Crossroads is closing?

Still not news, I don't believe it was never not happening, they were just trying to finalize the alternative they were choosing. This all came out in January that is was moving forward, and the only question was how soon they thought they could obtain the properties once the alternative was selected. It appears they think they can negotiate the deals in 18 mos, maybe they will, maybe they won't as there is much involved in doing this.

This is only news to people who didn't know it was happening.

FDOT couldn't start negotiating until the project received formal approval from Federal Highway Authority which made the funding available, which happened in September 2017. The schedule calls for 24 months to complete the negotiations, which is why the formal letters went out in March.

Sorry about the Waffle House and Days Inn staying - didn't need that land for the improvements.

Many of the businesses have already looked at relocating to a new development just north of the Prime Outlets where a new interchange is going on I-4 at Daryl Carter Parkway. They can't do anything though until the negotiations fr business damages have been completed. The main reason this spot was chosen as a pond site is because it has a single owner (the businesses all lease) which is better for negotiations.

If anyone has more specific questions about the I4 project you can PM me - I spent 5 years working on this study as the lead author of the Environmental Impact Statement.

https://wdwnt.com/2018/04/fdot-nego...ping-center-tenants-told-18-months-to-vacate/

I don’t understand why you’re complaining about a recent story that came out from several sources. Not everyone is up on every single Orlando news story like you apparently are either. I’m sorry you feel this isn’t news but it is to some so no need to complain that this isn’t news.

Thank you. I'm in the area a total of about 18 weeks a year to work at WDW and today when I read this is the first I had heard about it. Granted, our townhouse is in Windermere but I still go to this area a lot.

FDOT couldn't start negotiating until the project received formal approval from Federal Highway Authority which made the funding available, which happened in September 2017. The schedule calls for 24 months to complete the negotiations, which is why the formal letters went out in March.

Sorry about the Waffle House and Days Inn staying - didn't need that land for the improvements.

Many of the businesses have already looked at relocating to a new development just north of the Prime Outlets where a new interchange is going on I-4 at Daryl Carter Parkway. They can't do anything though until the negotiations fr business damages have been completed. The main reason this spot was chosen as a pond site is because it has a single owner (the businesses all lease) which is better for negotiations.

If anyone has more specific questions about the I4 project you can PM me - I spent 5 years working on this study as the lead author of the Environmental Impact Statement.

What affect will all of these retaining ponds have on the mosquito population?

This news is over 1.5 years old as it's been part of a long term improvement project of I-4. The only real question is when would it start and the last we talked about it is when will they begin negotiating the land purchases ... which could take up to a couple years. This lastest news just verified what was said, they hope to buy the land in 18 mos time.

While it may seem like lots of ponds, there is always a need for detention ponds when you create all this roadway and runoff.

The sad part is the tacky store at the exit looks like it will survive ... I wish they would widen enough to level that thing.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/crossroads-plaza.3599549/

Loop%2BRamp.jpg

lakebuenavista-i4-crossroads-crop.jpg

@HopperFan I'm usually a couple of steps behind lol!:hyper: Thanks for sharing the terrific pics!

I'm saddened by this news as I have many memories of the Crossroads during my first CP Program in 97. At that time Crossroads was the closest place to get stuff. At that time I believe all they had near Vista Way was the Walgreens, that was new at the time. If you didn't have a car then you could walk to the Crossroads and shop at Goodings (way to pricey.) I have heard much as changed but I'm sad because of the memories of have from there.

I do have a question about the sale of the land. If the owner refused to buy could the state use eminent domain to take the property? This happened to my dad with a piece of property he and his partner had. Also how far down will they widen the road? Will it go as far as the Methodist Church a bit further down from Crossroads?

Wow, this is news to me as well! I didn't know this was happening, what a big change it will be!

For those of us that live on 535 just east of Disney, this will be a welcome change - even though it will probably make things more difficult in the short term.

Sometimes, traffic has been so backed up to get on I-4 off 535 just past the Crossroads that we can't even get out of our neighborhood to go west without a u-turn and some serious waiting. The turning lane onto Disney property is also the only lane to get on I-4 in BOTH directions from the Doctor Phillips side of 535.

I have to say that I can totally see this! The first year we tested out a stay at FW Cabins, our GPS had us exit the property a different way than we were used to, and we ended up in this corridor and it took us FOREVER to get down the street!!! Seeing the restaurants and what was nearby was pretty cool (we never leave property once on but this time we missed the bus and decided to just drive to the parks) but insanely crowded!

There is one near the 429 on 192, Target shopping Center. You can see Everest from the Parking lot.

Where exactly is this location? We always go to the Crossroads one but we’re staying at Kidani this time and it seems as if this would be a closer one for us. Thanks!

I did accidentally happen to read about this a month or so ago, and it was definitely news to me. I'm sorry Crossroads is on the way out. Over the years we've had many good meals there: Sweet Tomatoes (at least there's one on 192), Fuddrucker's, Moe's (especially on Mondays for a cheap meal), Chevy's and, back in the day, Jungle Jim's. Yes, it could be a pain getting in and out of there, but my offsite dining plans will definitely be changing.

I live like 8 minutes away from Crossroads going up Winter Garden Vineland,I am not happy about this,I frequent the Sweet Tomatoes and Perkins,every once in a while you want some Chicago pizza at Unos and even though I live here I don't know is there another Fuddruckers anywhere close by,I don't think the one at Artegon is opened any more and how about Jamba Juice.I'm not happy,the whole vibe in that corner is going to change.I sure hope some developer is buying up some land to build a similar center to relocate these restaurants.On Winter Garden Vineland just past the Miller's ale house and Twin Peaks there's a bunch of land that appears to be zoned for commercial development,that would be a close enough location for a replacement shopping center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter