Crossing into Canada w/ pain and other meds

PlutoPony

DIS Veteran
Are there any special requirements/procedures for taking non-OTC pain meds (potentially a low dose oxy) and other prescription meds into Canada and then back into the US? Or could someone point me to the appropriate literature for this type thing? FWIW we 'd likely be going via train both directions, meds would be in pharmacy bottles, and we'd be using passports as our documents (assuming any of this info is applicable). Probably going between Seattle and Vancouver BC

Thank you!

If it's in the original labeled bottle from the pharmacy, you should be fine. I often travel with a daily pill minder container with no problem. However, if you have a controlled substance, you should definitely keep it in the labeled container. You might want to bring only as much as you think you'll need, plus a few extra "just in case" and leave large supplies at home.

Here's a link to the Canadian government website: http://travel.gc.ca/travelling/health-safety/medication

Enjoy your trip!

I travel by car into Canada from WA a couple of times a year.. I also travel with meds.. never once has it been a problem.. like you. they are in their original container , if you feel there may be a problem. ask your doctor for a letter to state that you are taking these meds for so and so reason.

Enjoy your trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter