Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, If I did the math right, it comes out to $1.10 a day. The top tier AP comes out to $1.35 a day

And you don't get AP benefits with that ticket, so i don't see it upsetting APs that much

I can see the lowest level being unhappy about it. But there’s no free parking or discounts with this ticket. I’m happy because I think my mom will probably get one and I’ll have someone to go with. Going alone is lonely now with the physical distancing in place- no more random convos with strangers. She won’t need free parking or discounts because I have those.

If I were a Florida resident, I’d absolutely get this for my trip in August and October. I planned on going to Universal in October even after the cancellation of HHN because I havent ridden Hagrids yet. I havent looked, are there non-local deals going on for UOR?

eh, If I did the math right, it comes out to $1.10 a day. The top tier AP comes out to $1.35 a day

And you don't get AP benefits with that ticket, so i don't see it upsetting APs that much

I forgot about the free parking and discounts. But APs already lost out on their free HHN ticket, I havent heard if they’re being compensated for that. But at least they’re still able to park hop with their APs

Maybe it's just me as a I haven't really focused on wait times too much, but it seems that with the heat index, afternoon storms, and cleaning shutdowns, etc. that the wait times are all over the place. With the exception of weekends seemingly being more crowded, it seems very difficult to form any kind of definite of when best to hit each park. I've seen high and low times for each park on many different days. Generally, it seems more luck of the draw, IMO anyway.

I forgot about the free parking and discounts. But APs already lost out on their free HHN ticket, I havent heard if they’re being compensated for that. But at least they’re still able to park hop with their APs

Ya not sure about that. I know it's one 1 per AP year, and I used mine last year (I bought mine during the get 6 months free), so wouldn't be able to use it this year anyway

1st of all, I said you may not be traveling. I never said, “you aren’t traveling”.

No one said travel isnt at an all time low. Doesn’t mean its non existent. There are plenty of people that dont live in driving distance of Florida that are in the parks right now. Its probably a majority of locals, but its certainly not all. Which means there is a slice of the US that are still willing to go to Disney. Myself being one of them.

There are plenty of company’s advertising in this environment or else there would be no commercials. The commercials during last nights NBA games weren’t free for those company’s. So while it may be “irresponsible”, company’s are still trying. You think people have 60,000 dollars for a new car right now? Not as many as before the shutdown, but people are still buying new cars or they wouldnt be advertising them.

I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth. I've watched at least a little of every single NBA game that's aired so far (I'm in CT, BTW). I'm also a huge WDW fan (usually go 4 - 5 times per year). They are not advertising during the games in my area. I think it would be a huge waste of money where I live. For one, I don't think a typical NBA fan is their demographic to begin with. Also, we have quarantines both going and coming back. People around here are traveling, but most people I know are doing road trips and no family I know that might be a casual or first-time WDW visitor is contemplating going at all (and I know a few who were planning trips prior to all that has transpired). Most people up here are just trying to get their kids prepared to go back to school. As I said, I'm a very frequent visitor and, while I have trips on the books for November and December, they are completely up in the air. I think Disney has done a nice job of showing some WDW shots during the NBA broadcasts - I noticed a shot of GF the other day and the entrance of WDW last night during games. That's a great, free way of reminding people where these games are being played and showing the fun (IMHO) of WDW. I think Disney is going to be very careful where they spend their ad dollars right now, so I'm not surprised they aren't directly advertising WDW vacations in the NE area via the games at this time.

Top tier ap’s (like me) are the real unhappy ones now, but nothing to do with this ticket. That pass includes free valet parking but there’s no valet now; free HHN ticket which is cancelled; and free express after 4, which normally provided 3-5 hours; now it’s 2-3. Uni does need to compensate for that. Personally idc about the loss of valet as I never used it, but it’s the point.

Maybe it's just me as a I haven't really focused on wait times too much, but it seems that with the heat index, afternoon storms, and cleaning shutdowns, etc. that the wait times are all over the place. With the exception of weekends seemingly being more crowded, it seems very difficult to form any kind of definite of when best to hit each park. I've seen high and low times for each park on many different days. Generally, it seems more luck of the draw, IMO anyway.

Also because of all that stuff, because the majority of the guests are locals, theres usually a mass exit in the middle of the day which lower the wait times later in the day. Other than Yullin’s post last night, I havent heard any local’s report on how the closing situation has been.

The free hhn ticket is only for the very top tier . I have the 3 park preferred ap which includes parking and discounts and it comes out to $24 a month for the 15 months they give us.

Top tier ap’s (like me) are the real unhappy ones now, but nothing to do with this ticket. That pass includes free valet parking but there’s no valet now; free HHN ticket which is cancelled; and free express after 4, which normally provided 3-5 hours; now it’s 2-3. Uni does need to compensate for that. Personally idc about the loss of valet as I never used it, but it’s the point.

I guess it's because how Disney has treated AP through this, all that hasn't dawned on me. I used Valet all the time as well.

I'll throw my 2 cents in for what it's worth. I've watched at least a little of every single NBA game that's aired so far (I'm in CT, BTW). I'm also a huge WDW fan (usually go 4 - 5 times per year). They are not advertising during the games in my area. I think it would be a huge waste of money where I live. For one, I don't think a typical NBA fan is their demographic to begin with. Also, we have quarantines both going and coming back. People around here are traveling, but most people I know are doing road trips and no family I know that might be a casual or first-time WDW visitor is contemplating going at all (and I know a few who were planning trips prior to all that has transpired). Most people up here are just trying to get their kids prepared to go back to school. As I said, I'm a very frequent visitor and, while I have trips on the books for November and December, they are completely up in the air. I think Disney has done a nice job of showing some WDW shots during the NBA broadcasts - I noticed a shot of GF the other day and the entrance of WDW last night during games. That's a great, free way of reminding people where these games are being played and showing the fun (IMHO) of WDW. I think Disney is going to be very careful where they spend their ad dollars right now, so I'm not surprised they aren't directly advertising WDW vacations in the NE area via the games at this time.

They have an NBA experience at Disney Springs, and ESPNZone on the boardwalk gets very busy during playoff season, thats where I usually go for the games on my May/June trips and its usually a 1-2 hour wait just to sit at the bar. So I’m not sure they’re not the targeted demographic. Not to mention the games that are on ESPN/ABC probably arent as expensive to advertise on as say NBC or CBS.

But as @Friendlyadvice2 said, there are advertisements going on in certain areas and they might just be careful not to advertise to residents in areas that would need to quarantine

But they’re still offering the big perks of the AP. Park hopping being one of them. No reservations needed. Completely different parks than WDW, but I think Universal has done a much better job with their APs.

I guess it's because how Disney has treated AP through this, all that hasn't dawned on me. I used Valet all the time as well.
But they’re still offering the big perks of the AP. Park hopping being one of them. No reservations needed. Completely different parks than WDW, but I think Universal has done a much better job with their APs.

Yes, Uni has treated their AP’s much better, no doubt there. Doesn’t change that the value of the premier pass is much diminished though. I’d be happy if they just added another month onto the pass to make up for it.

1st of all, I said you may not be traveling. I never said, “you aren’t traveling”.

No one said travel isnt at an all time low. Doesn’t mean its non existent. There are plenty of people that dont live in driving distance of Florida that are in the parks right now. Its probably a majority of locals, but its certainly not all. Which means there is a slice of the US that are still willing to go to Disney. Myself being one of them.

There are plenty of company’s advertising in this environment or else there would be no commercials. The commercials during last nights NBA games weren’t free for those company’s. So while it may be “irresponsible”, company’s are still trying. You think people have 60,000 dollars for a new car right now? Not as many as before the shutdown, but people are still buying new cars or they wouldnt be advertising them.
You have no idea how advertising works. It Ad spending is tanking right now in reflection of the level of consumer spending. Many of the commercials you are seeing are what is called liability burn. Advertisers are owed money for ads that did not air or did not deliver the promised return. To spend money on advertising to chase customers, a minority of whom are not going to travel right now would not be intelligent business

Yes, Uni has treated their AP’s much better, no doubt there. Doesn’t change that the value of the premier pass is much diminished though. I’d be happy if they just added another month onto the pass to make up for it.

I wouldnt be surprised if they bring back the 6 months free offering to the Universal AP. I dont go to Universal very often, but when that deal was going on, I was a couple clicks of the mouse away from taking advantage of that

I wouldnt be surprised if they bring back the 6 months free offering to the Universal AP. I dont go to Universal very often, but when that deal was going on, I was a couple clicks of the mouse away from taking advantage of that

Only reason why I bought mine when I did. I was going to hhn that year anyway. So just made even more sense

You have no idea how advertising works. It Ad spending is tanking right now in reflection of the level of consumer spending. Many of the commercials you are seeing are what is called liability burn. Advertisers are owed money for ads that did not air or did not deliver the promised return. To spend money on advertising to chase customers, a minority of whom are not going to travel right now would not be intelligent business

People weren’t traveling after the 2008 recession. Tourism was way, way down. But this commercial came out in February of 2009.

Yet, they spent money on advertising to chase customers. Was this commercial a liability burn? I’m gonna go with, no.

And by the way in terms of the perception issue you are also way off
Do you know that when there is an airline disaster all airlines regularly pull advertising for weeks at a time? Tourism advertising is very skittish about airing commercials that appear to be ill timed...you probably find this hysterical tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!