Crochet?

I crochet too! I used to do doilys but mostly work on clothing now. My arthritis makes the tiny stuff a little painful. I have done a dress for my DD -she loves anything I make for her. I have also done lots of tops for me. I am working on a bolero jacket right now - 1 sleeve left. I also sew, and have just started some beading as well. I have done several beaded hip scarves for my bellydancing friends, and have done a wire crochet necklace with beads.
Glad to have found crocheting Disney lovers!

I got my cast off today! :woohoo: But now I have to wear a brace for a couple of weeks. :rolleyes2 Soo, maybe I will get back to crocheting someday!

I love to crochet! I taught myself how to crochet 19 years ago when I found out I was going to be an aunt. I have given most of my completed projects as gifts. I really like projects that use cotton thread...I have a 28" doily as the centerpiece of my dining room table. I made hair scrunchies several years ago. I used the elastic ponytail holders instead of rubberbands...I was afraid the rubberbands would break too easily. I just gave all the extra scrunchies I had to my niece. I have also made the flip flops with fun fur but my pattern doesn't call for a double strand of yarn. I found my pattern at Wal-Mart...it was one of those free pattern sheets. I made them for my niece as an Easter gift last year. She really liked the fun fur so I found a pattern and made her a poncho also. I have the Disney patterns for Pooh and friends. I have not been able to find the right color of yarn to make Eeyore.

I crochet. And I have used the Pooh and Friends blanket patterns. I made the Pooh blanket and gave it to my MIL 3 Christmas's ago. The pattern worked really well, but the blanket was much larger than I expected. It came out to just about fit a twin bed. I'll try to get a photo of it and post it.

I did make one mistake..... I didn't realize you were supposed to cross-stitch the character on so to speak so I keep switching colors and crocheted Pooh in so to speak. It came out great and is reversible. I could NEVER EVER cross stich as neatly as I can crochet, so it worked out fine.

M

azgal81 said:
Yep I do as well! I actually started out knitting and wanted to crochet as well but couldn't figure out how for the life of me. I was getting really frustrated wondering why I couldn't crochet but I could knit. Finally I tried one last time I looked at some stichguide videos and it clicked. I was so excited. I like the look of knitted items better though but crochet is quicker for me.

Ditto....

Okay, I just re-found this thread since all of the changes took place :) Going to catch up now...

pb4ugo said:
have been crocheting for 35 yrs and have graduated to crocheting aran isle patterns - they're gorgeous! primarily love to crochet afghans, but will do infant layettes and sweaters. never did any disney crochet.

what's a crochet swap?

A group of people get together and pick an item (scrunchies, granny squares, pot holders, fridge magnets) to crochet. You send as many as there are people in the group to the coordinator along with a SASE and you get back yours plus one item of everyone elses

First-timer said:
you crochet with 2 strands of the fuzzy yarn and go around the top and then the part that goes inbetween your toes and then the other side its very easy!! you wrap around 2 times then go through the last whole..... its hard to explain...... my kids and their friends love them..... i get the flip flops from old navey...... vicki

Can you tell me where to find the pattern for this? I love the way they look, and I'm a very basic crocheter. Can you tell me where to find the pattern, or perhaps PM me the instructions? Thanks so much!

Wish I had more time to crochet but over the summer I will have time. Right now it is hectic teaching kindergardeners.

Count me in on the crocheting I started at the age of 4 with fine cotton thread and a very very small hook mostly made knots at that age lol. By the time I was playin with my barbie dolls I was designing my own very primitive patterns. Not gotten that creative in many years tho but bet I still could given the time. My art teacher was very impressed I could design my own pattern in high school (it was a simple scarf how hard could that be lol) My best friend was amazed I could crochet on the school bus while talkin to her an others. Taught her how on the bus then again years later after she went blind I helped her get started at it again and read many a patterns to her over the phone. She did BEAUTIFUL work and still had a very good sense of color and matching colors even tho she was totally blind. Couldn't fool her with the colors either cause each color smelled different she said.

It would be very easy to convert counted cross stitch to filet crochet for disney patters but I'd stick with just 1 or 2 colors. Most filet crochet is done is white or off white anyway. My DD transfered a filet crocheted patter to cross stitch and it turned out well. Very very time consuming tho.

I've done the counted cross stitch and embrodiery along with sewing. Gave knitting a try a few times but much harder for me than crocheting.

I crochet very little. I wish I could do more than what I do~maybe someday I will figure it out.

i crochet! i am fairly new to these boards, at least at posting. i've been lurking for a while. there is a lot of great info here.

i am working on a basketweave stitch baby afghan and a snowflake afghan.
i've just started both and am not getting much done because of preparing for the christmas holiday.

what's everyone else working on?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter