Criminals in the TSA

Melisande

Mouseketeer
No I am not a spiteful little brat. I promise you. I am just one of your random TSA haters. There are many of us out there. We are all tired of it. Did you know though that the TSA does not always fire officers once they are convicted of a crime? I think this scares and upsets me more than anything else the TSA does. Criminals working security in our airports.

Then add in the fact that yes once you are hired you must be clean financially. If you go bad once you are working they do not seem to care. You are apparently just another warm body. That makes me worry if these people will steal or take bribes.

I think as much as I hate it, I would rather have the military do our airports than these little hate filled people. I understand it sucks to work with the public. Sorry thats the only way to put it. Hope the PG13 word upsets no one. They are angry about other things too I suspect and they bring it onto the floor. I for one am tired of it. I think we need to clean them up if we are going to keep them. Start with anger management and sensitivity training for all officers. Some of them clearly need it.

Interestingly I met the sweetest batch of TSA officers in Cincinnati of all places. Is there Xanax in their water cooler cause they were just too wonderful. LOL.

I think as much as I hate it, I would rather have the military do our airports than these little hate filled people. I understand it sucks to work with the public. Sorry thats the only way to put it. Hope the PG13 word upsets no one. They are angry about other things too I suspect and they bring it onto the floor. I for one am tired of it. I think we need to clean them up if we are going to keep them. Start with anger management and sensitivity training for all officers. Some of them clearly need it.

Interestingly I met the sweetest batch of TSA officers in Cincinnati of all places. Is there Xanax in their water cooler cause they were just too wonderful. LOL.

The military has murderers, rapists and thiefs too. I do not think you can find any large organization that does not have bad apples.

So that might not be the answer.

When they hired people initially to start the TSA, they hired so many people at one time that they were running 12-18 months behind on background checks. Think about that.

There were many people who were hired, for what are essentially national security positions, who had never held a job outside of fast food establishment. In fact there were entire fast food restaurants that suffered the loss of all their employees in Chicagoland, because all their employees were hired. My personal favorite was when they were made supervisors (because they were shift leaders at a restaurant) over people with 20 years military experience.

Also persons who have defaulted on federal student loans are supposed to be ineligible for federal employment, the TSA also has a good number of them floating around.

I could go on, but you get the point. The previous private screeners may have been mostly low paid immigrants, however at least they were able to speak and understand other languages to recognize a threat at the security check point. How many of the current TSA screeners do you think have any foreign language skills? The whole thing is a cluster.

Links to verify these claims? :confused3

I am assuming you are referencing my post. The internet is not exactly the bastion of competent research, and I don't hang out on conspiracy sites so I have no links to provide to you.

If you want to see details I suggest you being with the year 2000 and start researching documents issued by the Government Accountability Office and Congressional Reports that relate to the TSA. Even the information that is available to you without a security clearance, will give you pause. Most of the information will not be available online, and you will have to request the documents at a brick and mortar library, depending on where you live you may need to visit a research library.

No I am not a spiteful little brat. I promise you. I am just one of your random TSA haters. There are many of us out there. We are all tired of it. Did you know though that the TSA does not always fire officers once they are convicted of a crime? I think this scares and upsets me more than anything else the TSA does. Criminals working security in our airports.

Then add in the fact that yes once you are hired you must be clean financially. If you go bad once you are working they do not seem to care. You are apparently just another warm body. That makes me worry if these people will steal or take bribes.

I just looked on the TSA site and you are banned from working as a TSA agent for most felonies.

Not sure what you are getting at here?

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/layers/twic/twic_faqs.shtm#disqualifying_offenses

There are no hate filled people in the Military? there are no military personnel dealing with trauma and other issues especially now?

Can I tell you my stories of hate filled racist police officers that have abused their authority time and time again and never seem to get fired.

How about all those catholic priest who were just let go in Philadelphia Yesterday? for abusing children, last time I looked, child molestation is still a crime? How come you don't seem upset about that?

Do you have some credible proof that whomever you are accusing is a criminal? If you do have you contacted the authorities and your elected officials or is this another "I hate the new procedures" so instead of contacting the people who actually have the authority to make decisions, you paint the entire low level worker with the same brush?

Can I talk to your coworkers? I wonder how many of them would say you never have a bad day?

how often to do you fly? is it enough to make a statisically good judgement?

So as far as I can see, pretty much you're just as bad as the TSA agents you claim to hate. You're having a bad day and decide to bring the ugliness here.

Pot meet kettle.

I am much more concerned that all that is needed to be in the TSA is a GED. These people are supposed to be our best line of defense against attacks in our airports. Personally I like the way Israel handles it but in the very least I would much rather they hire people with degrees in psychology to watch all of the passengers and profile their actions as opposed to a lot of under-trained stooges who perform security theater on a daily basis. Ideally every TSA agent should be that qualified but I'd settle for a certain % at each security check point.

I'd also love for them to apply policy consistently at all the airports but that might be a bit to pie in the sky.

I've had wonderful interactions with the TSA every time I've flown into the US. They were polite and professional and friendly.

Now HOMELAND SECURITY - they're some REALLY grumpy people! Last time we got pulled over by them at the border, I felt like I'd walked into a bit from Orwell's 1984. ;)

I've had wonderful interactions with the TSA every time I've flown into the US. They were polite and professional and friendly.

Now HOMELAND SECURITY - they're some REALLY grumpy people! Last time we got pulled over by them at the border, I felt like I'd walked into a bit from Orwell's 1984. ;)

:rotfl:

You wanna talk grumpy? Try the subway clerks in NYC. In the summer. At rush hour!! Man, buying a metro card especially if there is a kiosk nearby is taking your life into your hands. Don't even think about asking for directions!

:rotfl:

You wanna talk grumpy? Try the subway clerks in NYC. In the summer. At rush hour!! Man, buying a metro card especially if there is a kiosk nearby is taking your life into your hands. Don't even think about asking for directions!

Really? The 3 times I visited New York since last summer, I had a totally opposite experience. The clerks in the subway Kiosks were helpful and friendly to me. Ditto for the Metro North employees and the strangers on the street. I was surprised how friendly and helpful people were.

I travel constantly for work and have been through airports all over the country. Never have I had a bad TSA experience. Of course, I don't expect the TSA agents to shower me with smiles, hugs and kisses.

Doesn't sound like the TSA are the ones that are hate filled. :rolleyes1

I've not had any problems with TSA. I think some are better at their job than others, and sometimes they might be a bit cranky, but all in all, I' can't complain.

I am much more concerned that all that is needed to be in the TSA is a GED. These people are supposed to be our best line of defense against attacks in our airports. Personally I like the way Israel handles it but in the very least I would much rather they hire people with degrees in psychology to watch all of the passengers and profile their actions as opposed to a lot of under-trained stooges who perform security theater on a daily basis. Ideally every TSA agent should be that qualified but I'd settle for a certain % at each security check point.

I'd also love for them to apply policy consistently at all the airports but that might be a bit to pie in the sky.

The "problem" with that is they would have to raise the prices of the airline fares to pay people with Psychology degrees more than they would someone with a GED. People are already complaining the airlines charge too much. Personally, I don't care what level of education someone has as long as they are trained to do the job properly.

I 100% agree with you there needs to be consistency amongst the airports.

I travel constantly for work and have been through airports all over the country. Never have I had a bad TSA experience. Of course, I don't expect the TSA agents to shower me with smiles, hugs and kisses.

Well if you are going to cup my bubbies and stick your hand between my legs is a little hug a kiss so terrible to expect?;):lmao::laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!