Status
Not open for further replies.
May I bother you with questions? :)

Is the pool open?
Restaurants - sit down?
Bars/lounges?

(coffee maker in room?)

Thanks! Answer when you have time!

I’m not there but scraping info from other posts and boards.

Pools are open
Bars weren’t allowed to open in Florida until today. So it’s likely they will start opening select bars today or this weekend.

Not all restaurants are open. If you want sit down service you best make reservations.

Did you try for a DVC?

I didn't. I should have asked!

How much of a cost difference was that? (I’ve never paid much attention to cabin prices.)

It was switched from a value to one of the campsites and the dining was taken off, so the price came down by about $1000. I'm not sure what the switch to the cabins would have been.

I called right after I wrote my last message because I needed to ask Disney about an email regarding final payment due for my July 4 Riviera stay, which by the way, she confirmed (like we've all said) that final payments are due 7 days before arrival and to disregard any canned emails saying 30 days.

The CM I spoke with regarding my June 10-12 said that ONLY reservations AFTER June 21 will be allowed to reschedule to later this year. EVERYTHING before June 22 is cancelled and not able to reschedule. She then confirmed it with other people when she put me on a brief hold.

So presumably, if you have, for instance, a reservation at a non DVC resort from between June 22-July 11 you can reschedule to later in the year. If you are booked before June 22 you are cancelled. I just confirmed this 2 hours ago with her, and her colleagues.

If you call the reservation line now, there is an announcement that trips scheduled from today (June 5) until June 21 can be modified and to press 1. Reservations from June 22 forward cannot be modified at this point. My TA rescheduled some today. As of now, reservations with check-ins from June 5 - June 21 can be rescheduled to check-ins from July 11 - December 31, 2020, DVC resorts and Ft. W only at this time. Anything beyond June 21 cannot be modified at this time.

Last edited:
While we wait, and because I'm bored at my kid's swim team practice, I'll answer what I have gleaned trying to decide whether to keep our August week at RPR:
Prince Dev posted a really good video from Surfside during the AP preview period where the pool was open. So was their QS and lobby Starbucks. Not sure on the sit-down, or if Endless Summer has one, tbh. I've seen other reports from the Surfside pool bar, and they are indeed open and pouring your favorite libations, while showing what appeared to be HP movies on the TVs. Like I need a reason to desire Hagride any more.
I hadn’t been on Hagrids before so being able to slam rides in today was great! Did get stuck on our 2nd out of 4 rides today. we were on the switch track portion and climbed up the big hill then rolled back But the switch track didn’t properly move into place so the ride cascaded to a stop.

I’m not there but scraping info from other posts and boards.

Pools are open
Bars weren’t allowed to open in Florida until today. So it’s likely they will start opening select bars this weekend.
Not all restaurants are open. If you want sit down service you best make reservations.
Didn’t need reservations at all for sit down... but today was very light also didn’t need any reservations in city walk either. I could see how you would need though seating is very very limited! less tables so on a busier day..

How much of a cost difference was that? (I’ve never paid much attention to cabin prices.)
We are going in August. We considered the cabins at $315 a night with the Sun & Fun offer (when the rumor was MK and MK hotels only), but it was the same price as AKL Standard and slightly less than Wilderness Lodge Standard, which was $357. We figured by the time we paid for the golf cartwe were in deluxe prices.
We ended up keeping our booking at Pop, which was $160/night for a Standard. Who knows what they are charging now?!

I hadn’t been on Hagrids before so being able to slam rides in today was great! Did get stuck on our 2nd out of 4 rides today. we were on the switch track portion and climbed up the big hill then rolled back But the switch track didn’t properly move into place so the ride cascaded to a stop.

I little off topic I know, but compared to other thrill rides at WDW and Universal, how would you rate Hagrids?

I little off topic I know, but compared to other thrill rides at WDW and Universal, how would you rate Hagrids?
Hagrids is one of the best coasters I have ever been on so many great elements loved riding in the sidecar vs on the bike. I think Universal has more thrills than Disney and way more ‘screens‘ booo but that’s why I love Hagrids no screens just a well done coaster that’s thrilling and animatronics + Harry Potter is great. easily the best thrill ride out of the two parks.

Disney has great ones too but for me Disney is more the memories and feelings attached of course. Can’t wait to go in July and go on RoTR.

personal quick ranking of some rides from both at random ‘thrill rides’ (that I’ve been on)

Hagrids > flight of passage > tower of terror > Hulk > Rockin Roller Coaster
‘’just to name a few i think both are great! Just don’t love the screens as much

It was switched from a value to one of the campsites and the dining was taken off, so the price came down by about $1000. I'm not sure what the switch to the cabins would have been.

Thank you for posting your experience. Just want to make sure I'm understanding, you are booked for a campsite which means you need to bring your own tent? Not a cabin?

Hagrids is one of the best coasters I have ever been on so many great elements loved riding in the sidecar vs on the bike. I think Universal has more thrills than Disney and way more ‘screens‘ booo but that’s why I love Hagrids no screens just a well done coaster that’s thrilling and animatronics + Harry Potter is great. easily the best thrill ride out of the two parks.

Disney has great ones too but for me Disney is more the memories and feelings attached of course. Can’t wait to go in July and go on RoTR.

personal quick ranking of some rides from both at random ‘thrill rides’ (that I’ve been on)

Hagrids > flight of passage > tower of terror > Hulk > Rockin Roller Coaster
‘’just to name a few i think both are great! Just don’t love the screens as much
Just wait til Jurrasic Park coaster opens. It will too Hagrids for sure. Multiple launches plus inversions.

Perhaps they are doing this because they know there is a huge backlog of DVC points and they would prefer that DVC members use OR RENT the points to get them used up rather than have them purchased on cash basis.
If a DVC resort villa is being offered as a cash reservation by Disney, it has already been removed from DVC member inventory and cannot be booked by members. In some cases, DVC can claw back a villa from CRO in order for a member to book it, but it is rare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter