CRT question on timing

Captain.Underpants

Earning My Ears
I was able to snag a canceled CRT reservation a few weeks back for CRT @ 7:25pm thanks to the Touring Plans reservation finder. What are the chances of making it out in time to get in front of the castle for the 9pm fireworks? Thanks in advance for your input!

I was able to snag a canceled CRT reservation a few weeks back for CRT @ 7:25pm thanks to the Touring Plans reservation finder. What are the chances of making it out in time to get in front of the castle for the 9pm fireworks? Thanks in advance for your input!

You MIGHT be finished eating in time, but getting around in front of the castle will be your problem. You'll have to go around, and by the time you get out, most people will already be in their spots and the crowds will already be gathered. I don't think even the little paths right around the castle are open, so you'll have to go through Fantasyland or Liberty Square to find your way around, and those paths in front of the castle will be full.

I have never been seated even close to my ADR time. We are let in the foyer and then spend anywhere from 20-30 minutes there, meeting Cinderella then being allowed to go upstairs. I think you'd be very lucky to have everything fall in to place to get out in front in time. If you don't mind missing the projections we do enjoy the fireworks from New Fantasyland in front of BOG.

can you skip meeting cinderella or is that factored into the seating time?
You don't have to enter the line to meet Cinderella, but that won't affect when your table is ready and you're called upstairs. You really just do that while you're waiting for your table.

We had an 11:55 lunch ADR yesterday. We checked in right at 11:55, queued for Cinderella, and while we were in line told that our table was ready and to go right upstairs to the hostess when we were done with pictures. They must seat people in blocks because you need to see all 4 princesses (who are introduced and take awhile to get around the room) and do the star, wand "ceremony". We were out of there between 1 and 1:15. Our server and service did feel rushed though (brought our entrees before they cleared our app plates and brought our desserts before our daughters'). Glad we did it, but won't do it again for the cost!

Our reservation last week was at 7 pm. We were let inside the castle right on time and were finished with 25-30 min to spare. Finding a spot for fireworks was rough though.
I will say that it probably depends greatly on where you're seated inside the restaurant. We were incredibly lucky and got the middle window table, which was among the first group to meet the princesses that greet in the dining room. If you're seated in one of the side sections, I wouldn't bet on making it out in time. The princesses began coming out maybe 5 min after we placed our order, and two were still making rounds when we left.
With that in mind, I'd say there's a chance, but I don't think the odds are stacked in your favor.

We had an 11:55 lunch ADR yesterday. We checked in right at 11:55, queued for Cinderella, and while we were in line told that our table was ready and to go right upstairs to the hostess when we were done with pictures. They must seat people in blocks because you need to see all 4 princesses (who are introduced and take awhile to get around the room) and do the star, wand "ceremony". We were out of there between 1 and 1:15. Our server and service did feel rushed though (brought our entrees before they cleared our app plates and brought our desserts before our daughters'). Glad we did it, but won't do it again for the cost!

do they force you to order it all in one shot? or can you order an ap and then decide on entree?

do they force you to order it all in one shot? or can you order an ap and then decide on entree?

It wasn’t forced, but he did ask for all three at once.

If you don’t order alcoholic beverages you won’t have a check to deal with, which will save time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter