CRO screwed up and I am upset!!!

Luv2Roam

DIS Veteran
They made an unauthorized charge against my VISA debit card!!
They say they can't correct it and I am calling VISA tomorrow!

I'm so sorry that happened! Definetly call VISA! I always make sure I check every credit card bill and put in my notes what I charged and when it appeared on the credit card bill. I've personally never had a problem, but my neighbors were double charged by Disney a couple years ago (it was their final payment, but their credit card company got it sorted out).

But according to CRO they or there reps NEVER EVER make mistakes, and when they do (but they dont)they still get there way and win out. Oh and by the way according to CRO the CUSTOMER is the one always wrong, or wrote the wrong qiote down , or booked the worng place or...well you know what I mean.

It's not often I get so mad I shake when I talk -- but I was while I was on the phone with CRO! :mad:
I ended having to talk to three different people and I have to fax my confirmation tomorrow to prove I am NOT LYING!!!
What had happened is I had made my ressies 1/30 at POR, with the CIF code. I was told numerous times by CM Pru that NO deposit was needed, only a credit card to guarantee my room. I even thought it was so odd, I kept questioning her.
And my confirmation backs up what I was told by Pru.
I called back two nights ago and all I did through Pablo was give him my room requests.
I JUST HAPPENED to be balancing my checkbook over the phone and over $100 was deducted through an electronic transfer. I couldn't think of anything I had done.
So on a hunch I called CRO to see what my room balance was. Good ol' Pablo ran the first night's stay through using my debit card #!
The first two CM's said they could remove the deposit, but they were also removing my RESSIE! Hey at this point -- SCREW 'em. (Pardon me)
I wouldn't have minded, and even expected to pay one night's deposit. But the way the did it S^%^S! It really angers me. I wouldn't put up with this crap from anyone else. And that includes DISNEY.
THIS IS FRAUDULENT as far as I am concerned.
I am to fax my confirmation and Zineb is to call me tomorrow once she can see it! :rolleyes: Zineb also stated that since I made my ressie a new policy came in effect. I told her it didn't matter because I made my reissue under the previous policy.
She said she would only extend my current ressie for two days before I have to make a payment.
And then she had the guts to tell me it wopuld take TEN DAYS for my refund to hit my checking account. I SAID NO!! Disney pulled the $ out in less than two days. They can put back in that fast too. IT WAS AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE! This is FRAUD!
I plan on making some phone calls of my own tomorrow! And I very well may be staying at a downtown hotel.
And I don't care if I ever go to WDW again. If I hadn't bought my plane tickets I would be cancelling this trip now. :mad:

It sounds like you knew you had to make a deposit, and you though you were getting the wrong info from the CRO agent when they said you didn't need to. Well, you were right. So, by making a reservation and paying a deposit, didn't everything work out the way you originally planned it to?

I understand that you didn't want the deposit billed out to your debit card, and were told that it would not be....but, in reality, you'd have had to have paid for the room sooner or later anyway, it's not like they are charging you an ADDITIONAL $100. Truthfully, that is why will not carry a debit card and use regular credit cards.

I think it's the way of it that's so troubling. I know personally, i keep a certain amount of money available on my debit card for purchases. I'm a big believer in the debit card bc it prevents me from spending money I don't have. I'm young, and newly on my own and just learning how to budget and start a savings. Now, I'm in my 20's and $100 randomly taken from my checking account without my knowing could really cause a multitude of problems.

Most likely, Luv2Roam, if they had been told right off the bat that the money would be deducted they would have given a credit card # or made the proper funds available for debit.

It's not good business to give false information, especially when dealing with money! People book value resorts or moderates bc they don't have a lot of spare cash available and even $100 could cause a major bind until the next payday. They're spending what they do have to go to Disney for a great vacation.

Your story just saddened me that as a customer, you weren't respected or appreciated. In many cases people cut disney too much slack, just because their disney.

If you really don't want to go to Disney bc they way they treated you but still have the plane tickets, maybe you should think about Universal.

Jenn

Ncarnation put that pretty well, I think.

:D Dana (also 20s, also learning how to budget, also loves her debit card :) )

I'm upset on different issues, not the $100.
1) A deposit would have been fine, even expected, had it been done properly. -- Let me know it's necessary. Don't tell me it's not, and then three weeks later run it through without notifying me or getting my permission. Like someone said, taking money you are not authorized to do is VERY touchy, legally and in all aspects.
2) The CM's last night did not care about me as a customer, period
3) The service I received last night was not acceptable on any level by any company to any guest
Quite frankly, I wouldn't put up with kind of service from anyone else -- by doctor, vet, grocery store.
The bottom line was the way it was handled once that charge was sent through till last night.
I faxed CRO my confirmation today, as requested. Which makes me wonder why CRO doesn't have access to reprint it anyway.
But I also have six letters going out today to various WDW heads and depts naming names and dates and what transpired.
After this trip, I don't plan on returning. (Think of the time and money I'll save!)
I thought about going elsewhere in Orlando. But one of reasons for us returning to WDW is to get some use out of our AP's. Plus last year we were at US Hollywood and just really weren't THAT impressed. It was okay....A few parts were very good, but just not enough bang for our buck.
Thanks all for your support and views. I appreciate it.

Actually I have been wanting to return to the Grand Canyon and four corner area. I think that would be a good place to go instead of WDW next year! :)

FYI....USH is not at all like USF/IOA. Much like Disney, Universal has spent most of it's time, money and resources on the East coast and has all but neglected the West coast! :rolleyes:

Luv2Roam

I can understand where you are coming from, IF they had TOLD you there was a deposit required, you could have made SURE the money for that deposit was in your account, but since they told you NO deposit was required, you didn't even THINK to have extra funds in the account, because why would you since you were told it wasn't going to be withdrawn? However, don't be mad at Disney, maybe the person you dealt with was unfortunately for you confused or something, I am sure the management at WDW would not want a guest or potential guest to be treated as if they didn't count, however sometimes people that are hired, even by a great place like Disney, aren't top quality when it comes to customer service, but ddon't let one person ruin your vacation or love for Disney. I'd voice a complaint to management to let them know how this treatment afftected your opinions of Disney, I am sure they would want to know.

I totally sympathize with you. Being told one thing and having something else happen drives me nuts. I went through major misinformation experience with US/IOA last year with a booking at the Hard Rock...too long to go into.

Just as an FYI for the future...by using your debit card you have no federal or state credit laws backing you up. You probably know that on a credit card you are only responsible for the first $50 of an unauthorized charge, however this does not hold true for a debit card. Just thought I would let you know this for the future.

Good Luck! I hope all works out!
Cora

I had been following the "no deposit" threads in disbelief until I just got a confimation yesterday in the mail. I did not even request the "no deposit" but the CM insisted she guarantee the room even though I had a ressie at another resort. The confirmation says under amout due....guaranteed, and under deposit amt. due $.00 no mention of a date for any money amount due. I also did not give them a credit card. Sooo, Luv2Roam I can see why you would be mad, they need to get their stories straight. Kind of hard to balance the checkbook when people take money out without your knowledge!?!

Well nothing bounced, or anything like that. Although some weeks it really would have HURT! :p
My grief came last night when I called, 1) to see if that's what happened. (And I was a good guesser. ;) )
And rather than get an apology, the CM's entirely tried to deflect the blame back onto me like it was all my fault! :p
I've griped enough. So I'll get off it.
I did mail my letters and I feel better. I didn't ask for compensation. Disney heads need to know that what their CM's did was WRONG (talking unauthorized funds) and that they (even from the start) made it clear it made no difference to them whether I was happy, mad, coming, not coming or dead.
Fine. I can spend my funds elsewhere.:mad:
I'm booking off-site shortly!:D

Regardless if the final outcome is the same, you were misled! I booked a candlelight processional package last year and gave a credit card # for confirmationto HOLD the booking... no mistake about that. About a month and a half later, I was billed on that credit card, contrary to assurances. I think now that I should have voiced a complaint, but at the time I was willing to have some expenses behind me. More than one reservation has been made since then with only a credit card # to hold it... no deposit necessary.

My point here is that CRO absolutely accepts credit cards as a secure confirmation, and yet they were only willing to refund you if they could cancel your reservation... even hough you had a valid credit/debit card.

I suspect they are desperate for cash flow and treading a fine line... yours is not an 'only' incident... I'm sorry now I didn't call them on their "mistake"...

I can understand not wanting to give 'Disney" your vacation dollars now, but the real reason I keep coming back are the people... so many of their employees spread pixie dust no matter what... and that DON"T happen where I live.

Hope it works out to your satisfaction!!!!

I've been staying at Disney resorts for more than 20 years, and they have ALWAYS required a one night deposit for each room booked.

I guess I just don't see the big deal, especially since the original poster stated that she expected to have to pay a deposit. :confused:

Luv2Roam posted a number of times questioning what she was told about the "no deposit needed" when she made the res over a month ago. I made my res at the same time and responded to the posts, as I HAD to make a deposit. She had contacted CRO numerous times to clarify the policy and was given the information that she did not need to make a deposit. So yes, she expected that she would have to leave a deposit, but she was TOLD she did not! I certainly would be angry if my credit/debit card had been charged without my knowledge and authorization!

Lack of respect and care towards their guests tops the list.
I don't trust them.
How do I know anything they tell me they won't do just the opposite later? Even having it in writing didn't matter to three CRO CM's last night.:mad:
How do I know that 21 days out they don't run the remainder of my resort balance to my debit card? Even if they said they wouldn't, they proved they don't do what they say. Their honor isn't even worth the paper it's printed on.
I am suppose to get a return call tonight from the last CM I spoke to, once she was able to look over my confirmation today. I haven't heard anything yet.
The deposit isn't the issue. This poor customer service is.

I have always had to pay a nights stay for a deposit, but was never required to give them a credit card to hold it, as for a long time, we didn't have credit cards. They will hold a room for 2 weeks without a deposit, and will not cancel unless they don't receive a payment, by check, money order or credit card within that 14 day time frame. I try never to give my debit card number to hold for any reservation for fear something would happen, and I would be short in my checking account. I have a credit card solely for that purpose, and in Disney's case, it is the Disney card... the only thing allowed to go on it is 1st night's stays for ressies or tickets for special events when we are going to be there (ie: Pirate cruise, MNNSHP, MVMCP, Wonderland Tea Party, or restaurant PS that must be guarenteed), and then I pay that when the bill comes. It works well that way. You just can't be messed up!

I hope that you get everything straightened out to your satisfaction and that you won't allow this to sour you on the whole Disney experience.

They are really making some MAJOR mistakes with that brief time period where they were only "holding " your room with a CC. 20 of us are going in November. 3 of the rooms were not charged. Origionally mine wasn't either, and I, like you, kept questioning that. I kept getting all kinds of reassurances, and my yellow confirmation said 0 deposit on it. This was not sitting too well with me. I called back, and lo and behold, you DO need a deposit like usual. I would have lost that ressie I was told. As of yesterday, 2 of the rooms STILL had not been charged, even though CC#'s were given to do so. My one friend was told hers would have been canceled on the 25th.

We are all set now, and CAN NOT wait!!!!!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter