Crowds and safety?

la79al

DIS Veteran
I keep seeing people mentioning how easy or difficult it is to move about the park on very crowded days. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one a little curious on the safety of a park that crowded. For example if there were some emergency that caused a mass panic, would people be able to exit safely?

Not sure what kind of emergency would happen that would create a panic.

It really never gets that bad except for the Hub around fireworks time. The CMs are very good at keeping people safely moving.

After the fireworks (particularly Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom) is when it can get extremely crowded. Hold onto your kids tight. Other than that, you should be fine.

After the fireworks (particularly Happily Ever After at Magic Kingdom) is when it can get extremely crowded. Hold onto your kids tight. Other than that, you should be fine.
I'm not in particular thinking about my kids. More in general. For example, if an actual large scale emergency were to occur (ie shooting flames or something similar) would people be able to exit specifically MK safely?

I'm not in particular thinking about my kids. More in general. For example, if an actual large scale emergency were to occur (ie shooting flames or something similar) would people be able to exit specifically MK safely?

Again, not sure a large scale emergency is a possibility.

I've never felt the least bit in danger at Disney and I was just there on Christmas Day and New Years Eve.
The odds are so low that you are honestly, wasting time even worrying about it.
You would be better to worry about an accident getting there. If you are one to find something to worry about

Back in Dec 2015, my son and I got caught up in a belligerent sea of visitors exiting the Osborne Lights in Hollywood Studios. People were pushing and yelling. We started getting crushed against the walls of the buildings. We were able to wriggle through and escape into a shop. I was really scared. There were no cast members in sight. Crowds during that last Osborne Lights were not properly managed. I had never experienced anything like this prior to or after this one experience. However, to this day, I avoid situations with large crowds and no clear exit.

I keep seeing people mentioning how easy or difficult it is to move about the park on very crowded days. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one a little curious on the safety of a park that crowded. For example if there were some emergency that caused a mass panic, would people be able to exit safely?
Disneyworld does a great job with crowds and has a lot of experience dealing with them.

In any mass panic situation, it isn't going to be pretty, however, the chances of one happening are extremely slim. It's far more dangerous driving to the park or taking a bath.

That said, many tourists come to Disney who may never have seen a crowd and it may make them nervous since its a new experience. Patience is something everyone should bring a lot of to Disney.

IMO, if some tragedy happened (explosion in one of the kitchens in a Main St?), especially during the fireworks, I don't see how anyone in a crowd that size would be safe. Panic would ensue and it would be a nightmare. No doubt in my mind. However, the likelihood of that happening is very, very, very,very slim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!