Crossing the border: e-cigarettes

Lexx1214

Mouseketeer
Confession time: I’m a smoker currently in the process of quitting by vaping. Yes, I know the jury is still out on vaping but it’s working for me when nothing else has.

Does anyone know if I can cross the border when we drive down next May from Ottawa with my e-cigarette/vaporizer? They are legal on both sides of the border but I can’t find any info on it besides import/export regulations.

When I have had questions about what the US will/will not allow in, I have found contacting US CBP directly to be quite helpful. I have always found them to be professional and informative.

https://www.cbp.gov/contact

Good luck finding the info you need.

SW

I've crossed both by car and by plane multiple times with mine without any issues. One time out of 7 flights had my e-cigarette swabbed at TSA and processed without any problems. I keep my e juice in my checked bag and my batteries/tanks (cleaned out and empty) in a zip lock in my purse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter