Crowd levels for Saturday June 22

Whistlebee

DIS Veteran
Hey everyone! Anything special going on this coming weekend that could make crowd levels spike? I’m expecting crowd levels similar to the last 2 weekends but Ridemax is showing extremely long wait times for this coming Saturday. I’m wondering if they know something I don’t?

This is disheartening since I am coming this weekend for my Star Wars Reservation. My only guess is people wanting to be there for Mondays Star Wars opening to the public.

Hey everyone! Anything special going on this coming weekend that could make crowd levels spike? I’m expecting crowd levels similar to the last 2 weekends but Ridemax is showing extremely long wait times for this coming Saturday. I’m wondering if they know something I don’t?

Ignore ridemax. Disneyland will likely be dead (comparatively). DCA will be pretty busy. We were at DL this past Saturday and it was SO UNCROWDED. I can't imagine what would change so dramatically by next Saturday. It is still within the SW reservation period, and Deluxe and lower APs are blacked out. It will be a good day.

If Ridemax is using information from last year for this year's estimates, was this time last year the opening of Pixar Pier? And was this the time period when Disney unblocked dates for the lower APs? There was no split blockout calendar for the passes last year, so both parks were pretty busy. (You can look at last year's June Check In thread to see how unhappy people were about this.) The data from last year may be what is skewing Ridemax's prediction. (Which is another example of why we say that crowd calendars are pretty unreliable for DLR -- they really are a better tool for WDW.)

Last edited:

I'll be there too. I'm thinking it may be crazy due to GE opening on Monday. If people are traveling to attend on the first non reservation day they'll probably come for the weekend prior. We leave tomorrow and I plan to do Disney during the week and avoid the weekend. My family may not be willing to go along with that plan though.

It should be crowds like the last couple weeks back, not to busy. We'll also be there starting on the 22nd. Our GE reservations are on Sunday 8am. Now Monday the 24th is a different story.

I think it's always good to plan for it to be insanely crowded. Then when it sin't it will be like you got some disney pixie dust sent your way.

Last edited:

I'm really hoping it's not crazy crowded. I've heard it's shockingly pleasant lately. We have SWGE reservations on Sunday at 8AM. I'm hoping we'll be able to get on some rides relatively easily, but I guess it depends on if people are coming in early for Monday.

I will be there Saturday. Im expecting it to be busy because it is summer, but hopefully it won’t be awful. We are doing plaza inn very early so we will be there way before the crowds arrive.

We were there from Friday to yesterday and just got home last night. Crowds were super light in the mornings. We did rope drop each of the 3 days (Fri - DL, Sat - DCA, Sun - DL), and we didn't have to show up an hour ahead of time or anything. We walked up to the security lines around 7:40ish, and didn't wait in line more than a minute. We rode just about everything we wanted to ride each day in the first 2 - 3 hours of being in the park (we did 1-PPD tix). And we only really needed our maxpasses after about 10:30 - 11:00am. Standby times were still only around 30 minutes or so for rides like Space Mountain, Matterhorn, etc, until the afternoon. The crowds definitely picked up in the afternoons, and Friday was a grad night.

As others said, you might see more people coming to take advantage of the rest of the park before trying to see SWGE on the 24th, but it shouldn't be as crazy as it'll be on the 24th. Are you only going on Saturday? Sundays are usually pretty good. I highly suggest getting there for park opening, though, and maxpass is a must after the first couple of hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter