Crowds this July

So happy to hear these reports! We’ll be there the same time as you, OP - 19-27.

Now if only it was also magically 20 degrees cooler, I could stop worrying about my ability to handle the heat/humidity... :laughing: (We did it back in 2010 when it got up to 97, but I was 9 years younger then...)

As for the dining, we did BOG back in 2013 but aren’t this year. I do think it’s worth it to experience at least once for the atmosphere, especially if you have a Beauty and the Beast fan. Keep checking - we were able to snag a Beaches and Cream reservation a couple days ago after weeks of checking. I’d imagine there’ll be even more availability as we get closer.

I was there last July around the same time. I about withered. One day at Universal, I just had to leave. That happened to me in 2012 also. That is just a HOT place. I do much better in the Disney parks. But last year, I can't remember where we were. It was just unbearable hot and we left the park around NOON (I think it was MK). Sat at the hotel pool and relaxed, then the rains came, and it was MUCH better at around 5PM. I went back over to AK and I am a summer/evening park touring convert. OMG, so much better. Why did I suffer all those years during the day?

I'm from canada so no dark sky in android canada :(
That is so weird! I didn’t even realize apps wouldn’t be available in Canada. Maybe there’s another similar app you could get?

I was there last July around the same time. I about withered. One day at Universal, I just had to leave. That happened to me in 2012 also. That is just a HOT place. I do much better in the Disney parks. But last year, I can't remember where we were. It was just unbearable hot and we left the park around NOON (I think it was MK). Sat at the hotel pool and relaxed, then the rains came, and it was MUCH better at around 5PM. I went back over to AK and I am a summer/evening park touring convert. OMG, so much better. Why did I suffer all those years during the day?

We’re planning to do that most of our days, but it didn’t really work out schedule-wise for all of them. I’m glad to hear it helps, though!!

Hello All,
We will be heading down end of this week. Will be there from the 20th to 27th. How are the parks looking crowd wise? I know that everyone has said that this summer has been soft for Disney but what are people actually seeing crowd wise? Also, I have been trying to get a lunch reso at BOG with no luck. What are the chances of a spot opening up while we are there if I keep checking? Thanks in adavnce for your help. :)

I’m going the same week and have a BOG lunch I’m planning to cancel. I’ll PM you to see if our dates line up.

As for the crowds, obviously I can’t speak to this year, as we leave on Friday, but we were there this same time last year and the crowds were really manageable. We did see a few of the BTGs, but they weren’t disruptive and we just zigged when they zagged.

Regarding the heat: if you can get going in the mornings, it really is not all that bad. Once it gets to midday the temps and potential of rain can be a lot. We planned our recent trip with some breaks around midday for swimming/napping. That suited us very well. The few days we did all day in the parks, we certainly found the inside spots/shows. Those breaks are invaluable...

We returned yesterday. 1 day at each of the 4 parks (no hoppers). HOT HOT HOT HUMID HUMID HUMID.

As long as your expectations are realistic you will be fine. We definitely toured very differently this time. Instead of jumping around the park for different FP, we just kept on a path and if we could get a FP great, and if not we decided whether we would wait or skip it.
We left before park close on all 4 nights because we were so incredibly hot and sweaty. So no fireworks this trip.
We did EMM on Sunday which helped get us through most of the MK attractions (we just missed out on JC, Tiki, Philharmagic, and TeaCups. It was fine. We ended up leaving MK by 7PM.
We had FP for Thunder, Splash and HM and then got additional for IASM and Speedway. We did Space immediately at 9 when we were already at the back of the park from EMM and then Buzz right after and then we went to the breakfast.

We really weren't able to get additional FP at any other park. We did single rider at both TT and EE. And we did have FP for FOP. Standby for FOP was 3 hours. But we saw everything we wanted to see and did everything we wanted to do.

We did have a BOG reservation. We had cupcakes and soda for lunch because the menu stinks. But I really wanted to see the inside of the castle. (And then we had Dole Whips for dinner - just too hot to even eat a meal). My daughter thought that was the bomb because I have NEVER allowed just ice cream for dinner before!

Some lines were super long. I saw Splash at 120min (luckily we had a FP). It had broken down in the morning so even the FP line was long because of the anytime FP we got. When we finally got off, it broke again. I felt really bad for those people that had waited that long.

I thought it was very manageable. Our issue was with the weather. Lots of ride closures make the indoor wait times jump. The big headliners had steady 90-120 minute waits, so don't expect a change there.

On the day we checked in at CSR it took a while, so the CM gave us some anytime Fast Passes. Cool, we thought. Once we were in the Magic Kingdom we found both Pirates and Small World were down. Anything with a FP had a very long line. The FP line for Splash wound up, down the path, across the bridge, and down a ways. Crazy!

For those that recently visited, how were the BTG?
We are at the "epicenter"lol of The 15s,All-Star Sports,and for the second Summer in a row,The 15s have,"for the most part",been a non-issue.

Just like last Summer,the days of non-stop Chanting 24/7 are gone.

Gone also are the days of "chant-dancing' in the middle of Main Street USA,etc.

They DO still chant at times,but it is sporadic.

But,of course,the "tension" between the Brazil 15s and Argentina 15s is still there-if looks could kill!lol :)

We've been here since July 6. Parks haven't been bad with the exception of the Magic Kingdom. We've done what we wanted to do, but have had enough. We've only run into a couple of annoying BTG. We've seen many rude people, and sorry to say, most don't speak English. Lines for food and drinks have been insane. And before anyone says it, yes, I'm aware summer is crowded. Been coming in July for 20 years. We actually are cutting out of Disney 2 days early to head over to Universal. We just did a Universal trip in January so weren't going to go this trip. However, we got a good last minute AP rate at Royal Pacific and grabbed it. Vacation should be somewhat relaxing. I know this won't go over well but Universal with Express is far more relaxing, less stressful and easier than Disney.

Definitely present everywhere! Hoards of them. Filled up an entire bus going back to Pop one night at Epcot.
No doubt-their numbers are staggering!lol

The other night at All-Star Sports,a huge Argentina Tour Group going to Magic Kingdom filled up an entire Slinky Dog and half of a Standard!lol

I remember the days when they used Disney buses exclusively,but now I would estimate they are using Private Buses 80 % of the time.

I wouldnt worry about BOG, we did lunch there and it was by far the worst meal I had in 10 days. Would never go back.

Curious to know what made BOG so bad. We've been there for lunch 6 times and have tried every lunch entree they offer. Our favorite by far is the braised pork, but they were all decent to good.

Dan

I hear about BOG reservations opening up the week of all the time. I think breakfast might be a little easier to snag too if you're open to it. (and we prefer the breakfast options a bit more tbh)

Curious to know what made BOG so bad. We've been there for lunch 6 times and have tried every lunch entree they offer. Our favorite by far is the braised pork, but they were all decent to good.

Dan
I am wondering the same thing. My girlfriend and I ate 2 lunches there last Summer and had 3 different entrees and all were good. The braised pork was my favorite but that is now gone and replaced by braised chicken. We will see how that tastes in a couple weeks as my son is getting that so I'm sure I will sample it.

I am wondering the same thing. My girlfriend and I ate 2 lunches there last Summer and had 3 different entrees and all were good. The braised pork was my favorite but that is now gone and replaced by braised chicken. We will see how that tastes in a couple weeks as my son is getting that so I'm sure I will sample it.

Didn't know they got rid of the pork in favor of chicken. Granted, the last time we were there was last summer. Must be a money saver or them. :headache: I can't imagine the dish being as good with chicken.

Dan

Didn't know they got rid of the pork in favor of chicken. Granted, the last time we were there was last summer. Must be a money saver or them. :headache: I can't imagine the dish being as good with chicken.

Dan
I tend to agree with you but we will find out soon. I was bummed when I saw they made the change.

For those that recently visited, how were the BTG?
I was there 7/2 to 7/8. There seemed to many large teenage girl groups but this was my first time going in July so not sure how it usually is with the 15s at that time.. They seemed to behave ok, once I heard them chanting. I tried to steer clear of them because the groups are just so big, not because of who they are. I stayed at French Quarter and didn't see them there.

Dan

I ordered the Croque Monsieur and my wife got the French Dip sandwich so we could each split half to try. I took one bite of the french dip and IMMEDIATELY spit it back out. The meat was very chewy with alot of fat, just not my cup of tea. My wife agreed and normally that wouldn't bother her. We left the entire sandwich. We split the Croque Monsieur which was fine but the ham was a bit fatty as well.

The best part of the meal was the Masters cupcake that we split. For what we paid with the quality of the food it was by far the worst meal in 10 days.

I ordered the Croque Monsieur and my wife got the French Dip sandwich so we could each split half to try. I took one bite of the french dip and IMMEDIATELY spit it back out. The meat was very chewy with alot of fat, just not my cup of tea. My wife agreed and normally that wouldn't bother her. We left the entire sandwich. We split the Croque Monsieur which was fine but the ham was a bit fatty as well.

The best part of the meal was the Masters cupcake that we split. For what we paid with the quality of the food it was by far the worst meal in 10 days.
It sucks when anyone has a bad meal anywhere. Last Summer my French Dip was wonderful. I'm getting the Croque Monsieur in a couple weeks.....I hope it is good!

It sucks when anyone has a bad meal anywhere. Last Summer my French Dip was wonderful. I'm getting the Croque Monsieur in a couple weeks.....I hope it is good!

I'm picky with meat so that doesn't help. My wife is my barometer when it comes to that and if im being too fussy... When she agreed, i knew there was something not right about it... The Croque Monsieuer was fine, I wouldn't worry about that. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter