CRT PPO or lunch/dinner?

Chughes812

Mouseketeer
Almost time to make ADRs for our upcoming trip and trying to decide when is the best time to eat at Cinderella's Royal Table. Last trip we ate at Akerhaus, DDs enjoyed the princess and DH appreciated the food (considered it one of the best meals we had). This time I want us to eat in the castle as a birthday surprise for DD.

How is the food at each meal?

We plan to pay OOP, so not as concerned about price difference (though a penny saved...) more food and experience.

What are your thoughts?

TIA

I would plan the ADR around my schedule. I prefer lunch and dinner ADR's so take this with a grain of salt. If you plan a PPO CRT meal, be advised that your advantage is negligible if you are looking to jump start the day, and there is always a chance MK hours will change. I plan PPO meals only if they will enhance my morning touring.

I like a planned break during the day in the MK so I book lunch or dinner

I would plan the ADR around my schedule. I prefer lunch and dinner ADR's so take this with a grain of salt. If you plan a PPO CRT meal, be advised that your advantage is negligible if you are looking to jump start the day, and there is always a chance MK hours will change. I plan PPO meals only if they will enhance my morning touring.

I like a planned break during the day in the MK so I book lunch or dinner

Good to know about not being able to take advantage of PPO. I saw and (older) article online that talked about being able to get to Fantasyland a little before rope drop and the photo andvantages. That was what made me consider breakfast, otherwise I was thinking late lunch/early dinner. It doesn't seem like there is a price difference between lunch and dinner, at least the prepayment is the same.

Thanks!

Good to know about not being able to take advantage of PPO. I saw and (older) article online that talked about being able to get to Fantasyland a little before rope drop and the photo andvantages. That was what made me consider breakfast, otherwise I was thinking late lunch/early dinner. It doesn't seem like there is a price difference between lunch and dinner, at least the prepayment is the same.

Thanks!

YOu will be allowed in before the rest of the RD crowd, however Main Street is open to everyone earlier than RD. While you are dining they are Line at various gates. WE booked PPO at the Plaza, and while we were allowed in at RD we were not heading to the most sought after attractions with 2000 of our new best friends.

We booked a CRT dinner this trip but you should be aware that there is a new Cinderella dining package and fireworks viewing that blocks off a lot of the earlier dinner slots. My CRT day is 60+3 and the earliest reservation was 7pm. I have tried to modify many times and even had a TP finder set up and nothing. If I wanted to book the new package there were slots open earlier for dinner, but nothing with the regular dining. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!