Crowds and HHN

julfre

Mouseketeer
My plans to visit in Sept had to be moved to october due to the unfortunate events that happened. So I am in the frantic last minute replanning mode. I am currently planning on visiting Orlando Oct 14-20th.

HHN is now occuring during my visit. I planned originally on spending Fri at US and Sat at IOA and stay at HRH for fotl. My Sat flight is now earlier so I basically lost most of that day and with HHN thurs and Fri, I am wondering if I should try to go earlier in the week, but if I go earlier, I probably won't want to change hotels twice and will not stay at HRH. (If you read that , you can see why I need help now- I really confused about what to do)

Does HHN substantially affect crowds during the day? I am guessing that they will be busy all day is this correct? My alternate day is Wed without fotl for one of the parks- would that be better?

Any advice is welcome. :pinkbounc

I have enjoyed visits to Universal during the regular park hours on HHN scheduled days and experienced minimal crowds. HHN is a separate admission ticket and daytime is unaffected by the crowded HHN nights.
HAVE FUN

You'll be fine, IOA will be busier, try to avoid a Fri, Sat. for HHN if at all possible, and for everyone, try to do HHN the first two weeks in Oct. I have been a part of HHN since 1992, I am a self professed expert on HHN.

Also, there is no fotla for HHN, if you don't do thurs. book the VIP Tour, it's well worth the money, and on Fri. and Sat. it's bedlam at HHN, except maybe the first weekend. HHN or regular VIP Tours:
407-363-8295. Or visit: halloweenhorrornights.com

I remember working the event last year on Friday the 13th and the place was so crowded, wild, and overly packed. That Universal had to close Horror Nights at 12am instead of 2 am. It was so crowded that night it took 15 minutes just to walk from the Earthquake Building to Amity. The crowd of people was so thick in that area it was at a stands still. Also every maze had at least an hour and 20 minute wait. The event had such a drunking party like atmosphere, security could not handle this huge crowd, so the event had to be shut down 2 hours early. The angry mob of people that night had a huge line at guest services demanding refunds.

So if you want less crowds vist on a sunday or a week day (non peak nights). Avoid Saturday and Friday Nights (peak nights). The only down side to visiting on a non peak night, is that the Ooze Zone (blood bath in Kong) and The Boogie Men movie will not be going on.

Also Coke products are offering a larger discount to go to Horror Nights on Non Peak nights. I dont know how much of a discount, but go look on the back of Coke products at the supermarket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter