Crowds in December?

Crowds this December?

• More crowded

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Less crowded

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The Same

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Other (leave a reply, I'm interested to hear your theory)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

purplefern

Earning My Ears
If (and that's looking to be a big "if"), but IF DL is open by December, do you think the crowds will be more or less than normal? Because I'm wondering if people will be chomping at the bit to get in the parks, making it MORE crowded, or will still be worried about Covid 19 and not go, making it LESS crowded (or, you know, forced limited capacity and whatnot).

If (and that's looking to be a big "if"), but IF DL is open by December, do you think the crowds will be more or less than normal? Because I'm wondering if people will be chomping at the bit to get in the parks, making it MORE crowded, or will still be worried about Covid 19 and not go, making it LESS crowded (or, you know, forced limited capacity and whatnot).
Since this is all speculation, as you stated this all assumes the parks will be open (fingers crossed!), I would guess that a major factor would be whether the parks would be using any kind of reservation system for entry in December. A reservation system like what is being used in SDL would limit crowds and make the Holiday Time crowds we're used to a non-issue. But we won't know what to expect until the parks announce an opening date, whether any kind of reservation system will be used, and for how long. If they can reopen soon, they might be able to end their reservation period before the end of the year -- or not... And who knows if there will be the predicted "second wave" and if it will be as bad as predicted? And predicting local AP behavior is something even Disney hasn't figured out how to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!