Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am with you 100% on this one.

So Monday is a holiday we wont hear anything. We know Thurs mornings they start canceling the reservations. So that leaves tues or Wed. If Thursday morning comes with no plans submitted, no opening date, and more cancellations, well then I Completely GIVE UP!!!
The next meeting is Wednesday at 10am. We should know by Tuesday if they are on the Agenda.

http://orangecountyfl.net/DesktopModules/OCFL/CountyCalendar/CalEvent.aspx?m=dtlvw&d=764375

I am with you 100% on this one.

So Monday is a holiday we wont hear anything. We know Thurs mornings they start canceling the reservations. So that leaves tues or Wed. If Thursday morning comes with no plans submitted, no opening date, and more cancellations, well then I Completely GIVE UP!!!
I believe someone here said the next task force meeting is Wednesday, so it’d have to be then.

The next county task force meeting is scheduled for the 10am on the 27th, Wednesday, if Disney presents, it'll be then, and the vote comes after. If they followed what Universal did they would announce a date there (pending approval). You won't hear anything "official" from Disney themselves until the Governor gets and approves it. But what they show during the presentation would likely include a date for the parks. (But not necessarily everything else)

https://www.orangecountyfl.net/EconomicDevelopment/EconomicRecoveryTaskForce.aspx for more info

The timeline with Universal went from presentation to vote, it passed there, later that evening the county Mayor reviewed and approved it, sent it to the governor the next morning, and he approved it around lunchtime (he contacted Universal first before publicly announcing it right after)

If that pattern follows, official word is coming on the 28th.

Last edited:

I believe someone here said the next task force meeting is Wednesday, so it’d have to be then.

Yes @vinotinto just posted that info

The next county task force meeting is scheduled for the 10am on the 27th, Wednesday, if Disney presents, it'll be then, and the vote comes after. If they followed what Universal did they would announce a date there (pending approval). You won't hear anything "official" from Disney themselves until the Governor gets and approves it.

https://www.orangecountyfl.net/EconomicDevelopment/EconomicRecoveryTaskForce.aspx

We should know Tuesday, only 2 left are Seaworld and Disney. It has to be one of those 2.

“Real-time adjustments“ to park tickets or passes is what may push me to the side of canceling. If I am invested with flights, resort cost, vacation time, etc., and find out day-of that my park entry is not happening, I would be a very unhappy customer. It’d be a different story, IMO, if they provided more information in advance of my trip. For example, ”Our plan is to allow park entry to all resort guests; however, if we hit capacity, our process will be as follows...“

The memo isn't really specific in regards to "real time adjustments", but I wonder if they would possibly affect ADRS , as well as rides/attractions

Imagine just having a snack or a very light lunch, because you have a 5pm ADR- or skipping breakfast because you have a lunch ADR , and in either scenario, the ADR is cancelled/amended in "real-time" - that would be pleasant

Thankfully, after being a fan for years, I can decipher Disney-speak:

"While we’re currently accepting reservations starting in July 2020 at both resorts, as this situation evolves, timing may continue to shift."

= Just because we are starting resort reservations on July 1st, that does not mean July 1st is the date reservations will actually start. We may continue the rolling cancellations throughout July. Or, start reservations in June, but locking them to stay within capacity limits. In other words, it's a non-statement meant to take space in this page.

"As we continue to follow guidance from government and health care officials regarding how we’ll be able to reopen our parks and resorts in a responsible way, we may also need to make real-time adjustments to booked experiences, park tickets and park passes."

= We may continue to cancel packages, cancel your dates and extend your park tickets through the end of the year, and cancel your after-hour events, such as Villains, all at the last minute possible.

There ya'll go! Wish we had a date like the Universal fans....
Agreed. Also (I say this as I am a little salty about having my trip cancelled twice), it's hard not to read this as "We will keep reservations open in July, as we need cash flow from your deposits and data around demand for the parks, but we have no idea if we will be open and will keep cancelling you with 2 weeks notice". Again, I'm salty, but come on Disney, throw us a bone :rotfl2:

I do find it a tiny bit ironic that the same people that told you that you’re looking too far into clues about them potentially reopening on June 1st are now the ones looking too far into this DPB article

I just think it’s just more of the same. Uncertainty.

They could surprise us and throw everything open with little warning, they could keep everything closed well into the summer. There’s so little concrete info out there virtually any scenario could be spun from the little crumbs of info we have.

Disney is channeling their inner Julie Chen right now, expect the unexpected everyone!

It is a possibility that Disney will allow Seaworld go next to present their plan.

If this slower to open then UO stems from the NBA coming to WWoS for the resumption of their season, Disney’s plan will have to include the details of how that is going to work and what they will need to do to accommodate the NBA and guests safely. An added element UO or the others do not have to plan for which isn’t finalized yet. The reason I say Seaworld next.. The commissioner of the NBA has said several times that he hopes to have his final decision by June. I’ve read June 1st and Also mid to late June.
If by some chance the NBA announces their decision next week, Disney will be able to finalize & present sooner rather then later.

I just think it’s just more of the same. Uncertainty.

They could surprise us and throw everything open with little warning, they could keep everything closed well into the summer. There’s so little concrete info out there virtually any scenario could be spun from the little crumbs of info we have.

Disney is channeling their inner Julie Chen right now, expect the unexpected everyone!

Theres no concrete info, but they wouldnt give the indication to Mayor Demmings that they’ll present their proposal to him next week if they weren’t ready. And why on Earth would they propose a plan to open up late into the summer when they could just easily sit back, see how things go for the next month or two and then present their plan to the mayor when they’re ready.

Those arent little crumbs, its logic. It would be a complete waste of time to generate a proposal that will 100% need to be redone if your plans involve opening much later down the line

I think Universal is communicating a lot given the very fluid situation. I wasn't expecting them to even announce the opening this week, but wait until next week to officially announce when they have more information. But credit where it is due, we now have a bunch of information about the reopening and what can be expected. Not every detail is 100% clarified.

As far as what food and attractions will be open, I take them at their word that it will be nearly all of them. I think the children's play areas are not planning to reopen initially, I would also assume parades and nighttime shows are out as well. They've given some information about how the virtual queues will work and provided the app for them. This is a bit of a big deal because only a very limited amount of rides at Universal had virtual queue capability before. It will be very interesting to see how this works out.

I think the reason no one is freaking out about lack of details is I guarantee absolutely NO ONE at Universal made a dining reservation 180 days in advance. Advance ride reservations, don't exist. Oh, and weird timeshares where you have to follow rules about use years, banking, etc? They don't have them. Planning a Universal trip is waaaaay less exacting than planning a Disney trip. The only anxiety I've seen people have is whether express passes for the three premium resorts will still be in effect and how that will be managed. But even then it is a simple process to cancel and book a different resort or even stay off property all together. You can do this the day before check in.

I can't imagine how it will be for people, riding the Hogwarts express with only their own party in the compartments. I wish I felt like I could go, but I'm sure the next time I do it will be as magical as ever.

Theres no concrete info, but they wouldnt give the indication to Mayor Demmings that they’ll present their proposal to him next week if they weren’t ready. And why on Earth would they propose a plan to open up late into the summer when they could just easily sit back, see how things go for the next month or two and then present their plan to the mayor when they’re ready.

Those arent little crumbs, its logic. It would be a complete waste of time to generate a proposal that will 100% need to be redone if your plans involve opening much later down the line

Lol ok. You want me to play the role of person who thinks they aren’t opening for ages, I guess.

I’m saying anything is possible at this point from parks opening near the same time frame as Universal in some capacity, to July 1, to extending that even further due to some new development. All they really gave us in that post is be prepared to pivot and roll with the punches, which could be interpreted many different ways.

It's a message board, everything is discussed and I think I've been pretty respectful.
I don't think I've ever told anyone to get over their disappointment, all I've said (in a nutshell) is I don't think Disney is handling it as bad as some of you do. As everyone points out why they think it's wrong of Disney, I'm only pointing out why I think it's okay.
Farro, in the times I have seen you on the boards, you have been respectful. I have encountered some others, not so much. Some act like Disney is a non-profit that we should feel honored to have he opportunity to give our money too :rotfl2:

Lol ok. You want me to play the role of person who thinks they aren’t opening for ages, I guess.

I’m saying anything is possible at this point from parks opening near the same time frame as Universal in some capacity, to July 1, to extending that even further due to some new development. All they really gave us in that post is be prepared to pivot and roll with the punches, which could be interpreted many different ways.

Which is the whole point of my OP. If its something that can be interpreted in many different ways, its because its a “Just in case” type of article. Theres nothing of real substance in what they wrote other than covering their behinds. There were quite a few “That doesnt sound promising” replies. What doesnt sound promising, that they wrote a bunch of words on their website that doesnt mean anything in regards to what theyre actually going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter