Crowds so much better this week (and a really cute thing happened to us!)

SOCALMouseMommy

DIS Veteran
We were in the parks last week when it was absolutely slammed, so it was so nice today to get good weather and much lighter crowds. It wasn’t dead by any means, just normal October Halloween time crowded. We left DCA around 4pm and people were already pouring in for the party. We saw some really neat costumes!

Side note: Tried the “pumpkin spice” churro at the cart on Buena Vista street. There was zero pumpkin flavor nor was there “pumpkin spice” flavor. It tasted like red hot cinnamon candies... it was pretty good though and it was coated in orange sugar with some tiny ghost sprinkles that were pretty adorable.

So we visit pretty often, usually a few times a month. Some people ask why we go so much and don’t we ever get tired of Disneyland (never!). It seems like every time we visit there is something new to discover and today we experienced some really special pixie dust!

We were at the Boudin Bakery because my 4-year-old son loves the free bread samples and watching them make the bread. He was very intently watching one of the bakers score the dough before baking and the baker waved to him, which made my son beam. We stood watching a bit longer and noticed these cute little Mickey loaves on a rack near the window. The baker saw us looking and he came over and gestured that We should follow him over to the cafe side.

He came out with this Mickey bread and introduced himself by name and asked my son’s name. He said they only bake 12 of these loaves a day and that they give them to very special people and that my son was one of those very special people. He said that he loved seeing how intently my son was watching the baking process and thought he would like one of these loaves. Then he told us to have a magical day!

It was so sweet and unexpected. My son was so happy, his eyes were as big as saucers. Just another reason we love Disney so much. It’s the little things!
AF20F78E-48E5-4723-B00E-C45FFBE4AE65.jpeg1528D97D-0A20-4784-AB23-C5BC23D06F14.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm kind of dreading going during the second week of November. Xmas holiday stuff will be up and our first day in the parks will be a holiday (11th). I keep hearing about all these super great, not overly packed days (except for the last week or so), but I don't think we'll be able to experience that. That's awesome that things have thinned out, though, and you guys got an unexpected treat.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter