Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don`t feel it`s breaking the rules but I get what you are saying.

The quote also says due to attendance limitations so I would think If the limitation is still not reached that day it won`t be breaking the rules providing the ticket you have is a park hopper.

For my understanding the quote means at the time of making the reservation you can only select one park per day.

I might be wrong though....
There is next to no chance this will work when Disney has been so vocal about there not being park hopping right now. If it worked it would only be a glitch and it would be rectified quickly.

Most likely this is how park hopping will work though once that returns to being available. Plus doing this as a “work around” would be against Disney rules and thus really can’t be discussed on this board.

I was not trying to break any rules. I cannot believe that the are those so negative that they immediately think the worst. I asked the question because sometimes Disney says that you can’t do something and when you go to MDE you actually can. I have had that happen in the past, including as recently as last week. Here, I was thinking Disney would want people to go to Epcot at night even though they have said no park hopping so I was wondering if any or some AP resort guest could make a second reservation. It would be Disney’s opportunity to try something and see if it was manageable. While they are not selling park hoppers, Disney could work around their new no park hopping policy using APs that have already paid for park hopping as their trial. Please don’t immediately think the worst of people.

No, never has been. This is not the place to discuss the ins and outs of Covid in Florida. This is for updates in and about the theme parks due to the Covid closures. Posting daily number totals is one thing. Going on and on about it is another.

I think it is important for the numbers to be reported here so people can see and make informed decisions about their possible upcoming trips but that is all.
Got it, thanks for the explanation (and apologies for what reads like a pretty snarky post).

Do we know if anyone will be streaming from the previews at EPCOT tomorrow? I really want to know if they’ll be using mobile order at F&W and if the bakeries (France and Norway) are really closed.
I don't think the food booths will be offerings mobile order simply because you can look at the list of MO restaurants on the app and the food booths are not listed. I hope they do though

I was not trying to break any rules. I cannot believe that the are those so negative that they immediately think the worst. I asked the question because sometimes Disney says that you can’t do something and when you go to MDE you actually can. I have had that happen in the past, including as recently as last week. Here, I was thinking Disney would want people to go to Epcot at night even though they have said no park hopping so I was wondering if any or some AP resort guest could make a second reservation. It would be Disney’s opportunity to try something and see if it was manageable. While they are not selling park hoppers, Disney could work around their new no park hopping policy using APs that have already paid for park hopping as their trial. Please don’t immediately think the worst of people.

I`m right with you here! I was schooled too by someone "not to break the rules". I don`t think my suggestions was breaking the rules :)

The problem with discussing things that break the rules of WDW, I imagine are because they dont want people going to the parks with the intention of bending the rules or finding a loophole and if they get caught say “I was told on the DISboards that I can do this”. That hurts the reputation of the site and people like Pete. Thats why I assume those types of rules here are in place. Maybe I’m wrong

So... no Magical Express luggage services soon. Basically everyone is going to need to visit the desk now to drop their luggage with bell services. This seems counterproductive to me... I am sure that it is financially based, but what are your thoughts?

So... no Magical Express luggage services soon. Basically everyone is going to need to visit the desk now to drop their luggage with bell services. This seems counterproductive to me... I am sure that it is financially based, but what are your thoughts?
I used to really enjoy the luggage service on The Magical Express. One trip they didn’t get our luggage to our rooms for over a day. Usually it was great but since that day we have just picked up our own luggage at baggage claim, brought it to the bus, then brought it to our rooms ourself. Just saves us any possible headaches.

Ive become spoiled that I wont go down without renting a car, so if my room isnt ready, the bags just stay in the car. But this way really seems like it defeats the point of encouraging people not to visit the front desk. People arent going to want to sit around or walk around the resort with their stuff until their room is ready, so theres going to be a lot of bags left with bell services which will inevitably force people to interact with CMs

We had an interesting experience at Restaurantosaurus today at noon. It was not busy. We ordered at the register to get the TIW discount. (BTW, the CM who was managing today told us that they have been asking IT to add TIW to mobile ordering.)

We got our food very quickly, picked up our drinks, and sat in the dining area to the right, just outside of the camper dining area.

There was a party of 10 plus people seated a few tables away. One member of that party decided to get into a full-on COVID-19 argument with some of his companions. He was yelling at them.

One CM looked like he wanted to ask the guy to stop, but the CM did not intervene. Other diners in the room looked shocked, just as we were.

After two minutes of listening to his rant, we loaded all of our food back onto the trays and moved to the camper room. We could still hear his voice, but not the specifics.

I didn’t want to hear that argument while on a family vacation. It’s WDW, folks. Leave the hot takes at home.

Also, did I mention that it’s hot here?

Bell services will probably adjust and do something send people to the buses when they arrive to take bags right away. I don’t think people will be lining up at the bell desk.

I worked at a deluxe when DME was implemented. Before DME launched, bell services met people as they got off the Mears bus and loaded up carts. Just like if you pulled up in a car. You didn’t drag your luggage in to the bell desk.

ETA: I’m just realizing I think you were talking about on the way home - even still, I think a lot of people will choose to have bell services pick up luggage at their room to
not wait in line at the desk. Many people who don’t do luggage check in have bell services pick up their bags at their room. Or are they not doing that?

Last edited:
We had an interesting experience at Restaurantosaurus today at noon. It was not busy. We ordered at the register to get the TIW discount. (BTW, the CM who was managing today told us that they have been asking IT to add TIW to mobile ordering.)

We got our food very quickly, picked up our drinks, and sat in the dining area to the right, just outside of the camper dining area.

There was a party of 10 plus people seated a few tables away. One member of that party decided to get into a full-on COVID-19 argument with some of his companions. He was yelling at them.

One CM looked like he wanted to ask the guy to stop, but the CM did not intervene. Other diners in the room looked shocked, just as we were.

After two minutes of listening to his rant, we loaded all of our food back onto the trays and moved to the camper room. We could still hear his voice, but not the specifics.

I didn’t want to hear that argument while on a family vacation. It’s WDW, folks. Leave the hot takes at home.

Sounds like members of the DIS community boards decided to go meet up for lunch

How long have you all been able to stay in the parks before surrendering to go back to the resort? I'm a Floridian and we surrendered after 4 hours. I'm pretty confident the heat is the reason the parks are somewhat empty, because the capacity is set for the day and if everyone just spends a few hours each then the parks will always seem a bit empty. Orlando was another 104*F heat index today.

Hoping this means they’ll allow for earlier check in during this period so people can drop bags and get out of the lobby ASAP. Otherwise that’s a whole lot of CM/guest interaction.

I’m sure it’s a cost cutting measure for now. And for safety of their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter