Crowds this July

cisco911

Mouseketeer
Hello All,
We will be heading down end of this week. Will be there from the 20th to 27th. How are the parks looking crowd wise? I know that everyone has said that this summer has been soft for Disney but what are people actually seeing crowd wise? Also, I have been trying to get a lunch reso at BOG with no luck. What are the chances of a spot opening up while we are there if I keep checking? Thanks in adavnce for your help. :)

I thought it was very manageable. Our issue was with the weather. Lots of ride closures make the indoor wait times jump. The big headliners had steady 90-120 minute waits, so don't expect a change there.

We have been here since June 28th. Leaving on 20th. Crowds have been very manageable overall. I would keep checking for BOG especially the day and evening before you want it. I would agree with previous poster though in terms of quality...

We were there 7/6-7/13. Crowds were great with the exception of one day. 7/9 at HS was packed. We did our AM FP, left and came back later in the evening.

Are you a member of touringplans? If so, they have a reservation finder that will text you if your desired reservation becomes available. That's how I got my lunch reservation.

Thanks for the reply guys. I would rather do another quick service but our daughter wanted to eat at beasts castle and there was no way I was using 2 credits for it for dinner.

We had no crowd issues with the exception of July 3rd at MK. There were many BTG around but had no issues with them at all. For the most part they were out having fun and kept to themselves. We are not full day park people though and really don't care about the headliners. We are happy with our favourites, really love the "streetmosphere" and have lots of pool/chill time each day. We had a glorious 10 days. :goodvibes

We went June 28-July7 and it really was not that bad at all. Probably even lower than same period last year. I think you will find it nice if you have planned well!

As for BOG: there were a couple of times looking on the app that lunch times were available for the next day. If you check a couple of times per day before your MK day, you should get one. As a side note, like many have said, it did feel a little lower in quality compared to others this time. They had removed my wife's favorite dish and the French Dip was just meh. The cupcakes were/are always great however. It is a nice atmosphere, but they really, really, really, really need to work on the food quality soon...

Remember people have to cancel at least 24hrs ahead of time if they have an ADR. A few times I've checked 24-48hrs before and have gotten lucky. Assuming someone canceled and I hit it just right on the app.

Hello All,
We will be heading down end of this week. Will be there from the 20th to 27th. How are the parks looking crowd wise? I know that everyone has said that this summer has been soft for Disney but what are people actually seeing crowd wise? Also, I have been trying to get a lunch reso at BOG with no luck. What are the chances of a spot opening up while we are there if I keep checking? Thanks in adavnce for your help. :)
I hope you get you BOG adr. We ate there twice last Summer and liked it and honestly, for us, it could have been terrible and still worth it to eat in the castle!! We are eating there again in a couple weeks so we shall see how the new menu is compared to last year.

So happy to hear these reports! We’ll be there the same time as you, OP - 19-27.

Now if only it was also magically 20 degrees cooler, I could stop worrying about my ability to handle the heat/humidity... :laughing: (We did it back in 2010 when it got up to 97, but I was 9 years younger then...)

As for the dining, we did BOG back in 2013 but aren’t this year. I do think it’s worth it to experience at least once for the atmosphere, especially if you have a Beauty and the Beast fan. Keep checking - we were able to snag a Beaches and Cream reservation a couple days ago after weeks of checking. I’d imagine there’ll be even more availability as we get closer.

So happy to hear these reports! We’ll be there the same time as you, OP - 19-27.

Now if only it was also magically 20 degrees cooler, I could stop worrying about my ability to handle the heat/humidity... :laughing: (We did it back in 2010 when it got up to 97, but I was 9 years younger then...)

As for the dining, we did BOG back in 2013 but aren’t this year. I do think it’s worth it to experience at least once for the atmosphere, especially if you have a Beauty and the Beast fan. Keep checking - we were able to snag a Beaches and Cream reservation a couple days ago after weeks of checking. I’d imagine there’ll be even more availability as we get closer.
yeah the weather this year has been crazy hot. I'm okay with the heat as long as we don't get a lot of rain. Fingers crossed for no rained out days :S

yeah the weather this year has been crazy hot. I'm okay with the heat as long as we don't get a lot of rain. Fingers crossed for no rained out days :S
Totally agree with that. But as for the short PM rain storms, don’t they make it at least slightly cooler afterwards? I could be totally wrong. Where I live, it’s hot and dry and doesn’t rain at all from June to October, so I have no experience with humidity or the effects of summer storms.

DH downloaded the Dark sky app - I heard about it on here. Super detailed reports about when the storms are coming, which I figured would be useful!

Totally agree with that. But as for the short PM rain storms, don’t they make it at least slightly cooler afterwards? I could be totally wrong. Where I live, it’s hot and dry and doesn’t rain at all from June to October, so I have no experience with humidity or the effects of summer storms.

DH downloaded the Dark sky app - I heard about it on here. Super detailed reports about when the storms are coming, which I figured would be useful!

Good job on getting Dark Sky. It is scary accurate. Mine buzzes my Apple watch when rain is coming and it is always correct.

When we were there the storms were not short. It rained for hours for 3 of our days. We wound up skipping Saturday and hanging at the resort. At one point the water was ankle deep between Cosmic Ray's and Cheshire Cafe. Yes it really does cool things down, though!

Good job on getting Dark Sky. It is scary accurate. Mine buzzes my Apple watch when rain is coming and it is always correct.

When we were there the storms were not short. It rained for hours for 3 of our days. We wound up skipping Saturday and hanging at the resort. At one point the water was ankle deep between Cosmic Ray's and Cheshire Cafe. Yes it really does cool things down, though!

I’m glad to hear it’s accurate!

Yikes, that sounds like an adventure. I’m sorry you got so much rain!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter