Crowds During Easter Weekend

horse11

DIS Veteran
How bad will the crowds be during Easter Weekend? Any chance of getting on FOP at RD or before closing? if so what would be your estimate on wait time? Also how soon should we get in line for Rivers of light?

How bad will the crowds be during Easter Weekend? Any chance of getting on FOP at RD or before closing? if so what would be your estimate on wait time? Also how soon should we get in line for Rivers of light?
FOP at rope drop is always mobbed. Being at the front of the rope drop crowd vs the back can mean the difference between a short to no wait vs several hours. Not sure about how long the wait would be close to closing time but if you do that you might not make it to the start of Rivers of Light (I think it starts 30 min after park closing)

Wanting to see River s of light so what would you suggest would be best to try to get FOP in? Should we still try for RD? How much time before opening should we get there?

If you want to rope drop it, I'd make sure you were there 75-90 minutes before the park opens. It'll be busy. Like, really busy

FOP at rope drop is always mobbed. Being at the front of the rope drop crowd vs the back can mean the difference between a short to no wait vs several hours. Not sure about how long the wait would be close to closing time but if you do that you might not make it to the start of Rivers of Light (I th
FOP at rope drop is always mobbed. Being at the front of the rope drop crowd vs the back can mean the difference between a short to no wait vs several hours. Not sure about how long the wait would be close to closing time but if you do that you might not make it to the start of Rivers of Light (I think it starts 30 min after park closing)
Just found out there are two shows that night. Would we be better going to the first show and then get in line for FOP right after rather than RD? I have RD FOP during our last trip in May but it was not a holiday so I think crowds will be much thicker on Easter Sunday. I have never set a touring plan for thick crowds

Just found out there are two shows that night. Would we be better going to the first show and then get in line for FOP right after rather than RD? I have RD FOP during our last trip in May but it was not a holiday so I think crowds will be much thicker on Easter Sunday. I have never set a touring plan for thick crowds
I hadn’t looked at Rivers of light times since they extended park hours last week. Looks like it is now 8:30 and 9:30. I think you could definitely try to do the earlier show then hit FOP as long as you don’t mind a late night. I’ve heard reports here of people getting in line close to closing time and only having a 40 min wait despite the listed time being 2 hrs or something crazy. Obviously Easter week will have high crowds but that might be preferable to the crazy crowd at rope drop. I see you got to AK in May very early so that might be another option if you don’t want a late night.

I hadn’t looked at Rivers of light times since they extended park hours last week. Looks like it is now 8:30 and 9:30. I think you could definitely try to do the earlier show then hit FOP as long as you don’t mind a late night. I’ve heard reports here of people getting in line close to closing time and only having a 40 min wait despite the listed time being 2 hrs or something crazy. Obviously Easter week will have high crowds but that might be preferable to the crazy crowd at rope drop. I see you got to AK in May very early so that might be another option if you don’t want a late night.
Starting to think of trying it at RD if waits to long then head to River Journey and try FOP before closing after the first showing of Rivers of light. We are going as guests of season passholders so hopefully they can snag a FP for NRJ and possibly Rivers of light. Do you know if the Rivers of Light FP is for 1st showing when they have two shows? I know the dinning package is for second show which will not do us any good.

They have FP for both shows. I just looked at Saturday the 20th (we are in a diff park on Sun the 21st) and FP are currently avail for both shows. Not sure I understand the guests of season pass holders part. What type of passholders get guest passes? Or did you just mean they are buying your tickets?

They have FP for both shows. I just looked at Saturday the 20th (we are in a diff park on Sun the 21st) and FP are currently avail for both shows. Not sure I understand the guests of season pass holders part. What type of passholders get guest passes? Or did you just mean they are buying your tickets?
Not sure but they can get guest tickets. My cousin is also an employee. We were told they could get FP but just 7 days out.

Easter is one of the busiest times. We would go every Easter for years (travel when school is out) but last year was it for us. Too crowded, lines very, very, very long,etc. not going this year. FOP is one of the most popular attractions, if not the most popular. I met people who rope drop FOP that got there 2 hours early to be in front of crowd. When they let you in, it’s just to the bridge before they stop you so try to stay in front at all times. I looked at APP yesterday & there was a 235 minute wait for FOP.

We are only doing one park day (April 19th) during our upcoming 4 day stay. We plan to park hop (AK to EPCOT to MK). I have two questions about this plan:

1) Is there any chance of park closures during?

2) With MK having EMH starting at 7am will it be obscenely crowded in the later hours (9pm to midnight) or somewhat manageable?

This is our first time ever going during a high crowd time like Easter and know it's going to be crazier than we've ever experienced....but we figure one day of WDW is crazy crowds is better than zero.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter