Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The gross things I’ve seen guests do at Six Flags Great Adventure would make an iron stomach churn. I used to go to Elitch Gardens and their water park connected to it out when I lived in Denver. The theme park was used as a substitute for a babysitter. I’ve seen 10-12 year olds dropped off at the front gate by themselves as their parents sped off after telling them to have a good day. And at the Waterpark parent would let their toddlers run around with no clothes and get in the pools. Local parks are fun for a day trip when I feel like getting on rollercoasters, but they’re really disgusting. So would I trust SFGA or any of my local parks enough to be clean during this period of time and go? Absolutely not.

Yeah and I'm not sure who I would trust less on adhering to safety protocols, the guests or the staff. That last time I went, every smoking area reeked of cigs full of decidedly non-tobacco product and sullen employees were passing by with indifference, as one example. No way do I trust SFGA in this era. There's too much apathy in that place.

I am an amusement park fan and visit multiple parks a year. I like riding coasters. Theming doesn't do much for me.

What I was talking about was once the pandemic is over people are more likely to go to their local park versus a Disney vacation as financially many won't be able to afford it due to the economy being bad.

Yeah, I still just don’t see the local parks as a “if we can’t go to Disney, we’ll go here instead” kind of thing as a replacement.

At that point, if the economy is in serious trouble, the local parks won’t be thriving either. They’ll be in trouble too.

But ... we can agree to disagree :)

Yeah, I still just don’t see the local parks as a “if we can’t go to Disney, we’ll go here instead” kind of thing as a replacement.

At that point, if the economy is in serious trouble, the local parks won’t be thriving either. They’ll be in trouble too.

But ... we can agree to disagree :)

Definitely not a replacement for me. I couldn’t care less about other parks. I feel like this conversation happens every other day.
I’m putting my vacation/dining out/hair cuts money into fixing up my house until this crap ends.

I love this video DLPreport posted from the press day at Disneyland Paris earlier this week about the approach. It is in French but there are English subtitles available.

Today and tomorrow are the CM previews in Paris and several DLP Facebook groups have someone present. Usually ED92 has good content. Also pixiedust.be and insidethemagic are also on my watch list.

Last edited:

Happy opening day to MK and AK
everyone coming please be mindful of the rules
Please ignore hateful and alarmist comments and make decisions that make the most sense to you and yours
I'm zagging when everyone is zigging today, headed to universal to check if there's any impact on crowds now that Disney is reopening.

Someone got affronted when I said it a few pages ago but I agree. If you're not a coaster fanatic or a parent of small kids there's not much to speak of park wise within driving distance of NYC. I literally would not go back to Six Flags for free. That's not hyperbole either, considering the last time I went there it was legitimately for free back when they were running a promo for passholders to bring a friend for free Friday, I went with my friends and had an abject time holding their crap all day and playing Bejeweled on my phone while they went on coasters. It was filthy. Every time I go there is worse than the last and I'm always gobsmacked by how absolutely chintzy and tacky the place is for how much they charge to get in. Hershey is at least clean and well kept with semi-decent food but again if you're not into coasters there's not much for you except Chocolate World (which is really cool, but not worth the drive on its own imo). I was born in NYC and lived here all but 2 years of my life and I feel like it says a lot that I've never had an annual/season pass for a park except for a place I have to get on a plane to visit. All these local places are generic and basically the same to me except for cleanliness level and what IPs they've licensed, I'm not a commando type crossing "world's craziest ____" rides off a list and that's why they don't do anything for me. I want the full package of immersion, a diversity of attractions, thoughtful theming, etc that I can only get at Disney.

If I don't go to Disney I'm staying home or seeking out something besides parks.
Ditto. I grew up around the NYC area, then moved to NC. Six Flags close to both. Neither have ever been a draw for me, as a kid or an adult. The very few times I've been as an adult I spent so much time noticing how dirty everything seemed. Eek. Not for me.

2.5 hours. The email says
If you were impacted by this error and incurred bank fees or other harm as a result, please contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277 for assistance.
I was done with this whole thing, I stressed out for 2 days because I didn't know when the money would be put back in especially when I emailed guest relations and they said 7-10 days.
This girl didn't even know about the email, I had to read it to her, then she puts me on hold and tells me that right now they are just taking guests information, and if I didn't incur in any financial fees there was nothing she could do. I asked her what the "other harm" wording meant...she stumbled the answer, had no clue
I was done with it, I only called cause of the email. What is wrong with Disney AP services? do they really want to get rid of us this much?

They are taking information?!!!

I knew it was gonna be some bs.

Didn’t know about the email?

Why would I think they actually were doing some coordinated rollout for guest satisfaction?

Over 2 hours?!?!

You don’t know where those no shows came from. There’s at least 1 member here that got an AP preview pass but was never going to go. There could be a ton of those cases. There’s no restrictions on who was and wasn’t able to apply for the previews

I reserved tickets and most certainly would’ve gone had the numbers not continued to go sky high. I’m sure a lot of people went ahead and reserved hoping things would improve. I have no doubt the low attendance was due to the skyrocketing cases.

We wanted to badly enough we even considered renting an RV so we’d be self contained, but in the end, common sense prevailed.

Devs video was really good today. Showed tons of stuff. Like his much better than trackers to be honest

I've really been enjoying Dev's videos - he has great charisma and also relays all of the important info that people need to know before going. I also loved Adam the Woo's vlog from the AP day. You could tell how genuinely excited he was to be there - said he could barely sleep the night before due to his excitement, then stayed from rope drop to park close. In contrast, Tim seemed less than enthused to be there, arrived at noon and left a few hours later. I think he and Jenn are also much more cautious with the virus which is very understandable. He wouldn't do any indoor rides or the indoor "relaxation station" which I think is wise. I was really surprised that Disney has an indoor area with AC for people to relax in with their masks off. That would be a big nope for me, no matter how hot it is outside.

The sight of that hotel though....😭😭

Im so anti themes opening right now (had you noticed?)

But look at it!!! Look at it!!! I hope the world is in a better place next year so we can all get back safely to our Disney happy places.

It's beautiful - we went last summer and wished we had stayed there instead of their version of the Yacht Club resort. Quite a bit more expensive though, but after seeing it we agreed that it would have been worth paying extra for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter