Crowds the weekend after July 4?

DisneyJade

Two decades on the DIS, lurking and learning
I had planned to take a year or so away from the parks, due to anticipated SWGE madness, but I am going to be in the LA area in July and checked crowd on the off chance we want to add a few days at disneyland.

Much to my surprise, Sat/Sun July 6 & 7 are inexplicably showing very low crowd levels on multiple crowd sites. Only those two days, nothing around them. Could this be accurate?

Is it just Disney magic that those are exactly the two days I want to go?

I mean, nobody knows what will happen once SWGE reservations end, but so far it appears everyone is “avoiding the madness,” thereby creating no madness. And certainly there’s way, way more hotel availability left this summer than would be normal.

Crowd calendars are useless, but I don’t think crowds will be crazy.

We will be there. We go every year on July 4, but booked a staycation this year for July 4-7. Can't remember it ever being overly crowded on weekends in July in past years. In fact, Saturdays in July have long been my favorite low crowd times to visit in summers due to the Deluxe and lower AP blackouts.

Thanks for the insights. It’s fascinating what influences theme park crowds and how it can be opposite of what one might expect.

We just visited the parks this past weekend, both days. Disneyland was a ghost town compared to DCA, both days. I think the AP blackout structure is going to make DL park a great place to be this summer, although things may change when the SW land reservation period ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts