Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stuck on this: why would they get rid of luggage delivery?
It’s for arrival after 7/13 meaning they do it now and obviously have some sort of protocol.
Doesn’t everyone coming on DME then dropping luggage at front desk/bell service negate any benefits from the nearly-mandatory online check in?
What am I missing with this particular change?

They removed chairs so TMs couldn’t sit in groups. There is only one chair per table. There are normally more TMs on break than there are chairs to sit in. Many TMs are left to eat standing up.

Perhaps their management needs to work on staggering breaks.

An interesting update to the whole FuelRod paid swap thing at the parks, I'm curious to see how quickly the machines at the parks pick up on this "founder status" free swapping. I'm currently filling out all of the information to try and prove my status... Unfortunately, I don't have an email receipt and don't entirely remember which trip I bought the darn thing on but I know it was well before the cutoff. Fingers crossed!

I have newer and better chargers at this point, but the fuelrod is pretty much useless to me if it isn't free to swap. That was the whole point.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/07/fuel...y-adopters-ending-lawsuit-over-paid-swapping/

I applied for my founder status yesterday! I got super lucky and was able to dig up an email receipt. The only time we ever use FuelRods is at WDW and like you said, they’re not even that great :laughing: but they’re convenient and I’d much rather avoid $3 a pop to use something I already have.

Can someone please point me where can I post a really interesting report from CDC related to the virus? I know It`d be out of topic here but I`d like to share it on the appropriate forum.

Thank you

PS please don`t say TPAS (or something like that `cause that wont`t help me... maybe a link :) )
The alternative version of this thread in community called grand reopening reclosing (or something like that)

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grand-opening-grand-closing-florida.3804441/

Unfortunately most breakrooms are small. Staggering breaks won't work, they need a larger space at VB, or to use one of the closed quick services for tm

I'm surprised they (probably companies all over US) didn't think of this sooner. Of course employees will need to social distance while eating lunch.

Hopefully they come up with a solution. :)

I dare anyone not to be freaked out and call into question affiliated to Disney locations (Disney Springs) on their handing of Covid. This situation in Orlando seems worse than is being let on if that thread is in any way correct.
It really shouldn't be surprising considering the numbers each day.

I am stuck on this: why would they get rid of luggage delivery?
It’s for arrival after 7/13 meaning they do it now and obviously have some sort of protocol.
Doesn’t everyone coming on DME then dropping luggage at front desk/bell service negate any benefits from the nearly-mandatory online check in?
What am I missing with this particular change?
I figure it’s because with less guests arriving and less luggage to be delivered, it’s not efficient for them anymore. In a pre-covid world, I’m sure a luggage “load” would fill up quickly and getting bags to rooms on time is pretty simple, but if 15-20% (or maybe even less, who knows?) of that number are now arriving, how long would some folks‘ luggage have to sit at the airport waiting on a full load to be taken to the resort?

I'm hoping this is the Disney Springs equivalent of bus driver rumors. Or maybe the server's name was Sven?

I applied for my founder status yesterday! I got super lucky and was able to dig up an email receipt. The only time we ever use FuelRods is at WDW and like you said, they’re not even that great :laughing: but they’re convenient and I’d much rather avoid $3 a pop to use something I already have.
I keep my email pretty clean so I think that receipt is LONG gone :\ Hopefully they can verify me through my cards. I had to take a wild guess on which month I purchased it in... I visit a lot some years 🤣

An interesting update to the whole FuelRod paid swap thing at the parks, I'm curious to see how quickly the machines at the parks pick up on this "founder status" free swapping. I'm currently filling out all of the information to try and prove my status... Unfortunately, I don't have an email receipt and don't entirely remember which trip I bought the darn thing on but I know it was well before the cutoff. Fingers crossed!

I have newer and better chargers at this point, but the fuelrod is pretty much useless to me if it isn't free to swap. That was the whole point.

https://blogmickey.com/2020/07/fuel...y-adopters-ending-lawsuit-over-paid-swapping/

I'm filling out my informatio now. I know when I got it since I have that in my bank records but not sure what the credit card number was at the time. I think I found it but not 100% sure. So we'll see what happens.

I wouldn't pay the $3/pop. Fuelrods are low capaciity but at WDW it is convient to just be able to swap them out whenever you need a new one. Anytime I walk near one of the machines I normally swap it out if I've used it at all (even if not empty).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter