Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
headed to Sea World this evening to check out their Electric Ocean Remix event, currently SW is he only park offering fireworks to end the night, should be interesting
SeaWorld extended their awesome military deal to veterans. I’ll probably wait until September or October, but I’m really looking forward to the trip, and some nice coaster rides.

So the hotels at Disney and the parks are filled with only locals and people that drove down to Disney? If the answer is “No” then your comment is false. Disney wouldn’t be looking to “jam pack” the hotels and/or parks.
Which is it. Are they filled or do they need to advertise to get more customers? You”re the one saying they need more customers so they should advertise
you do not understand how as spending works. They would not take commercial inventory to get 100 families.

That's our plan. Lunch at Homecomin' then out of there.

We dined at Homecoming twice this week, primarily because their new outdoor patio is comfortable even in the horrific heat. I won't eat indoors right now and patio options are fairly limited on property. They have lots of fans going, plus some breeze coming off the water side (since they aren't smashed in between buildings), and it was very comfortable.

We did breakfast at 9:30 (lots of people opted for patio) and lunch at 11:30 (we were the only party on the patio) and weren't hot either time.

I would hit any stores you want before lunch - it was significantly busier at 12:30 when we finished lunch and crowds were pouring in from the parking garage.

Which is it. Are they filled or do they need to advertise to get more customers? You”re the one saying they need more customers so they should advertise
you do not understand how as spending works. They would not take commercial inventory to get 100 families.

I think you completely missed the overarching point of my posts

- People say Disney is desperate for money

- Disney isnt advertising towards cash paying guests

- Advertisement draws people in. Yes, even in a pandemic. YOU may not be traveling. People you know might not be traveling. But people ARE traveling. Not as much as usual, but people are still traveling

- If Disney were as desperate for cash paying guests, they would be advertising the reopening...They are not.

All that to say the assumptions that Disney is desperate and underwhelmed may be a little overstated.

Are they struggling for money? Yes. Everyone outside of essential stores and plexiglass manufacturers are struggling for money. But desperate company’s try anything they can to get business. The fact that not only are they not trying to bring in out of state guests, but they’re trying to convince them to wait until next year means that they aren’t as bad off as some posters on other boards claim.

Closing rides and attractions that didn’t generate volume prior to the shutdown dont show much.

I think you completely missed the overarching point of my posts

- People say Disney is desperate for money

- Disney isnt advertising towards cash paying guests

- Advertisement draws people in. Yes, even in a pandemic. YOU may not be traveling. People you know might not be traveling. But people ARE traveling. Not as much as usual, but people are still traveling

- If Disney were as desperate for cash paying guests, they would be advertising the reopening...They are not.

All that to say the assumptions that Disney is desperate and underwhelmed may be a little overstated.

Are they struggling for money? Yes. Everyone outside of essential stores and plexiglass manufacturers are struggling for money. But desperate company’s try anything they can to get business. The fact that not only are they not trying to bring in out of state guests, but they’re trying to convince them to wait until next year means that they aren’t as bad off as some posters on other boards claim.

Closing rides and attractions that didn’t generate volume prior to the shutdown dont show much.
How do you know what my travel plans are?

consumervconfidence is at an overwhelming low right now. Although a few people you know may be traveling the overwhelming majority of the country is not keen at the moment for unnecessary expenditures. That’s the fact.

and you don’t waste advertising capital in that environment. It’s irresponsible for a company to do so.

How do you know what my travel plans are?

consumervconfidence is at an overwhelming low right now. Although a few people you know may be traveling the overwhelming majority of the country is not keen at the moment for unnecessary expenditures. That’s the fact.

and you don’t waste advertising capital in that environment. It’s irresponsible for a company to do so.

1st of all, I said you may not be traveling. I never said, “you aren’t traveling”.

No one said travel isnt at an all time low. Doesn’t mean its non existent. There are plenty of people that dont live in driving distance of Florida that are in the parks right now. Its probably a majority of locals, but its certainly not all. Which means there is a slice of the US that are still willing to go to Disney. Myself being one of them.

There are plenty of company’s advertising in this environment or else there would be no commercials. The commercials during last nights NBA games weren’t free for those company’s. So while it may be “irresponsible”, company’s are still trying. You think people have 60,000 dollars for a new car right now? Not as many as before the shutdown, but people are still buying new cars or they wouldnt be advertising them.

With regards to the discussion on advertising, I can confirm that Disney has been actively advertising in my area since about a week after the parks opened. I usually see it in my email account or other websites I frequent. They have a couple ads, one with Mickey and the other with Edna Mode emphasizing the virus safety procedures. Clicking on the ads takes you directly to the Disney website where the safety procedures and protocols are discussed. Ironically, these ads frequently show up in tandem with a SW airlines ad. Obviously they aren't going to be advertising in every geographic area (which is why many of you aren't aware they're advertising), but they are heavily advertising in my area.

FWIW, I do live in an area that has had a very low rate of Covid cases, and it's possible that is something they're looking for before getting ads out. However, in hindsight, this could just mean that I'm labeled as a sucker in their system, so they're just throwing out an ad with a high rack rate because they think I'm likely to bite :rolleyes2

APs must be happy about this.

I can see the lowest level being unhappy about it. But there’s no free parking or discounts with this ticket. I’m happy because I think my mom will probably get one and I’ll have someone to go with. Going alone is lonely now with the physical distancing in place- no more random convos with strangers. She won’t need free parking or discounts because I have those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!