Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone who purchased dining plans received a refund yet or heard anything from Disney on a projected timeline?

The e-mail that went out to late June guests last night was correct. As of this morning, guests booked with check-ins from June 5 - June 21 can reschedule their resorts for check-in dates between July 11 - December 31, 2020. They can only modify to DVC resorts and Ft. W. If you call the WDW reservation line, you will hear the message announcing this. Options right now for those guests is to modify, cancel themselves or simply wait for WDW to auto-cancel. If you have a reservation from June 5 - June 21 and want to try to reschedule to DVC or Ft. W, I would encourage you to call WDW or reach out to your TA.

Yes, my TA rescheduled a mid-June value resort stay to a mid-July Ft. W stay.
At rack rates? The discounts we had no longer apply?

Out of curiosity, did anyone in the currently allowed rescheduling period attempt to reschedule a military rate? I'm very curious about what will happen to those. I figured this might provide a few clues.

Hagrids is one of the best coasters I have ever been on so many great elements loved riding in the sidecar vs on the bike. I think Universal has more thrills than Disney and way more ‘screens‘ booo but that’s why I love Hagrids no screens just a well done coaster that’s thrilling and animatronics + Harry Potter is great. easily the best thrill ride out of the two parks.

Disney has great ones too but for me Disney is more the memories and feelings attached of course. Can’t wait to go in July and go on RoTR.

personal quick ranking of some rides from both at random ‘thrill rides’ (that I’ve been on)

Hagrids > flight of passage > tower of terror > Hulk > Rockin Roller Coaster
‘’just to name a few i think both are great! Just don’t love the screens as much

thanks for the response. Based on your response. Seems we have pretty similar interests. You ranked some of my favorites and my order would be similar (aside from Hadrids which I haven’t experienced), except I would probably put R&R ahead of TOT.
We have DVC reservations and 5 day tickets just after the parks open. If we have trouble getting WDW theme park reservations for the 5 days, we may just go to Universal for a day.

I tend to agree with this. Even if they do draw tourists (who are there for Disney, let's be honest) for a few days bookending their trips, I see Universal as a small township where WDW is, quite literally, a city. There are so many gears to get moving again (remember the great hydraulic fluid debate?). At near capacity when factoring in staff, MK alone is larger than Billings, where I live. What HAS been frustrating, however, is just the perceived lack of communication. Maybe because so many of us have invested so much time, money, and emotional energy into our ties with Disney. Now, it FEELS like they are the condescending parent in a time of crisis. Just telling us to sit down, shut up, and relax while the grown ups figure it out. And Universal gets to come off as the cool, rich parents up the street mainly because they are getting the cool toys first.

To the bolded, I know plenty of out of state people who vacation solely at Universal and haven't set foot in Disney for years. So no, tourists aren't all "there for Disney, let's be honest".

To the bolded, I know plenty of out of state people who vacation solely at Universal and haven't set foot in Disney for years. So no, tourists aren't all "there for Disney, let's be honest".
No doubt. But I’m sure it’s the majority.
I grew up with King’s Island in my back yard, and while we were always amazed as kids at the amount of tags from all over North America, we knew it was a “locals park.” Like, 75%+ from a 10 county radius.
Universal, due to the IP draws in more tourists, but I think many see it, at best, as a long weekend park. Nothing to be offended by, it just is what it is.

ETA: All that said, I’m REALLY looking forward to our week in RPR and checking out Sea World/Aquatica while we’re at it.

thanks for the response. Based on your response. Seems we have pretty similar interests. You ranked some of my favorites and my order would be similar (aside from Hadrids which I haven’t experienced), except I would probably put R&R ahead of TOT.
We have DVC reservations and 5 day tickets just after the parks open. If we have trouble getting WDW theme park reservations for the 5 days, we may just go to Universal for a day.

Yea this was just a random sample off the top of my head I really do love them all. And Universal was a nice break. A little more on focus.. as stated Universal is not a City its a much simpler system. But man this has so far been a super great and really easy visit I think they really nailed there procedures based on everything I have seen so far.

It’s not ideal for sure but I’m glad and fortunate enough to have the escape from home for the weekend. Ill be here all weekend visiting the other 2 parks as well.

Cant wait to come back in July for Disney Hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!