Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a (non-DCL) 10 day cruise scheduled for next April that I'm sure we will be cancelling (unless it is cancelled for us, still a possibility) and rescheduling sometime in the future. I remember reading a while back some cruise line COVID changes being proposed and the one that stated broadcasting the muster drill on the TVs instead of attending in person was one I would love to be permanent.

So they’re making it all about safety which we know doesn’t exactly add up. Some forms yes, but not all of them.
i could have sworn there were multiple comments about how entertainment is getting cut and we won't have these things return in any capacity until 2023 and when they do it is only going to be the ROI items.
andyman said weeks ago that these cuts were not strictly because of covid and rollback to run leaner had been in the works for a while. That’s why people fear them not coming back. Anyone saying none of them will come back is just wrong, but all 720 coming back in the same capacity doesn’t seem realistic either.

Last edited:
We have a (non-DCL) 10 day cruise scheduled for next April that I'm sure we will be cancelling (unless it is cancelled for us, still a possibility) and rescheduling sometime in the future. I remember reading a while back some cruise line COVID changes being proposed and the one that stated broadcasting the muster drill on the TVs instead of attending in person was one I would love to be permanent.
That would be a fantastic permanent change!

It’s the fear of not being able to get off the ship that would scare me too with cruising now. We pushed our 12/20 cruise to 12/21 and hope it’ll be better by then.

So they’re making it all about safety which we know doesn’t exactly add up. Some forms yes, but not all of them.

andyman said weeks ago that these cuts were not strictly because of covid and rollback to run leaner had been in the works for a while. That’s why people fear them not coming back. Anyone saying none of them will come back is just wrong, but all 720 coming back in the same capacity doesn’t seem realistic either.

It's the "coming back at the same capacity" that worries me the most. For example, in a year or so they could announce that FotLK is coming back and folks would be elated. But in reality what we really get back is something a bit different - it could end up being akin to "A Taste of FotLK". Many will just be happy to have something back, and first-timers wouldn't have any idea it's not like it was before, but there will also be many that will know it's not the same as it was. One can only hope they could pull off a miracle and it could be better, but at this point in time I don't expect it to be 100% the same.

I wonder how long they’ll last.

I have a res to HS on Sunday. I'm praying that long at least. I'm really bummed I missed out on that opportunity last night though.

I'm now wide awake constantly refreshing the reservation page to find one for Saturday lol. Even though I won't be able to go til I get off work at 2.

Just saw her Insta, apparently she signed over 400, that will still be for sale. Pretty much 0 chance I get that though. Would be the highlight of my 2020, i'm pathetic enough I probably would cry lol

Last edited:
It’s the fear of not being able to get off the ship that would scare me too with cruising now. We pushed our 12/20 cruise to 12/21 and hope it’ll be better by then.
I have friends who were stuck on a Celebrity ship just off the coast of Chile in March. They circled for 4 days unable to get food or additional medications for guests. Eventually they were given More food and presumably medications and permission to dock in California so they sailed for 2 weeks to get there. They were told all were healthy on-board ship so it was business as usual. The cruise line didn’t disclose that someone took sick the last week of the cruise until 12 hours after most disembarked. The following day 1 passenger died of Covid and in total at least 90 got it!! My friends are thankfully well and got home but others were stuck on the ship with sick staff and guests as they did not have paperwork to disembark in the US. It was weeks until they could get off somewhere in South America.

As much as I love cruising, this has curbed my desire until things with this pandemic improve!!!

May the force be with you! I have to hope they're restocked by Nov 13...

I won't be surprised if they have them for a little while honestly. I'm just really trying to get a res for today in hopes of having a 1% chance of getting one of the signed ones. I am supposed to have my lunch break at 11, but I'm going to try to make it at 10 to if I can score a res before then. Probably chances are still close to 0 though. I so desperately want one

Meeeeee

Apparently there was a lightsaber meet up Fri night, and Ashley Eckstein (voice of Ahsoka in clone wars) crashed it to announce they were on sale and signed the first few hundred
A friend of mine was there Thursday and messaged me yesterday really upset because he missed her by one day 😭. I had zero clue who she was and he had to school me on it 😬. Hopefully he can get one of these on his next HS day.

Funny Ashley story:
My son and I were attending a Star Wars weekend, just walking along one day in MGM (he in stunned silence after just meeting a HUGE Darth Vader) and Ashley sticks her head out of a door, looks straight at me and says “hi! How’s it going?” as if talking to a personal friend...
I couldn’t believe she was talking to me so I looked around to see who she was talking to! Lol...... but it was just us there...... I looked back to answer and “poof” she was gone!
I’d have loved to get an autograph, Ahsoka Tano is my fav SW character.

We cancelled our March 21 cruise out of Canaveral to December 21/January 22. I think there is decent chance that the ports will be less restricted by then. Regardless, this reopening will be a slow crawl with the industry balanced on the tip of a pinhead waiting to see how the protocols work.

Now I really want you to get one too! Is there a board on here where you could connect with someone who is going today, and they could buy one for you?! Good luck!!

there's a ******* on the galaxy edge reddit page, but got to wait 24 hrs before you can access it

I do have a res tomorrow, chance I can get it then, but I was just hoping to have a slimmer of hope of getting one of the signed ones, those will probably be gone in about the next 10 minutes lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter