Cruise activity confirmation email?

twitterpated31

Mouseketeer
i booked my excursions and M&Gs Christmas night. When I look at my acct they show up. It looks like I did everything right but there is no email confirmation or anything.
When I click on the excursion there's a button to cancel.
Have I done everything right? Or are things just sort of in a cart, waiting to be confirmed?
I'm just worried about losing my bookings.
Thanks!

Have you checked your junk mail box? Your e-mail account may not recognize the address since it would be coming from a generic one. I can't recall if we normally get one - I don't usually bother checking since I figure what's in my account is more accurate anyway.

I've never gotten a confirmation email for booking activities, have done 4 cruises. If you see them when you look at your acct, you've done everything correctly.

I've never gotten a confirmation email for booking activities, have done 4 cruises. If you see them when you look at your acct, you've done everything correctly.
Every time I make an activity/excursion reservation, I always click the "confirm" button and print that out. That is, I "confirm" each individual reservation as I make it.

I've also gotten emails from DCL confirming reservations.

Every time I make an activity/excursion reservation, I always click the "confirm" button and print that out. That is, I "confirm" each individual reservation as I make it.

I've also gotten emails from DCL confirming reservations.

Once you choose the activity, the time for it, and press the save button, it's booked. I haven't seen any other confirmation button to push, perhaps that's why I haven't gotten any confirmation emails for the activities? Either way, we've never had any problems with things not being booked.

Once you choose the activity, the time for it, and press the save button, it's booked. I haven't seen any other confirmation button to push, perhaps that's why I haven't gotten any confirmation emails for the activities? Either way, we've never had any problems with things not being booked.
When I've completed my reservation, I click the "Confirm Activities" button
my cruise activities castaway cay 2017 confirm activity.png

Then I get this:
my cruise activities activities confirmation 2017 EDITED.png

I also receive an e-mail:
dcl email activity confirmation.png

When I've completed my reservation, I click the "Confirm Activities" button
View attachment 290706

Then I get this:
View attachment 290711

I also receive an e-mail:
View attachment 290710

That's not how activities/excursions are booked now. Not sure when they changed the website, the pic you show is how we did it for our cruise earlier this year, but for our March cruise(we booked stuff earlier this month), it is done differently. You don't have a cart or any other way to confirm, you just have to click on the save button and it is done. I had to call Disney because I had booked 2 different excursions for the exact same time(yes, I know it's not suppose to let you do that, but it did). I had questions about each so I called, they had each booked in the system.

Yes, the activities/excursions are booked differently. It is kind of a pain now as you cannot modify. If you want to see if you can switch days on a Palo reservation, you have to cancel the existing one before you can see availability.

I just booked for our West Bound Panama Canal cruise, and when I was done, I selected view full itinerary, then printed a hard copy. This will show all the reservations you have made.

That's not how activities/excursions are booked now. Not sure when they changed the website, the pic you show is how we did it for our cruise earlier this year, but for our March cruise(we booked stuff earlier this month), it is done differently. You don't have a cart or any other way to confirm, you just have to click on the save button and it is done. I had to call Disney because I had booked 2 different excursions for the exact same time(yes, I know it's not suppose to let you do that, but it did). I had questions about each so I called, they had each booked in the system.

I hated the cart way of booking. On my first DCL booking I didn't know I had to check out and couldn't figure out why my selections weren't saved. It took a solid minute or two to figure out. Was tense at a very early hour in the morning trying to get a popular Port Adventure.

I recently booked shore excursions/palo for our upcoming cruise. I received confirmation emails for all but one shore excursion, even though it shows on my daily cruise activities calendar. DCL said it SHOULD be confirmed but there was no way to send the confirmation after the fact!

I checked in over Christmas and all I received via email was a copy of the contract after my online check in was complete. No confirmation of what I booked.

Anyone else want to weigh in on recent experience. Last year my group got confirmation e-mails for everything we booked except one, and that one thing was NOT booked, even though it looked to us that it had been. When we called DCL, they said they had no record of it. They were able to get it for us in a couple of days after a cancellation, so it had a happy ending and they took great care to help us, but errors with the website do happen, and unless the new system no longer sends confirmation e-mails, I would definitely want to call and confirm any excursion that didn't receive a confirmation.

Our window opened at midnight. Many in my FB group still have the old interface, which generates email confirmations. Many of us have the new one, which does not (click “save” and you’re done). The new one is terrible. You can’t see availability across the length of your cruise (you have to click on each day to see what’s offered) and once an activity is booked, you can’t see if other times are available without canceling the existing booking. I was fortunate that a member of our group who has the old version posted availability of all the activities yesterday afternoon, so I had a detailed plan for midnight. Without that, it would have been very difficult to coordinate activities on days and times that work for us.

Of course, there were those who couldn’t get anything to work and were on the phone with DCL this morning.

I don’t know what determines what version of the site you have, but be happy if you haven’t yet been “upgraded.”

Our window opened at midnight. Many in my FB group still have the old interface, which generates email confirmations. Many of us have the new one, which does not (click “save” and you’re done). The new one is terrible. You can’t see availability across the length of your cruise (you have to click on each day to see what’s offered) and once an activity is booked, you can’t see if other times are available without canceling the existing booking. I was fortunate that a member of our group who has the old version posted availability of all the activities yesterday afternoon, so I had a detailed plan for midnight. Without that, it would have been very difficult to coordinate activities on days and times that work for us.

Of course, there were those who couldn’t get anything to work and were on the phone with DCL this morning.

I don’t know what determines what version of the site you have, but be happy if you haven’t yet been “upgraded.”
huh! I wonder if it's browser related? Very odd, but interesting, that they are supporting the site in two ways.

huh! I wonder if it's browser related? Very odd, but interesting, that they are supporting the site in two ways.
Doesn’t seem to be. It’s the same for me regardless of device or browser. I tried everything trying to get to the older version. Not sure what the thinking is, but seems to be account specific.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!