Crowds in October

Wenlitz

<font color=6699FF>The Tag Fairy has been known to
I am planning a surprise trip for our kids in Oct. We have been is ept. (minimal crowds) May (very crowded) and in Aug (very crowded) who has gone in Oct and how are the crowds???
Thanks for the info. Did you get a better rate for hotel??

I cant speak for hotel rates because we are DVC members but we went this past Oct. 20th-26th and there were crowds but they werent unmanageable. We used fast pass for the major attractions.
We did the Not So Scary Halloween party at Magic Kingdom and that was lots of fun but very crowded. Those were the only really big, massive crowds we encountered.
The weather was just great, warm but not humid. I would go at this time again!
There arent too many extremely uncrowded times to go to Disney anymore and I think Halloween time is getting more popular!

It depends on when you go in Oct. If it is Columbus weekend expect higher crowds. The rest of the month is not bad. Last Oct we went the week before Columbus day...10/4-10/11. The crowds were light (could still get a fast pass for TT on Sat evening after 6 pm). As the week progressed the crowds got heavier. The worst day was the Sat we left. Fast pass for TT had 2 1/2 hour return time by 11 am. All in all though it is very bearable for crowds.

A suggestion for hotel rates... book now for what you can afford and look for discounted rates end of June beginning of July. We originally booked PO-R standard and when the discounts came out were able to upgrade (cancel and rebook) to a Courtyard view in WL for the same rate.

We went this past October (the last week) and found the weather great and the crowds were thin. I wouldn't hesitate to go again the last week of October. Have fun!

I went last October, 18-22 and had a blast, did MNSSHP and walked on everything, very light crowds!

We have been two years in a row for Halloween--the only very crowded time was MNSSHP on 10-31. That was totally expected each year because of the night:smooth:

What happens at the Mickey Halloween Party? Is it worth the extra money? I know we didn't get to enjoy the Christmas Party due to weather - but we will be on the Disney Magic for the Halloween Cruise and I'm thinking of a few days at Disney beforehand.

Suggestions, hints, recommendations always welcome!

Thanks!
Rae

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter