CRO screwed up and I am upset!!!

I never rec'd my call last night from that last CM either. (Just another thing they say and don't do.)
I'm sorry, but these practices are fraudlant and require investigation.
Not only are they saying one thing and doing another, they are doing it with your money, without notification.
And what they originally state matches their confirmation. Then they change it mid-stream and don't notify the guest.
This is just wrong any way you look at it.

Why not send something to wdw.guest.communications@disney.com with your name address and phone number regarding what happend. I do not think they were trying to do anything wrong but you should atleast let them know what happened. Disney did change just recently change which credit cards could be taken over the phone for the one night deposit but it looks like it was done without your knowledge.

IN regards to the reply that discussed Candlelight Processional - Disney has always charged the credit card for this within a few days of booking.

The problem is not the money. The problem is CRO. We tend to take the attitude oh well it is CRO and they are like that. Constantly giving misinformation without a care of how it affects us. Well as long as we take that attitude and do nothing about it CRO will never change and never care. I think you are absolutely correct to tell anyone and everyone you can within the Disney organization and if more people did this maybe things would change for the better. That said I would in no way let it affect my vacation. I hope you have a wonderful time wherever you wind up staying.

I have to say -- this experience leaves A LOT of postitive things to say for Travel Agents.
I think t-shirts need to be made up -- "CRO Survivor."
Joke from my personal, recent experience:
Q: What's the difference between CRO and a terrorist?
A: You can reason with a terrorist.
:jester:
But even at jest, I really feel sorry for the GREAT CRO CM's who do a terrific job. And there are many. And boy we should all appreciate THEM now.

I have a question, were you supposed to send in a deposit? I think we all have to send in some sort of deposit, or they won't hold the room. I'm not sure I understand what you are so upset about. Would you have been more upset if they didn't bother to hold the reservation for you, since there would have been no deposit?

I can understand your frustration, however, you did give someone your credit card number and authorization to use it. According to my previous experience with VISA, I was told that once I gave a company authorization, it was perfectly legal for them to make a charge. I haven't read all the posts here, but just be forwarned that without admission of a mistake by Disney, you may have difficulty disputing such a charge with VISA.

BlueFairy is right. I don't get this at all. You knew that you were going to have to pay eventually, so why not just say "OK" and go on with it and have a great trip? You'll never even see CRO once you're at DW. :D

At the risk of sounding unsympathetic, you've learned a valuable lesson: never give out your debit card number, PERIOD, unless you're walking away with groceries or some other quickly consumed product you're unlikely to return. You'll ALWAYS have to wait (even up to 2 months) for a refund. It isn't like contesting a charge on your credit card, where the CC company will investigate on your behalf ASAP (insofar as it is THEIR money on the line). Because the debit card takes it directly from your own account, the credit card company will drag their heels in investigating on your behalf. I mean (sarcasm here!), why should they? It's only YOUR money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter