Criminal Minds: DIS Official Thread 2 (Spoilers)

YAY! :worship: Reid's finally out of prison and they can end this ridiculous storyline. :yay: :woohoo::dance3::cheer2:

And Morgan's coming back next week to help :thumbsup2

tumblr_opepiyE0lx1u67mxlo1_540.gif

tumblr_opepiyE0lx1u67mxlo3_540.gif

tumblr_opepiyE0lx1u67mxlo2_540.gif

tumblr_opepiyE0lx1u67mxlo4_540.gif

tumblr_opepiyE0lx1u67mxlo5_540.gif

I'm not too surprised about the cancellation. It seemed every episode would always have the police from the country not want to work with the team and then by the end they would apologize and say thank you.

I'm not too surprised about the cancellation. It seemed every episode would always have the police from the country not want to work with the team and then by the end they would apologize and say thank you.
You're so right! But dang, I sure like Gary Sinese and would have kept watching regardless.

Are any of you watching Manhunt: Unibomber, on the Discovery Channel and want to discuss it? Tonight is Part 5 of an 8 part series. (One can find the first 4 parts On Demand.)

It seems to be pretty good so far, though some parts I think are annoying. What I think is good is that instead of the usual dry formula for true crime stories, where there is a narrator telling about the events and then they show snips of melodramatic reenactments by actors obviously portraying the real people, this series is done in the style of a super-long Criminal Minds episode. And since they know anyone who's been around for the last 30 years & socially aware, loosely knows of the Unibomber and how he was caught. (There's even a reference to this in Good Will Hunting.) So this show isn't playing this like a whodunit mystery. Anyone can Wiki the full history. And, it's not a biography of Ted Kaczynski. Instead, they use flashbacks to the last couple years of the 17 year FBI manhunt instead of the whole story.

The show is presented through one agent's point of view: "Fitz." He's the new, very green agent to the case. He's very much a "Reid" type of character. He's in the process of creating a new process of profiling, calling it "Forensic linguistics." It's incredible how much they disparage and dismiss his work and attempts. :eek: Since the show is shown through his point of view, it's hard to know how much of that was real, and how much was his perception.

Although, Wiki says, John Douglas, who created behavioral profiling and started the Behavioral Science Unit, as it was known then, (and CM creators have confirmed Douglas was the basis for Gideon & Rossi's characters,) says, "At the time of criminal profiling's conception, Douglas claimed to have been doubted and criticized by his own colleagues until both police and the FBI realized that he had developed an extremely useful tool for the capture of criminals." So maybe Fitz really was demeaned that much. Douglas actually DID get the original profile right for the Unibomber :thumbsup2 but it was replaced with a different, traditional profile that went on the physical evidence instead of behavior.

And the two bozo agents who are continually disparaging Fitz and got a subsequent profile wrong, that they went with for 13 years before Fitz was brought in on the case, are really annoying with their bad, one note acting. :headache: They remind me of the two FBI agents in Die Hard, Agent Johnson & Special Agent Johnson. :clown: :hippie: Again, it's hard to know if it's just Fitz' point of view or they really were that bad, as they did get the profile wrong, yet kept insisting they were right.

Still, I think I will watch the whole series. popcorn::

Last edited:
My CM thread notifications aren't working right. So I missed this post. :headache:

It would be nice to see Morgan back every once in a while, if they use him for more than a 2 minute appearance. :thumbsup2

S.W.A.T. is scheduled to be on Thurs nites at 10 pm, (across from heavy hitters, Chicago Fire on NBC and ABC’s How to Get Away With Murder. :headache: ) So he's not after or before CM, to confuse some viewers who might be expecting him to be the same character.

Here he is in his new character & police uniform:

swat-preview-shemar-moore.jpg

Here is a preview of S.W.A.T.:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!