crowds in april

Lookn4magic

Earning My Ears
Hello everyone, I'm new here but I hope this is the start of very magic relationship. My DW and 2 DS's (7 & 8) have started making arrangements for our first trip to WDW. We will be going in the first 2 weeks in April 2003, school and work schedules make this our best option. Our plans include doing Disney, Universal and Seaworld. We thought that this would be plenty of time to cover all the bases but it seems like this is the most crowded time of the year. Any tips or information for getting the most out of the parks during peak seasons such as these would be very helpful. Also our 7 year old DS will be celebrating #8 during our stay so any ideas for a small celebration would be useful.:confused:

Welcome!!!! :)

April is a BEAUTIFUL month to go to WDW. The temps are in the 80's every day . . .never saw a raindrop during the past two April visits at all!

Crowd wise it probably will be a very busy time to visit. We went during Easter Week 2000 and it was CROWDED!! BUT, we enjoyed every minute of our vacation. What we do is go to the parks after b-fast and stay until around 1pm, then we head back to our resort to swim and relax, then back to the parks after dinner. Don't try to do and see everything all at once. Get a WDW Guide Book like Birnbaum's and read. There are plenty of touring tips you can follow. Also be sure to make some priority seatings for character breakfasts and dinner before you leave, otherwise you may not end up eating at the time you want to eat. Another good place for tips is www.wdwig.com. On that site you can look at prices of restaurants and menu descriptions, along with many other useful things. Also, check out www.mousesavers.com for any codes that may be out during your stay if you decide to stay at one of the resorts.

My DS will be celebrating his 9th birthday on July 6th when we are at WDW this year. We have scheduled a character breakfast at Chef Mickey's for him, and we are also going to stop at the Town Hall in the Magic Kingdom for his birthday button. I am also going to order him a birthday cake through our resort. Basically I'm going to make his birthday as magical as I can . . .I will be writing a trip report when I return on July 12th.

Hope this helped you a bit.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter