Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn’t that just a few reality shows and a couple soaps? Don’t think most tv that would be filming by now for Fall is back to filming yet in CA...
Yeah I don’t think most shows are back filming yet. I know a bunch are hoping for 9/1 starts. Some movies are returning to filming. The Hallmark Christmas movies have started filming in Canada. But I wouldn’t classify it as most shows have returned to filming.

Isn’t that just a few reality shows and a couple soaps? Don’t think most tv that would be filming by now for Fall is back to filming yet in CA...
No much more than that, however they are still down about 60% from what would normally be in production in California. It picks up a good bit by the end of the month.

Film production workers are "essential workers" in California

pilots, and lots of on studio lot productions, multiple films, The tv episodic shows will begin a in few weeks. Large productions worldwide of course, Matrix 4, Jurassic Park etc. plus the live show Big Brother, AGT, The Voice. Fargo is starting up in Chicago, and many more are stating up in NYC in the next few weeks

Like Mit88 said lots of Georgia activity, MCU, Tyler Perry, Walking Dead/Stranger Things and so on

I was impressed they pulled off filming season 12 of American Ninja Warrior last month in St. Louis

Last edited:

Yeah I don’t think most shows are back filming yet. I know a bunch are hoping for 9/1 starts. Some movies are returning to filming. The Hallmark Christmas movies have started filming in Canada. But I wouldn’t classify it as most shows have returned to filming.
54EE27BA-A9C0-4216-9778-9761EEA75138.jpeg

I would assume they’re probably another 2-3 weeks away from shooting, so that 9/1 timeline is probably right (for now). That’s also Georgia. Different rules and regulations than in California right now. And if all goes well and proves to be safe, other studios will quickly follow

How are the buses running at Pop now? Are the wait times still long for rope drop arrival and at close? I’m mostly interested in MK and DHS.
We were at pop this last week, bus waits are long for MK at opening. The first day we went to MK, we waited about an hour. We got to the stop around 8. On our next MK day, we went around 9:30 instead and it wasn’t bad, maybe 15-20 min?
HS is Skyliner. Just a heads up, DS busses are pretty long waits in the late afternoon/evenings to and from pop as well.

So according to the calendar, there's no availability for HS for passholders on 9/4 but I just booked two spots. Repeating what others have said- don't trust the calendar, just try to book it and see what happens.
yup. I've been able to book a park twice now by just randomly going through the process instead of refreshing the calendar.

I wonder if the calendar shows zero when availability hits a certain low point? It’s better to have people pleasantly surprised than frustrated because the calandar showed availability but then the reservation didn’t go through because someone grabbed the last spot in the minute it took to navigate through everything.

We are at the Swan and popped over to Epcot at 630pm. It was a normal day crowd wise IMO. Not Saturday F&WF but otherwise pretty normal. At 8pm we walked past Frozen, hoping to ride, and the line wrapped back behind Akersus. We kept on walking.

Crowds were thick in places, esp navigating past the new Starbucks, and our Figment ride at 830pm was full (one party per car). IME that's pretty unusual.

No big mask issues but you have to be okay walking close to people for short bursts of time, especially in tighter areas (like France).

We ate at the new BBQ place and it was busy.

After seeing the crowds from 630-9, I'm a tad surprised they are trimming the hours but this weekend may just be a fluke.

I will also say this: food options near the Boardwalk are pitiful at night. We left Epcot right at 9. No carts open, bakery was closed, gift shop was closed, and Trattoria was closed. Pizza window line was loooong. Passed people trying to get into giftshop just for a drink and were turned away. Family behind us were trying to figure out what to do for dinner because everything was closing. Swan quick service was closing, coffee shop was closed already, and there was a huge crowd outside Il Mulino waiting. It'd be wise to think ahead right now.

Disney COULD be raking it in by just opening a cart on the Boardwalk right now but they aren't for some reason.

I love it. Two of the bigger amusement park companies are working to make their AP holders feel like it's worth it. Cedar Fair extended all passes to include next season and Universal is always doing something for their AP holders. Then you have Lex Luthor who doesn't think they are worth doing anything for.

I will also say this: food options near the Boardwalk are pitiful at night. We left Epcot right at 9. No carts open, bakery was closed, gift shop was closed, and Trattoria was closed. Pizza window line was loooong. Passed people trying to get into giftshop just for a drink and were turned away. Family behind us were trying to figure out what to do for dinner because everything was closing. Swan quick service was closing, coffee shop was closed already, and there was a huge crowd outside Il Mulino waiting. It'd be wise to think ahead right now.

Disney COULD be raking it in by just opening a cart on the Boardwalk right now but they aren't for some reason.

The Boardwalk is my favorite non park spot in WDW so this sounds extra depressing to me. It is nuts that they are closing the Screen Door shop so early - surely they’d make some money selling snacks and drinks out of there for at least an hour after park closing. I have not kept up with the status of TS restaurants - is ESPN or Big River open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter