Crowd calendar

Mallow

Mouseketeer
It’s been 7 years since my family and I have been to Disney and we just booked for August!! Woo hoo, I’m so excited! So now begins the last minute planning. I noticed that most of the sites I previously used aren’t operating any longer. Any recommendations for best crowd calendar?

It’s been 7 years since my family and I have been to Disney and we just booked for August!! Woo hoo, I’m so excited! So now begins the last minute planning. I noticed that most of the sites I previously used aren’t operating any longer. Any recommendations for best crowd calendar?
yes, they aren't as reliable as years past. Kenny the Pirate has a color coded calendar somewhat similar to to the color coded one tourguide mike use to have. but take these predictions with a grain of salt due to the many variable that now affect crowds. as many will tell you, have a good touring plan rather then worrying about crowds

The crowd calendars may not be as reliable, but I still enjoy them as part of the whole "anticipation is half the fun" aspect of going to Disney. I even still order the newest guidebook for every trip! ::yes::

I use Touring Plans. I like their room request option - I used it once (last trip) and got exactly what I requested. Coincidence? Maybe, but it was enough to make me spend the $15 again for this next trip.

I like touring plans as well.

Thank you everyone for the information. I’ll definitely look at touring plans. It’s been so long I think I’d like at least having some place to start. Thanks again!

I like TP and have renewed twice (for three years total membership) and I like seeing the room views but I've never even gotten CLOSE to getting a room I've requested. I think this is probably my last year with them. The Lines app is hit or miss.

I don't have a TouringPlans subscription or anything but I do like their guidebook (the Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World, make sure you get the 2019 edition) and imo it's the best place to start. Don't take the crowd calendars that seriously though.

Get the Unofficial Guide and ask any other questions you might have about touring here. I like DisneyTouristBlog for just getting me even more excited about Disney beforehand and also to read all of their extensive reviews on attractions, dining, and hotels.

I'd say don't use a crowd calendar, read the Unofficial Guide, ask touring questions here, use blogs/vlogs to determine where to eat. And since August is coming up you should get ready for you FP+ window whether you're staying onsite or no.

I like Touring Plans-I like to make personalized touring plans for us to use in the parks. I always factor in relaxed walking. I have noticed the wait times vary little from a day listed as 1 to a day listed as 6. Over 6 level crowds, the waits are predicted to be longer. I don't pay as much attention to crowd level days until I see levels 8, 9, and 10, and just expect those days to be more crowded

None of those crowd estimate sites are anything more then educated guesses of the future, most likely based on historical data and known holidays. I certainly wouldn't pay any money to subscribe to them. Even Disney doesn't know how many locals with annual passes will show up on a given weekend or how many staying in off-site hotels will decide to go to which park. Third party websites have no specific knowledge or insight about future attendance. Trying to subdivide that into specific parks on a given day is mostly a wild guess.

None of those crowd estimate sites are anything more then educated guesses of the future, most likely based on historical data and known holidays. I certainly wouldn't pay any money to subscribe to them. Even Disney doesn't know how many locals with annual passes will show up on a given weekend or how many staying in off-site hotels will decide to go to which park. Third party websites have no specific knowledge or insight about future attendance. Trying to subdivide that into specific parks on a given day is mostly a wild guess.

I agree that it's all wild guesses when it comes to crowd levels, but Touring Plans offers a lot more than just crowd predictions. Just my thoughts.

i like TouringPlans. I have gotten a room close to the one i wanted via their fax service a few times. Last year- no bueno. I have been a member since 2012 and I think when i first joined it was most helpful since I had never been to WDW. They will send you email updates if the crowd calendar changes.

Our trip in April of this year had spot on crowd predictions. I do use their calendar to roughly plan our trips and I think April was one of my best trips.

I just ordered a copy of their book for a coworker's kiddos. Oh, and i have gotten several dining reservations using TP reservation finder.

i like Touring Plans but please know I use it similar to a game app. I mess around with creating different touring plans. I check crowd levels etc. But I don’t plan my days based on the crowd calendars and don’t actually use the plans I create. It’s just a fun way for me to brainstorm routes to take in the park or which rides to knock out first etc. I believe that crowd calendars worked better in the past but Disney has gotten smart with special ticketed events on the slower nights (villains After Hours on Thursdays) for example. I have been the last three Junes and I believe knowing how to use rope drop and fast pass refresh and which rides to ride when hot and which ones to knock out early etc are the best avenues to getting a lot done.

In the past I only trusted EasyWDW because Josh had the best advice. He doesn't do the crowd calendars anymore but he still has the best info, IMO. That said, I think crowd calendars are really only good for seeing all the parks/hours/special events/EMH, etc all in one place at one time in an easy printable sheet. There are way too many variables anymore that make it hard to predict crowd levels per park.

I use Touring plans and Kenny the Pirate.
I'm not sure any of the crowd calendars are really very accurate. I still look at them, but don't put a lot of weight on them. I look more at what parks have EMH and decide whether I want to be at the park on an EMH day or not and plan from there.
And after SWGE opens, I suspect they will be useless .

They're no more accurate than flipping a coin or throwing darts blindfolded....in fact you're probably better off. Don't waste your time. They're also highly deceptive...they aren't even trying to measure crowds, as is implied in their names.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!