Crossing our Fingers-Deluxe Dining Plan Pre-Trip Report 06-12-20

janetmojo

Earning My Ears
For me, nothing beats the gloom and doom of the last few weeks than planning a trip right? So here is my "crossing my fingers" pre-trip set up for our first time on the Deluxe Dining Plan in June.

Players-
Me: Janetmojo (42) lover of WDW, recently relocted to FL to be closer to the parks and cruises (heh-see how that's working for me?)
Hubby: Leslie (56) learning to like WDW, grew up never seeing a Disney movie

We don't have kids and live about an hour away from WDW so this will be our first time just driving a short distance for a stay onsite. Since we are passholders and it will be hot and who knows what the crowds will be like we have planned things to focus on great dining and lots of down time.

Hotel: Recently swapped from CBR to Beach Club, the passholder rates were great. We also added Deluxe Dining plan at this time.

Friday June 12th-Drive down in time for rope drop at Epcot with 12:00 lunch at Tokyo Dining. We have a few fast passes but honestly the choices and times were not ideal so we will probably just play the attractions by ear. Head to check in at Beach Club at 2pm, unpack, chill, drink and hit the pool! Dinner at 7:25 at Narcoossee's (we'll probably Uber.)

Saturday June 13th-Rope drop Animal Kingdom at 8am EMH (we like to get up early.) Brunch at Tusker House at 10:30 (if buffets are even open by this time.) Again we have some scattered fastpasses but not the "big rides" so hopefully we can move around some of the FP or snag some new ones once we get a clearer picture of how all this will work. Last FP is around 2pm so repeat of yesterday chill, drink, pool! Dinner at Cape May Cafe 8:00pm.

Sunday June 14th-Rope drop at MK with Fast Passes that are actually decent. Might grab a snack in the morning (still working on figuring out how to use all those snack credits.) Walk over for Brunch at the California Grill at 12:40. Possibly go back to MK after brunch but we have done this brunch before and last time we literally passed out in a food coma afterwards. I originally had dinner reservations but to stretch out the credits I think we will use snack credits for dinner at the Contemporary before going to use our voucher to watch the fireworks from Cali Grill.

Monday June 15th-Rope drop Studios with limited FP and then lunch at Sci-fi Drive In at 11:40 (we've never been and thought it might be a little more relaxing than Hollywood and Vine?) Leave Studios by 2pm for pool and relax time and then dinner at Yachtman's Steakhouse at 7:10pm.

Tuesday June 16th-Check out of Beach Club but leave truck there to head to Epcot in the morning. Wasn't able to get FPs but we do have lunch reservations at Le Cellier at 12:30. Sufficiently in a food coma then we will drive home.

So there you have it. Any tips, tricks or suggestions?

Thanks for reading!
janetmojo

We love the deluxe plan! If you're a coffee person use one snack credit a day for the largest coffees/lattes/etc at Starbucks or Joffrey's each day! We've never had extra snack points when we use one per day for a coffee and then typically we'll use them towards something for breakfast (cinnamon bun) or a mid-afternoon. snack (ice cream sundae, pretzels, fries, etc.)

Following along. Hoping you get to go on your trip. I am mid September- fingers crossed for that .

Following along! Just finished up my January dining report and definitely need more Disney to read :goodvibes We had to cancel our April and May trips so currently have a 6/6-13 stay as well as July 4th trip, so here's to both of our June trips happening!

Hotel: Recently swapped from CBR to Beach Club, the passholder rates were great. We also added Deluxe Dining plan at this time.
Nice! We're at the BWI for most of our July stay.
recently relocted to FL to be closer to the parks and cruises (heh-see how that's working for me?)
:laughing: :rolleyes1
lunch at Tokyo Dining.
good choice! We had dinner here years ago and then just had lunch here again in January and enjoyed it. Nice views if you get a seat by a window :thumbsup2
Dinner at 7:25 at Narcoossee's (we'll probably Uber.)
And an EXCELLENT choice! Favorite of our boys and we're eating here on arrival night in June.
Walk over for Brunch at the California Grill at 12:40.
Aaaaaaand fabulous choice! Did this last year and am dying to do it again; it's unbelievable!
I originally had dinner reservations but to stretch out the credits I think we will use snack credits for dinner at the Contemporary before going to use our voucher to watch the fireworks from Cali Grill.
Yeah this is a good idea to use snack credits for dinner. On our CG Brunch day we had dinner booked at Flying Fish. Sitting at our table after devouring way too much amazing brunch foods, we looked at our friends and were like "ah, I don't know if we want a signature dinner today.....". We finished brunch around 1 and seriously weren't ready for anything to eat until about 7 - and we're EATERS. We ended up getting drinks and apps at TOTWL followed by drinks and apps at Geyser Point and that was enough!

Looks like a great use of the dining plan - particularly the restaurants near Beach Club that’s a great idea. I loved Cali brunch so a big win there too. Overall I’m just super jealous I’m not going too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!