CRT and PSB- for those who have done both

tink2

DIS Veteran
My DD loves eating in the castle with the princesses- but she loves Jasmine. She was disappointed when Jasmine wasn't in the castle for breakfast this year. I know she appears most of the time at PSB, so we were considering doing both princess breakfasts this year. My question is for those who have done both- did your children notice the differences if the same princess was at both meals? If Snow White was at both, did your child notice that it wasn't the same person? I want to do both, but my daughter will be five and I'm afraid she might notice the difference- I really don't want to spoil the magic any sooner than necessary!

We did both and my 2 1/2 DD didn't noticed but she is kinda young. I however didn't really pay attention or notice much diference. They do such a great job hiring the person to match the character and doing their makeup just so that I think if you spead out your visits (dont go two days in a row) she might not notice. Now they are also really good about playing along if you say something about seeing them the other day at MK while your at PSB they go with the flow. At least that's what one of then did for us.

We've done both.

I think it depends on your child's age. Our 7 year old definitely noticed and she's been noticing for the past 2 - 3 years. Our 4 year old doesn't notice at all yet.

She decided on her own that Snow White, Belle etc...cannot be everywhere so the 'real' one is at MK and the rest are helpers. Just like Santa! That is what she thinks.

We've also done both.

If you don't want her to notice the difference I suggest spreading the breakfasts out. Snow White and Aurora were in both locations in April and were clearly had differences.

My DD (7 at the time) figured out long ago they were people in costume so we did not need to worry. She was happy the Cinderella was different from the night before (we had angry Cinderella at the 1900 PF dinner). She also noticed when the Fairy Godmother was the same person.

Be aware this can also be an issue if you park hop and see the same character.

We actually saw the same woman playing Belle in 3 different places and my dd's thought that was pretty neat (they are 5 and 8). They both know that the characters are played by actresses b/c my older dd was afraid of the costumed characters (Mickey, etc.) when she was younger, so we really emphasized the 'nice people in costumes' angle. I would say that if your dd is much older than 4, she's likely to notice a difference. I wouldn't comment on it at all and she will probably just accept both Belles or whoever, even if they are played by different women. Spreading the meals out would likely help, but as another poster pointed out, some of these characters appear in the parks too, so you might see yet *another* woman playing Belle later on.

We had kind of the opposite situation on our trip in Dec. DD didn't notice. But we actually had the same CM as Jasmine at PSB one day and as Belle at CRT the next. I didn't notice, but DW did. I think it helped that Belle addressed DD by name and told her that she heard about her having breakfast with her other princess friends at Epcot the day before.

DW thought the CM was also the Jasmine from the day before PSB - back in Moracco. So that would have been three times for seeing her if it was the same CM. The CM was in love with DD - spending a LOT of time with her.

I've also had this happen. One time, we saw the same CM as Belle at Very Merry Christmas Party and as Cinderella at CRT the next morning. I recognized her right away (I think she remembered us, too) and seeing the pictures later really sealed the deal. Also, a while back in Disneyland, I saw the same CM as Mary Poppins one day and Belle a few days later. I didn't place her right away, but when Belle said in an English accent that she thought I'd been there before, it clicked (what a memory!). Again, the pictures later sealed the deal.

My DD5 didn't notice the different actresses at all. She is a huge princess fan and was dressed in full princess gear at both CRT and PSB! She even struck up conversations with several of the princesses and asked them questions about their first encounter. The actresses at the second encounter were very perceptive and did not spoil the magic for her and played like they remembered seeing her the day before. Later in the nifht, Snow white even pulled my daughter into the Sprectromagic parade and called her by name "princess Juliana".........It was a special trip for my daughter, lot's of magic!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter