Crowd Question

disneyfreak202

Mouseketeer
Hello all,

We will be at Disneyland Paris on June 2nd. It is a Sunday. We can't be flexible with our day there and only have the one day to spend in the parks. Luckily we are staying onsite at Cheyenne the night before and that night so our travel time won't be long.

What will crowds be like the first Sunday of June? I am starting to plan what we want to do. We will have park hoppers and will be going to both parks. I just want to be realistic on what we can accomplish and try to use that to figure out our must dos, what we want to do, and what we can add if there is time.

I know we want to see the fireworks show if possible for sure.

Thank you!

June = good weather.
It's a Sunday, it'll be busy, not as busy as Saturdays, but still there will be crowds. The 30th of May is a bank holiday in several European countries (including France) , and most people take the Friday off as well. So this is an ideal opportunity to go to DLP for a few days. Most likely people will leave Sunday during the course of the day, so I expect it will be more quiet in the evening.

But I would turn it around, and ask you: What do you want to do/see on your day at DLP, what are your musts? Then it's easier to say what is feasible. If fireworks is a priority, it shouldn't be a problem. But if rides are your priority, it's better to use the fireworks time to get a ride on Big Thunder Mountain after dark.

June = good weather.
It's a Sunday, it'll be busy, not as busy as Saturdays, but still there will be crowds. The 30th of May is a bank holiday in several European countries (including France) , and most people take the Friday off as well. So this is an ideal opportunity to go to DLP for a few days. Most likely people will leave Sunday during the course of the day, so I expect it will be more quiet in the evening.

But I would turn it around, and ask you: What do you want to do/see on your day at DLP, what are your musts? Then it's easier to say what is feasible. If fireworks is a priority, it shouldn't be a problem. But if rides are your priority, it's better to use the fireworks time to get a ride on Big Thunder Mountain after dark.

We aren't big show people, but I am interested in the Fireworks for sure. If we have time for other shows we will watch them too, but not a priority.

Currently on our list of must dos is:
Phantom Manor
Pirates
Big Thunder
Space Mountain
Ratatouille Ride
Peter Pan
Indiana Jones
RC Racer
Crush Coaster
Rock N Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror

Interested in if time:
Alice
Special Effects Show
Studio Tram (I thought it was closed, but it's on the website?)
Castle Walkthrough/Dragon
Buzz
Aladdin
Submarines
Star Tours

We aren't big show people, but I am interested in the Fireworks for sure.

Just to lower your expectations:: Illuminations is not a fireworks show. It is a Castle projections show with a few fireworks. If you're familiar with HEA, it's nowhere near it.

I think your must dos are all possible in a day, the official park hours are probably from 10:00 - 23:00 for Disneyland Park. With EMH 8:30 - 9:30

During EMH start in the Studios with the first 3 rides. You should be done before lunch with this list. I would stay in the Studios for lunch (Block Buster Cafe)
Crush Coaster
Ratatouille Ride
Rock N Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
RC Racer

To Disneyland Park, get a FP either for Peter Pan or Big Thunder Mountain (I think BTM is your better option)
Big Thunder
Phantom Manor
Indiana Jones
Pirates
Space Mountain (if open use Single Rider)

For the others on your list, it should all be possible, but it would mean back to the Studios. One more question: Do you mean with Special Effects Show 'Moteurs... Action!' or Armageddon? If the first, keep in mind that it takes at least an hour out of your day. The show is about 40-45 minutes. I haven't done Armageddon in years as it was in French only and the effect was very underwhelming.

On another note: Disneyland Paris doesn't have Submarines, that's in Disneyland Anaheim. ;-)

There is a submarine, the Nautilus, but it's a walkthrough attraction that might take maybe 5 minutes to do. And probably not the best 5 minutes of your life.

Armageddon is the worst Disney attraction in the whole world. Make yourself a favor and skip it.
Moteurs action is underwelming, not worth your time if you have only one day.
If open, Mickey and the Magician is a very nice show, arguably the best one in DLP.

You can safely skip Peter Pan, it's not much different from the one in Orlando and the one in California is better and it always has a long queue.

There is a submarine, the Nautilus, but it's a walkthrough attraction that might take maybe 5 minutes to do. And probably not the best 5 minutes of your life.

Armageddon is the worst Disney attraction in the whole world. Make yourself a favor and skip it.
Moteurs action is underwelming, not worth your time if you have only one day.
If open, Mickey and the Magician is a very nice show, arguably the best one in DLP.

You can safely skip Peter Pan, it's not much different from the one in Orlando and the one in California is better and it always has a long queue.

We won't be skipping Peter Pan as it is one of our favorites no matter if there are differences or not. Our must dos aren't changeable, but our interested in is not a requirement, just what we will do to fill time whether they are terrible or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!