Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Same here, just got the email.

When was your trip date? Still havent seen anything for July yet....

Also though this tidbit was interesting You’ll also be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences. And we’ll be contacting you shortly regarding that process as well. For those who have received the email

I also have 10 plus days in July and September, I think it was rumored that if you have resort stay you are guaranteed a day for each night, but 3 to start then pick a park for each additional day. I have 2 resort stays :)
I'm just guessing like everybody else but if you are a local AP then maybe a lottery type sign up at first...could be bad news for the live streamers :(
Ahhhh OK that would make more sense.

Same with me I have 2 resort stays. That would be much better being guaranteed since u already have a resort booked.

I noticed this as well. This afternoon the webpage said 3 and up. Now it says 2 and up. My youngest just turned 2 in April....

Replying to my own post to add.... The face masks available on ShopDisney have in fine print that they are NOT to be worn by those younger than 4. So they are requiring them but don't want the liability of selling them.

I hope people who paid with gift cards for their dining plans kept their gifts cards, otherwise they are never going to see their money again. The refunds will go back to the gift card/cards use to pay for the plan. Part of me thinks that might be part of the motivation behind this. Free money for Disney.
You can call and explain to them that you no longer have your Disney gift card that was used. I had to do that for canceled VAH tickets and they just sent me a new electronic gift card with the credit on it.

I hope people who paid with gift cards for their dining plans kept their gifts cards, otherwise they are never going to see their money again. The refunds will go back to the gift card/cards use to pay for the plan. Part of me thinks that might be part of the motivation behind this. Free money for Disney.

In the past, if you didn't keep the GCs you used to pay off anything pertaining to your trip, they would mail you a new one with the refund on it. They don't advertise it but they help you out. Hopefully they keep that up.

If only the executives read this forum...The Disney Parks would be very magical (not sarcastic either; Literally)

When was your trip date? Still havent seen anything for July yet....

Also though this tidbit was interesting You’ll also be provided with early access to book new dining and experiences. And we’ll be contacting you shortly regarding that process as well. For those who have received the email
I do have a July 4 one night stay with ADRs. No email yet. But then again I never recieved the email for my latest resort cancellation that I should have gotten 2 weeks ago for June 10..

Well now the more I think about it, the "buckel up" from a couple of pages could well very be the only 3 days to AP holders at first and then once those 3 are done you can choose more.

That would really be a shot in the arm for most AP holders.
I'm not an AP holder but I swear I remember reading tonight that what they were saying was if you are an AP holder you would get three ahead of everyone else, (regular ticket holders) and after those you are thrown in with us commoners :) That's what I recall anyhow.

I also have 10 plus days in July and September, I think it was rumored that if you have resort stay you are guaranteed a day for each night, but 3 to start then pick a park for each additional day. I have 2 resort stays :)
I'm just guessing like everybody else but if you are a local AP then maybe a lottery type sign up at first...could be bad news for the live streamers :(
But how does that work in the future when you can make ADRs 60 days out? How would you know if you could get a reservation in that park if it was your 4th, 5th, 6th day of a week long trip?

Um has any of the other parks required people to make res

The forums...I have lost track cause I didn't save the whole discussion people were having...I just took notes...We will have to wait and see though. Everything is pure speculation until Disney makes the official announcement

Yes, Shanghai required guests to make reservations to enter the theme park each day. Apparently it worked and Disney is transferring the concept to WDW. Beats guests showing up en masse and having to be turned away at the parking lots. DeSantis doesn't care if WDW is taking reservations for their parks or canceling guest experiences.

Does anyone know the significance of the September 26, 2021 date? Like, why until that day? Why not extend no DDP for example through the end of 2021, if you want to cover your bases?

Disney's fiscal year ends in late September - I'm assuming it may have something to do with that?

I'm not an AP holder but I swear I remember reading tonight that what they were saying was if you are an AP holder you would get three ahead of everyone else, (regular ticket holders) and after those you are thrown in with us commoners :) That's what I recall anyhow.

Remy posted something along those lines last night, but I asked and he clarified that the 3-day thing would be for APs without hotel reservations (so just locals visiting for the day or whatever) - APs with hotel rooms would get to make reservations for the length of their hotel stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter