:

Last edited:
As for the spin-off, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, it never was officially on the CBS spring schedule. It was JUST put on a few days ago, slated to return for it's second season on Mar 8, after prissy Katherine Heigl's latest and hopefully last TV series spectacularly BOMBED in only 2 episodes. :p Beyond Borders has been put in that time slot as a last minute replacement. That doesn't bode well for that show when was on the back burner for an already bad show. :headache:

http://tvline.com/2017/02/24/doubt-cancelled-cbs-katherine-heigl-criminal-minds-beyond-borders/

Last edited:
As for the spin-off, Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders, it never was officially on the CBS spring schedule. It was JUST put on a few days ago, slated to return for it's second season on Mar 8, after prissy Katherine Heigl's latest and hopefully last TV series spectacularly BOMBED in only 2 episodes. :p Beyond Borders has been put in that time slot as a last minute replacement. that doesn't bode well that show when was on the back burner for an already bad show. :headache:

http://tvline.com/2017/02/24/doubt-cancelled-cbs-katherine-heigl-criminal-minds-beyond-borders/

I watched Heigl's new show and didn't really care for it. That's a shame too. I like a good law drama.

I wasn't thrilled with Beyond Borders. But I like Gary Sinese. So I'll watch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter