crowds and wheelchairs

zeke11

DIS Veteran
Oh no. I'm going to need a wheelchair and I'm anticipating a rough situation. I'm hearing that the crowds are going to be insane the week of April 13. Is it going to be impossible to push a wheelchair - will the crowds be dense??

Anyone experienced high crowd levels with a wheelchair?

Kris

Thats Easter week, so yes it will be crowed.
People don't seem to look down, or somehow don't see wheelchairs when at WDW, so be ready to have people sit on you!!!! and swear at you.
Just take it slowley and remember you have as much right to be there as the "walkers".
I've done Christmas day, New years eve and 4th july in my chair, it can ge very hairy, but I just take my time, then when people fall over me its not my fault.

If you have a large group with you then have one person walk in front diagonally to your left and one to the right. Have them keep close to the chair so that there is not room to squeeze through a gap. That will keep people from running up your sides and darting in front of you. Don't worry about the trip as there is nothing you can do about idiots. I once got a group of people who blocked me from moving my ECV for about 10 minutes as I would start to move and boom some kid would have to see the manatees and be in front of me.

My worst was Seaworld on 4th of July in an ECV but really the only problem was getting out of the parking lot. Wheelchairs are like cars in that smart people do not run in front of a moving car or wheelchair. I never can remember how to brake an ECV until I clip a heel, muahaha.:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter